Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@heartsmyface  I won't do a photo shoot... but my 40 year old self may have a box of elf cereal next to my unicorn and tidbits boxes. lol

@missjeanie  I cannot judge.  I have been known to buy lucky charms just to eat the marshmallows and leave what looks like bowls of cat food in my wake. 

Lol Timbits apparently auto corrects to Tidbits.  Dang... I haven't had lucky charms in a hot minute... I'm not on a grocery low buy... those shall be in my cart @heartsmyface .  Thanks for the idea!

@missjeanie   Ha, I read Timbits.  we had those for a while but they werenโ€™t popular in the house.  Happy marshmallow hunting ๐Ÿ™‚  

Okay... between the food, the flat lays and the beauty knowledge... can we get married @itsfi ?  I'll even take roommate! lol. Dang I need pancakes now.  Cheers to your sheet masking year of knowledge, discovery and de stashing!

Hahaha @missjeanie! I'm saving this post - the next time I get grief about my cooking, I'll just say "Look! See! Someone appreciates it!" ๐Ÿคฃ You know me and my sheet masking - if I can tie in a theme, great; if it's a theme that involves food or drink, even better!! ๐Ÿ˜† #priorities

Any time anyone gives grief about food being made for them.... @itsfi you send em my way lol!

@missjeanie   Ouhh can I be best man?  Iโ€™m already dressed for the occasion! 

And such a dashing and dapper gentlemen too @heartsmyface! Even if the monocle falls off occasionally. Adds to the charm of the outfit! ๐Ÿ˜ The more the merrier when it comes to masking and food and drink! @missjeanie 

@heartsmyface only if you come armed with your fav skincare made into a bouquet? lol

@heartsmyface Okay.. now that the words skincare bouquet were in my head... how cute would a skincare bouquet be!!  Some sheet masks to hold it all together and deluxe sample size products wrapped in muslin cloths as the flowers? I'm going to keep this in mind for a few birthdays lol

@missjeanie  That sounds like such a clever idea!! I suppose youโ€™d make the cone shape first and then fill it with whatever fits?  Add few artificial flowers in there for effectโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ˜„. Bonus points if the products are floral scented!  A dozen rose scented  products would be awesome but this bouquet imagery is now getting large ๐Ÿ˜…

I personally don't have a lot of rose products @heartsmyface but I'm very curious to see someone try this!  A dozen 'roses' could be quite the Valentines day theme here!  I might be more of a 'box of chocolates' gal now that I think of it.  hmmmmm okay I won't lie.. I might be more motivated to find chocolate products to gift myself for V day... 

@missjeanie, I'm keeping my eye out for a pic of the now highly anticipated skincare bouquet! ๐Ÿ˜ @heartsmyface 

@itsfi Thank you for sharing, this thread is seriously inspirational. Such great organization skills with the sheet mask counter and it's always great to get a good hold of our collections (that's my goal this year).

@QueenMarceline, it took a while to get to a more manageable place with my sheet masks - a lot of 'no buys'. ๐Ÿ˜‚ For the last half of 2021, I tried very hard to keep to no more than 80 sheet masks at a time, with the idea that once I got to 80, I would only be able to repurchase (or at least try to hold off until then) when the stash made its way to 30. This year, my aim will be to keep the collection at a max of 50-60 - it started out 50 and then I added an extra 10 for "cushion". Hahaha! ๐Ÿคฃ I'm incorporating more sheet mask packs into my routine and since there's usually around 30 sheets in a pack, the 50-60 cap will give me the ability to pick up about another month's worth of sheet masks - I can have variety and pick up a 10-pack of a favorite mask if I see it go on sale. We shall see how this lower cap works out.

@itsfi That's honestly a really great plan to dwindle down lower and lower. I've surprisingly been pretty good at face masks (sheet-style) lately. But holy guacamole, my normal mask collection is... extreme. I need to get through those this year as they last quite a while. I'm adding two to my project pan this winter but they're already very low so I'm trying to give myself a reason to really just finish them. Plus, I HAVE A BACK-UP OF EACH OF THE TWO MASKS. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚ (Seriously... I have an issue).

"(Seriously... I have an issue)" ~ @QueenMarceline, if that is the case, then you, my friend, are in the right place. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Birds of a feather ... ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ We're all works in progress and for many of us here on this thread, making our robust mask collections more practical seems to be a common work in progress, be it sheets, wash offs, sleeping or some combination of all! ๐Ÿ˜‰ It's helpful to get ideas from folks about what has worked for them and then put together a plan that you think may work for you and then just put it to the test, and adjust along the way, if and as needed. FOMO was a real thing and I had to keep reminding myself that there will always be (sheet) masks that are interesting, unique, etc. Easier said that done. 

Including masks in your project pan is a wonderful idea, whatever state the masks may be in. I had one jar in mine the first year I did a project pan and it really was such a helpful thing to have done. It put into perspective for me the benefit of having one or two rinse-off masks that I have in my regular rotation (and maybe another one, or two, that address specific needs). For myself, I learned that my skin actually did better with the regularity, rather than trying a bunch at once or even just have a couple out and reaching for them randomly every so often. 

@itsfi I definitely am in the right place, that is for sure. ๐Ÿ˜‚I agree. I have so many things that are unopened or that I have yet to try out because of that same FOMO you describe but I've been a lot better than in previous years about my splurges. I found it that I tend to gravitate back towards the same masks. Usually when I try new things I either like it but that I own something better or feel an overall meh, about the product. I don't know if I'm just getting old or if I've simply learned what works and what doesn't. There's so many "holy grails" I've found over the years that it's honestly not even fair to hold other masks to their standard, yet I still do it every time. I think over the last year the main lesson I realized is, if you already know you own/love something why are you trying to replace it with something else? "Curiosity killed the cat" as they say and I think I realized that's true when I spent 100 points on the Herbivore Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Smoothing Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL because I simply thought I neeeeeded to try it (omg a "natural" retinol alternative) and it wreaked havoc on my skin. I know it's a serum not a mask but I did this full well knowing that I still have my discontinued retinol from Kate Somerville that I adore, my Sunday Riley Luna Retinol Sleeping Night Oil which I loooove and my Drunk Elephant A-Passioniโ„ข Retinol Cream 1 oz/ 30 mL which I also have been enjoying recently. OH and also on the cusp of the release of Drunk Elephant A-Gloeiโ„ข Retinol Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL which I am literally dying to try out. Why? Why did I do that? Lol!

I repeat: Seriously... I have an issue.

Happy New Year!  itโ€™s been a while since Iโ€™ve participated here (or masked even). trying to get back into some sort of routine.  
Itโ€™s organization week so I guess that means itโ€™s time to declutter some masks I donโ€™t love and downsize a bit.  

Todays mask is Acropass line care micro needle patches.  Wearing them on my smile lines though theyre hard to see in photos without shining a light on them. Theyโ€™re a 2hour mask with hyaluronic acid to deliver deep moisture and two types of oligopeptides to regenerate skin tissue.  Theyโ€™re kinda magical in that they smooth fine lines and wrinkles for a four or five hours.  

B043452B-6E91-44E7-A484-ED3C85A0EDE3.jpeg

โ€ƒ

FAD1B910-6DC8-4B12-A536-B092405D9956.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Oh my goodness @heartsmyface, I love your hair color! ๐Ÿ˜ 

Your skin looks amazing, hon! Always. #goals

Okay, onto the mask ๐Ÿ˜‚ Those results sound great - love that they have some longevity to them too! Knowing and remembering that is a good way to build up the courage to use those microneedle patches. 

21,372 Replies
testing