Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Sounds like they would be a good mask to do before a big event, @heartsmyface. I'm impressed with the length of time they help smooth out fine lines. 

@quspork   Big events?  They sound mythical yet somehow eerily familiarโ€ฆ.   
I am very pleased with these sorcery patches and even happier I found a couple local places that hat sell them (at a premium but at least thereโ€™s access to them) 

Ha! So true so true, but eventually we'll have events again right?.... maybe? ๐Ÿ˜ข @heartsmyface 

@heartsmyface I have never heard of this time of mask! I myself have deep smile lines!

@Mellmars1185   Smile lines are so utterly  beautiful and something Iโ€™ve always envied in other people.  The thing is that I have never had them myself until recently so Iโ€™m unaccustomed to seeing and accepting them in my reflection. Slowing their progression gives me more time to get used to them I suppose.  

@heartsmyface  Thanks for this! I need to embrace my smile lines more!

@heartsmyface I've always been nervous with micro needles in eye patches but I think I'd get the smile lines ones to try it out since it's in a less intense area.

@QueenMarceline   I was nervous the first time I bought microneedle patches.  I thought they would hurt but they donโ€™t at all.  you need to ensure your face is clean for sure, but the needles are soooo tiny and made up of hardened skin product which prick you and then melt into your skin but now able to absorb deeply and be more effective.   There are no actual needles to get stuck in you or anything.  If youโ€™ve ever kissed someone with a 5 oโ€™clock shadow youโ€™ve already experienced 10x worse-and itโ€™s only initially until they melt.  then itโ€™s like wearing a blister bandaid for two hours.  

@heartsmyface I've tried some micro needles with the ZitStickas patches I buy from them and never had an issue. I think it's just the under eye micro needles that scare me a bit because of how sensitive my under eye area is in itself even to things like oils, serums and eye patches. But I think I'd definitely be willing to try out more micro needle patches on other parts of my face and this seems like a very good product to try out. ๐Ÿ™‚

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Mask Stash Organization Week

What a perfect mask theme as I'm currently organizing my entire beauty collection (and most of my house lol) this includes decluttering, project pan and really trying to stick to making more selective purchases. That being said, I kind of splurged during the holidays and this morning a little box from the YEARENDSALE Sephora event came in which included these SEPHORA COLLECTION Coach x Sephora Collection Tea Rose Eye Mask Set 3 pairs that I picked up "just for fun". I must say the packaging is super cute and instantly caught my eye so I of course, had to try out a pair and photograph it before throwing away the box and putting them in their "new designated spot" 

25C238B2-33CF-4D6E-8181-7BF4649AB0C5.jpeg

356BB198-B851-4FAE-9937-3A4E561868D2.jpeg

My Thoughts:

Spoiler
These were kind of different, to say the least. When I initially took them out I thought I was missing one of the pair of eye masks but... they come "stuck together" where you have to separate them from one another. I've never seen eye masks come packaged like this so it is a bit, odd to say the least lol. I had no issue with application but shortly after I started feeling them get a bit uncomfortable. The time says 15 minutes and I was able to push through that quite easily so it was not completely off-putting but during these 15 minutes I thought for sure that I wouldn't be repurchasing. However, I went out for the rest of the afternoon to run errands and honestly felt a substantial smoothing/tightening effect in my under eyes. Honestly, looking at myself in the mirror my under eye area looked pretty great. I don't know if this is a "one hit wonder" or some weird placebo effect so I'll try out the eye mask a couple more times until I make up my mind and write up my Sephora review of this product. I am very pleasantly surprised though. 

@QueenMarceline, those are a pair of photogenic art pieces. I love that the wall art is a souvenir from a past vacation - those always hold such great nostalgic value, and even more so these days. It's lovely and calming! ๐Ÿ˜

It's great to pick up a purchase just for fun. The packaging for the Sephora x Coach eye patches will definitely draw you in; I think it was a good buy during a sale. Seeing it in your post reminds me that I have a box ... somewhere. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Should find it and add it to the queue of eye gels to work my way through this year. 

@itsfi Yes, it definitely brings out a good deal of nostalgia (especially during these times as you stated). Oh and with the weather we are dealing with up north, what I wouldn't give to have a nice pina on the beach. Ahhhh, one can dream, one can dream. Lol.

And yes! Definitely try them out, I liked my first masking with them. I will probably use them again this Saturday as I have a business party type-of-event to go to. Should get my full verdict then especially since I'll be wearing it under some makeup this time. I'm excited ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline Big yes to that art on the box and on your wall!  Always great when a mask gives you some visible results, bonus when they're on sale!

@missjeanie The art is definitely super cute on that box. I'm excited to re-try these eye patches to see if they're as good as I think they are. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ps. Thank you for the compliment on my art. Fun fact: this was bought from a local artist on my vacation to the Dominican Republic. It's one of my favorite pieces and it hangs in my bathroom. Always love looking at it from the view of my bubble bath tub lol! ๐Ÿ˜Š

@QueenMarceline The art is super nice!  I used to love walking through markets in Cuba to see all the art work, what a great memory to bring home with you from the DR!

@missjeanie I totally agree, whenever I go on vacation browsing the handmade local art/jewelry is always my favorite part.

@QueenMarceline Those masks look like a nice treat. Good to hear that you are enjoying them and took advantage of thr year end sale!

@Mellmars1185 Thank you, they were pretty surprisingly great. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@QueenMarceline  iโ€™ve resisted these so far telling myself they likely werenโ€™t good cause the Moschino bears were wonky and Coach isnโ€™t exactly known for their skincare.  Now Iโ€™m looking at them and considering trying them outโ€ฆ

@heartsmyface To be honest, I only bought them because of the sale and in the hopes they smell like "tea rose" but they do not (at least not to me). I might pick up another pack tbh but I'll try one more before I decide if they're actually good. I was honestly surprised.

Our first snow of winter today inspired today's pick, because really, how can you say no to penguins wearing their winter weather gear?!

My Beauty Diary Antarctica Glycoproteins Moisturizing Mask

PXL_20220104_041231864.jpg

I love the fit of MBD masks. They are plenty wide, don't require adjustments around the eyes, and provide the perfect contour on the chin. The sheet itself wasn't as thin as I was expecting but the adherence was good regardless. The watery essence kept the mask plenty moistened for a good half hour of wear. According to MBD, the essence contains glycoproteins pulled from the soil found at the bottom of icebergs in Antarctica. Supposedly it helps with hydration and protection from skin irritants. There was no noticeable scent with the mask and also no tack after removal. In the end, it was nicely hydrating and one that I'd happily use again, but more of a filler mask and not one I'm in a hurry to repurchase. 

21,367 Replies
testing