Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@QueenMarceline That was a great read thank you!

@Samtian Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ It was a fun blast from the past, that's for sure. 

@QueenMarceline Enjoy your masking experience. I have never tried the lush tab!  

Cleaning out my masks, and soothing some skin while I am at it.

80069300-8A89-4318-995F-85018DF6AE1D.jpeg

Spoiler
 The re:p Bio Fresh Mask is a cool, calming soft clay-like mask that does not harden. It is flecked with herbs (calendula & chamomile) and has a subtle, fresh scent that I find incredibly soothing. One use left out of this one, and then it goes on the repeat list.

The Biossance Rose Vegan Lip Mask is a favorite of mine for its glossy finish and long-lasting nourishment. This will be a repurchase, in the tube Biossance Squalane+ Rose Vegan Lip Balm 0.51 oz/ 15 mL.

The Meebak Cica Mask was next, as after dermaplaning in the morning, I knew that my skin would need some extra TLC. It had a clean, synthetic and sanitized scent, and a thicker, translucent clear serum. It was almost gel-like. It was quite oversized, but adhered just fine and remained in place for the next 25 minutes. After removing, my skin appeared plumped, with minimal tack. I did not have any redness beforehand, but will pick this one up the next time I do to see how effective it is. 

Ingredients
Spoiler
7F4FDD96-2542-4D8E-A9E5-846B6A34F5B9.jpeg

99B69FA3-8C77-4319-A62B-D6819E9C6DF4.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
This Boscia Matcha Magic Super-Antioxidant Mask has been sitting in a drawer unloved for too long now. I pulled it out to try last night after noticing my pores were looking like they needed some decongesting care. The scent reminds me of Sharpies. It wasโ€ฆinteresting? The thicker consistency was nice, and in retrospect, I would have used my silicone mask brush to apply it. I left it on around 15 minutes, after which it began to dry. It did not feel overly tight, which was a bonus. After rinsing, I did a quick check and *think* my pores appeared a bit cleared. I will possibly finish this, and not repurchase as there are other masks similar without the scent/drying down that I would prefer to use.

The fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Rosรฉ (thank you, @faeriegirl!) was an extra-special treat, with a little tint that is fun to wear post-makeup removal. 

The no:hj Skinmaman Squalane Essence Mask surprised me. It is a gold foil, one-piece mask that feels medium - thick in weight. It had a clean, typical sheet mask scent, with a clear, thin serum that did not drip. The bottom half began to fall away about 5 minutes into the masking, and required frequent pat-pat-pats to keep in place. It was about this time that I became hungry and wished this was a two-part mask. Foil masks seems to work better that way, I think. I left it on around 20 minutes, removed, and inspected my skin. It appeared a little fuller, with a slight tack remaining to the touch. I would use this again, but I am not in a rush to repurchase.

Ingredients
Spoiler
FA0C9844-E85A-412F-8720-DBB994FDE994.jpeg

@eshoe ohhh love cica masks!! Both of these sound wonderful

I am very grateful I have not encountered any negative reactions/irritation recently, @lmaster. Itโ€™s been a (knock on wood!) good runโ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe, it's too bad the bottom half of the foil mask didn't want to stay in place. ๐Ÿ™ Have you tried cutting your 1-piece foil masks in half (and essentially making your own 2-piece foil mask - or any mask, really)? That might be a good workaround if 2-piece foil masks work better or conform better to your face. 

62FF49C3-E340-4653-A7E5-36BC83422E8E.gif

@itsfi next time!

@eshoe I enjoyed the Biossance lip mask as well but agree the tube version will be nice.  So understand when a mask should be a two piece... gotta be able to nosh on a snack or two sometimes!

You feel my pain, @missjeanie ๐Ÿ˜‚ I was trying to snack on a clementine, and I could just barely eek on through. I ended up just lifting the entire bottom half for each slice. Not very efficient, eh?

@eshoe I like to think we've all been there lol

The goal should be to move away though, @missjeanie - I need to get with it๐Ÿ˜‚

@eshoe Enjoy masking! I enjoyed the Rose Sugar Balm

@Mellmars1185 I think it is rare for me to have a truly โ€˜badโ€™ masking time. There is always at least one positive (and often many more) element to make it enjoyable!

@eshoe That re:p sounds lovely.

It is very calming, @Samtian. The only reason I have had this for more than a year is because it sits in a drawer under other skincare, so I forget about it. Every time I remember, I get excited to use it all over again ๐Ÿ˜„

It is, @QueenMarceline. It is almost like having the Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask in a tube.

@eshoe Just the look of the packaging makes me want this!

Ha @Mellmars1185 I feel like that is something companies know, too ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@eshoe Oh wow, I got a sample of that Tatcha from a direct from the brand website purchase as a gift about 1-2 years ago and I remember LOVING it. I'll be adding that Biossance to my "loves" now ๐Ÿ˜‚

21,367 Replies
testing