Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@missjeanie, you finished that lip mask?! Brava! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Thatโ€™s no small feat; niiiice! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I feel the same way about that SF mask; itโ€™s fine but for me, there were other masks in their lineup that I thought performed better. Will be interested in your take of it as a sleeping mask.

@itsfi Finishing that balm felt like a big thing for sure.  Small wins right lol.  I went and picked out a new one to concentrate on and am now wondering if I should just bite the bullet and join in on the panning lol. I'm starting to feel like there may have been a few of us underwhelmed by the SF jet lag.  Their pumpkin-y mask is a great one though!

Yes @missjeanie, the SF pumpkin mask is nice. I like that one and their rose one. 

Small win? That lip mask is a big win! ๐Ÿ˜ You can always join in on the panning with 1 or 2 products for a couple of months and see if itโ€™s something youโ€™d want to keep up with. I have a lip mask in my panning project this year - I like it but it really needs to be used up. 

I'm still pondering the panning ahead @itsfi .  I did look through my stash of skincare/makeup last night to try and organize a bit of things to see where I was at inventory wise (spoiler alert.... I'm good for the next 40 years).  I just need to figure out what/how a panning would actually work for me in lieu of what I wish would work.

Hahaha @missjeanie; good for 40 years. Thatโ€™s better than having enough for 50, right?!! ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ 

@itsfi ๐Ÿคฃwe'll talk after I make it though this work from home period... I've found myself eyeing some online shopping through the days... 

Too bad the pineapple slices were underperformers, @missjeanie. I do feel similarly about a lot of the slice patches. 

@quspork I'm curious now to know if anyone actually has found any that are great?

@missjeanie @Totally agree about those slice masks! They seem super fun but ultimately feel like thereโ€™s a bit more hassle than they are worth. agree about the summer Friday as well; I used a sample and loved it but when I got the full size it was stingy and meh. I think there was some formula issue at some point. 

@Kim888 Glad to know I'm not the only one who didn't fall in love with the SF!  I think I've got a sample around here somewhere still as well ๐Ÿ˜ž

Bite Beauty Agave+ Intensive Vegan Lip Mask is my favorite and the Laneige never stays on me overnight like the Bite does! Congrats on finishing that one though! @missjeanie 

@sister13 @missjeanie I completely agree. I love my laneige sleeping mask but the Bite is just a whole other level. I use that when I truly need a lip MASK. ๐Ÿ˜‚Also, I really need to get on trying that Dr. Jart+ Ceramidinโ„ข Facial Barrier Mask Ceramidinโ„ข Facial Mask 

@QueenMarceline I don't know if they're still in there (I haven't been in to one in a few years now) but check out the TJ Maxx's, they had a good run for about a year where Dr. Jart sheet masks were showing up, I may have bought several boxes lol

@missjeanie Oh wow! I might have to pop over there, I have one very close to my house. The mask I'm eyeing from Dr. J retails at $9/mask so it's quite pricey... ๐Ÿ˜

Totally agree @sister13 The leneige to me is a lip balm... the bite, now that's a mask! lol. 

Working through my January expiration dates, here is A For Artemisia AKA mugwort

IMG_20220104_122250775_HDR.jpg

• Eucalyptus white thin sheet
  • Fit was great
  • Scent is too strong, it's like a floral perfume 
  • Drenched in clear bubbly serum with extra in the package
  • Wear time was 20 minutes
  • I really really wish the scent wasn't so strong because I love the benefits, my skin felt firmer and that's a hard benefit to come by with one use!! 

Benefits of Artemisia:

• Calms and soothes redness on the skin
  • Said to heal acne/ breakouts on the skin
  • Packed with vitamin A and C

Ingredients

IMG_20220104_122258650.jpg

โ€ƒ

Ugh a floral perfumed scent in a sheet mask is rarely welcome, @lmaster. Sorry about this one. Thankfully the skin benefits were there! 

@eshoe yes the benefits were absolutely there uughhh why added fragrance... Why??!!

@lmaster I wonder if it is to cover up less favorable, chemical scents ๐Ÿง 

Just give it a fruity scent @eshoe skip the perfume body scent lol

Preach @lmaster ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

21,357 Replies
testing