Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Shosh85 oh that poor woman! That would make enjoying the entire tour rather uncomfortable, I would think.  My Momโ€™s rosacea becomes more noticeable after she has had a couple of glasses of wine, so who knows.@itsfi 

@Shosh85, I know some people flush with wine or alcohol in general, and with wine, I see it often with red wine. ๐Ÿท Iโ€™ve read it is due to a lack of an enzyme that breaks down acetaldehyde and for those who lack the enzyme (itโ€™s a genetic condition), they get red as the acetaldehyde accumulates. Itโ€™s not uncommon for people of East Asian descent to have this condition which may be one reason for your boss getting flushed. 

I have been told that taking Pepcid AC to stop or help with getting flushed. Iโ€™ve tried it before - I can get flushed on occasion, but from what Iโ€™ve gathered, for me it depends on what else Iโ€™ve had to eat and how much water I consume while Iโ€™m drinking -  I think an antihistamine or antacid slows redness but may not necessarily stop it altogether depending on how much alcohol is consumed. And Iโ€™m not sure itโ€™s the best thing to do (take Pepcid, etc) just so someone can drink.

Very quickly catching up with a couple more masks from last week's "X" theme.

X for Mediheal x BTS: The "x" for this masking session is meant to signal collaboration. Mediheal x BTS Bio Capsulin Love Me Mask (Hydra) claims to be intensely moisturizing and revitalizing. There is, or maybe was, as I don't think these masks are being reproduced anymore, a mask set containing 3 of these cutely packaged hearts - this blue hydrating one (which I received as a gwp), a green soothing one, and a purple toning mask. 

X - collaboration BTS.jpg

Spoiler
My skin is left feeling refreshed and hydrated, with a brightened fresh faced, dewy glow after 45 minutes with the clear, gel / jellyish essence coating this semi - translucent, coconut gel-biocellulose Mediheal x BTS Bio Capsulin Love Me Mask (Hydra). Another winning mask from Mediheal and a nicely executed collab with BTS.

X for X-factor:  Korean beauty products have been an X factor in strengthening and healing my skin. My intro to Kbeauty took place about 5 or 6 years ago and involved products from Mizon, Leaders and Mediheal, and ingredients such as green tea, snail and royal jelly, all of which still have a place in my skincare routine to this day after all these years. 

X - CosRX snail.jpg

Spoiler
CosRX Advanced Snail Mucin Power Sheet Mask is a near perfect fitting soft, super thin Tencel sheet saturated in a thin, clear watery essence holding a noticeable yet dissipating scent best described as leaning herbal and citrusy with (thankfully) fading tinge of something mildly metallic (perhaps from the tea tree oil).  The second skin feel of the material makes for a pleasant and comfortable 30-minute wear but there's enough essence in the sheet itself (with plenty more in the packet) to keep the mask on for a longer time without it drying out. Absorption of the essence is smooth and quick, leaving no tack or stickiness in its wake. If I'm remembering right, some of the maskers here (@Shosh85@eshoe maybe?) have mentioned that a few products from this CosRx line (e.g., essence, cream) have a stringy texture to it; that is not the case with this mask, at least not from my experience. Skin looks and feels well hydrated and has a glistening dew and soft bounce to it.

@itsfi  

Could that snowman and heart mask be any cuter?! Great that it gave you good results too!

@elleb810, these were wonderful for hydration, which is what my skin needs this time of the year. 

@itsfi  Omg!!!! I didnโ€™t know there was a cosrx snail mask!!! I am definitely going to search it out!!

@ather, it's really good. I anticipated some tackiness, which would have been fine by me, but none. Just some good hydration! ๐Ÿ˜ If you can't find it, let me know. 

@itsfi  Sooo good. My skin responds so good to that line!!!  Iโ€™m sure Amazon has it!!!

Mine too @ather. Which products from the line have you tried?

@itsfi  The cream and the essence!!! So good! 

Ahhh, both good products @ather! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ My skin really likes the essence. โ™ฅ๏ธ

@itsfi  Biocellulose, great results and cute packaging sounds wonderful to me! Mediheal makes some solid masks! 
..... and how cute is that snowman?! โ›„๏ธ

I've been wanting to try that CosRx mask for awhile now - I'm just waiting until I make more of a dent in my collection before I buy more. This one sounds great! I thought the cream was a bit more stringy than the essence, but I actually don't mind it - a stringy mask seems like it could messy though, so I'm glad to hear this wasn't  ๐Ÿ˜‰๐ŸŒ

@Shosh85, Mediheal makes a couple of masks that I keep 10 packs of - just soooo good. โ™ฅ๏ธ 

The snowman โ›„๏ธ was from a โ€œquickโ€ trip to Target last month. ๐Ÿ˜‚ He wasnโ€™t on my shopping list but I just couldnโ€™t resist! 

100% understand about needing to make a dent in your stash first. It will happen. There will always been great sheet masks out there! 

Love BTS @itsfi the new song with Coldplay is sooooo good!!! Ohhh I have not tried the sheet mask version of the cosrx 

Yes @lmaster, another winning collaboration! I see that they have a collab with Laneige and one of its lip balm. I wonder if it means a possible sheet mask collab, either with Laneige or with another of the AmorePacific brands? 

I think CosRX redid their sheet masks a couple of years ago. Iโ€™ve only recently come across this one.

I did see that!! @itsfi so cool!!

That little heart mask is so cute, @itsfi!  Also, thanks for your feedback on the CosRX; I keep thinking that I want to try something from the brand but as you've said, I hear a lot of feedback that a lot of their products have a sticky consistency so maybe this would be a good place to start.

Itโ€™s adorable, isnโ€™t it @CookieGirl1?! If I had tried it when I first received it, I would have picked up more. 

The serum in the CosRX sheet mask is definitely the least viscous / stringy / sticky than the essence and cream from the line. The essence from the line has a consistency that I think feels more like a serum or ampoule. The product in the sheet mask feels more like a traditional essence in consistency, maybe even more like a toner  - thin, watery. If youโ€™re interested in trying something from the line, this would be a good starting point, especially if stickier textures are not something you like or are familiar with. 

Wait, there is a sheet mask tucked into that little blue heart, @itsfi? A biocellulose one, no less? I passed in those without reading too much about them as they looked like sleeping mask packs๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ Your description sounds so much better than that!

On the CosRx Essence, yesโ€ฆthat was a little too stringy for my comfort. But my skin sure loved it. The sheet mask sounds lovely, even that herbal-citrus scent seems above par and definitely worth a try๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

@eshoe, the Mediheal x BTS mask is one of the best biocellulose masks Iโ€™ve used. The changes in bio-cell masks with the new technologies have been really good. 

You might really like the CosRX snail sheet mask. I didnโ€™t find the essence from this line to be too stringy or viscous. The cream definitely much more so but I was fine with it. The sheet mask has a watery, slightly runny essence (typical of many sheet masks) so it would probably feel a lot more comfortable for you. 

Well yes, those both sound lovely, @itsfi. I am still using what I suppose could be considered โ€˜3Gโ€™ technology biocell masks ๐Ÿ˜‚  

21,372 Replies
testing