Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe Yes unfortunately it did and it's having a hard time bouncing back. I heard through the BIC grape vine that they changed the formula and that the new one has been breaking people out (me included, so I can sadly affirm). ๐Ÿ˜‚

The reformulation was sad, to say it lightly, @QueenMarceline. It was my most favorite bakuchiol serum. I have been very please with Alpyn Beautyโ€™s Melt Moisturizer and Wild Dandelion Sleeping Mask (both with bakuchiol), but for results, nothing beat the original. I commiserate๐Ÿ™ 

@eshoe Wow, that's such a bummer honestly. Especially for those that liked the OG formula, I wish I got to actually try that one. ๐Ÿ‘€

@eshoe Oh wow, thank you so much for sharing that. That was honestly very interesting to read through. Oof, if I'm understand correctly did the new formula up their % of Bakuchiol in order to better/more accurately support their past product claims? If so, this makes me worried that I might actually have an overall bad reaction to the ingredient instead of only the product from Herbivore. I believe this was my first strictly Bakuchiol focused purchase (it's highly likely it's probably in some other skincare product I use as well but not enough for it have Bakuchiol within it's product name, if that makes sense). I actually just passed on an eye mask with the ingredient in it because that's how badly the herbivore serum made my skin react. I think I'll try it again ~6months from now (but a different brand) just for "science purposes" behind if it's Herbivore's formula or Bakuchiol as an ingredient itself. 

@QueenMarceline the bakuchiol in the new Herbivore was barely detected. In other words, the original was the good stuff ๐Ÿ˜‚

@makeitup305 likes Beekman 1802โ€™s serum. I have not tried it yet but plan to this year.

C9F2AB44-28DF-4A87-A0DA-4B1C1A52F07F.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@eshoe ohhhhh this looks so nice!!

Doesnโ€™t it, @lmaster!? It has been OOS for quite awhile on Ultaโ€™s site. I keep checking, though, so I can give it a try.

@eshoe Haha, OOOPS๐Ÿ‘€ Got that backwards... looks like maybe Bakuchiol is okay after all. ๐Ÿ˜‚

It works more gently and does not dry it like retinol has, @QueenMarceline. That being said, I just started adding Shani Darden Skin Care Retinol Reformยฎ Treatment Serum 1 oz / 30 mL into my routine, so weโ€™ll see how that goes๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

@eshoe Oddly enough, my skin really gels well with retinol. I know it's a hit/miss with people (my mom absolutely cannot do anything with retinol in it) and I was nervous at first, but honestly after I got past the initial couple weeks of drying and fully incorporated it into my routine 2-3x a week it's been smooth sailing for 2.5ish years now. I like it enough that I have 3 top products for it (lol! because of course I do). The discontinued Kate Somerville Retinol Serum, the Drunk Elephant A-Passioniโ„ข Retinol Cream 1 oz/ 30 mL and the Sunday Riley Luna Retinol Sleeping Night Oil 15 mL 

Also really want to try that Drunk Elephant A-Gloeiโ„ข Retinol Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL that just dropped. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚

@QueenMarceline, if your skin can handle or tolerates retinol, that's fantastic! ๐Ÿ˜Š I'm in the same camp as your mom in that my skin really doesn't respond well to retinols (or most retinol derivatives), so for me bakuchiol, as a natural (less irritating) alternative to retinol, has been wonderful. 

@itsfi Haha, it's definitely one of those hit/miss ingredients. 

I tried the Drunk Elephant A-Passioniโ„ข Retinol Cream 1 oz/ 30 mL and after giving it a good, lengthy and careful run, had to part ways with it @QueenMarceline. I appreciate the recommendations, and hmmmm, love that the Drunk Elephant A-Gloeiโ„ข Retinol Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL is in oil form!

@eshoe Allies of Skin has a new Bakuchiol serum oil that looks really interesting. Gothamista just had it as one of her 2021 favorites, too, so now I'm even more interested. 

Thank you for the heads up, @makeitup305! Another one to add to my list to try. I will have to check out Gothamista, too.

@makeitup305, love Gothamista. I saw that as well and looked up that serum oil because I do like the Allies of Skin products Iโ€™ve tried. The Bachukiol serum oil has some good ingredients but Bakuchiol is listed near the end of the INCI list which makes me wonder about the concentration in the formula. @eshoe 

@itsfi good to know. I hadn't really looked at the inki list yet. It should probably have more, considering the price point. 

@makeitup305, I looked up some information for the Allies of Skin oil serum on the brand website and it says it contains 1% Bakuchiol, which falls within the range that is considered ideal to actually see results. In that regard, good news. Thereโ€™s a breakdown of percentages for the key or noted ingredients on the brand site but not of all ingredients (understandable as I imagine thereโ€™s some proprietary concerns for disclosing everything). 

@eshoe 

Watching her now, @itsfi - lots to learn!

skin79-seoul-girls-beauty-secret-mask-wrinkle-care_front_photo_original

Seoul Girls Beauty Secret Mask ( Anti-Wrinkle)

NGREDIENTS

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Alcohol, Betaine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Carbomer, Polysorbate 80, Caprylyl Glycol, Tromethamine, Adenosine, Allantoin, Butylene Glycol, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1, 2-Hexanediol, Propanediol, Disodium EDTA, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Coix Lacryma-Jobi Ma-Yuen Seed Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance.

Scent: None detected.

Fit: Fit the 5-head, short on the nose, eyes good, a little extra along jaw and chin.

Wear Time: 20 min, only slight drying on outside.

Tack: Almost instantly dried when rubbed in.

Results: I had this one as a love last year, but for now it's ok. Kind of had a greasy looking face in the morning. Could have been my moisturizer or something. I should have another one I'll move to the back of the line to recheck.

Repurchase? Undecided.

21,357 Replies
testing