Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  

This whole thing sounds like a dream for very dry skin which I have so I'm intrigued by it. Did you like any one of the steps more than the other? THe

@elleb810, all 3 of these steps were very good. My skin is dry and dehydrated so the ampoule or the essence from the sheet mask would like be my favorite as those types of products can generally be layered easily, which would be helpful in treating dry or dehydrated skin. The cream is also nice but would probably be too heavy in the warmer months, even for my skin.

Well now this just sounds lovely all around @itsfi !  I just love a great moisturizer like that after a good mask.  Seals in all the goodness.  I always wonder if brands sell those moisturizers separately and the extra steps are gateways into buying full sizes? 

@missjeanie, this cream moisturizer was such a great treat for my skin. So nourishing and moisturizing! Loved it! ๐Ÿ’–

This brand does have full sizes of the essence (from the mask), the ampoule (step 1) and the cream (step3) for sale! As for which came first, the products or the sheet or all at once, no idea, but I think you are absolutely onto something about the strategy behind these mask pack. It may depend on the brand as well though - there have been a couple of brands with mask packs where the extras included in the mask pack are limited to the mask pack which is sometimes a shame. I'm thinking about JayJun - some of their mask packs include products that can be purchased as full size, while other of their mask packs seem to only have 1 of the 2 of the products. Or, maybe with the latter, it just took me too long to get to using the mask pack that the actual skincare product sold out or had been discontinued. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

A for Aloe. I have a 7 pack of these Lapcos masks. 

This one had a very generous amount of thick, hydrating gel serum, reminiscent of actual aloe but not as stringy. Fit was pretty great and smoothed on nicely. Stayed very hydrated for 30 minutes or more until my face started to feel cold and chin area was drying slightly and it was time for bed. Lots of gel still in the package. Light, fresh scent. Skin felt decently hydrated after but not life changing. This came in a variety pack of 7 or so, I think there is another A in there Iโ€™ll try soon, Aqua maybe? 

CB093025-84B5-49F0-88CA-F932E0D7099E.jpegFFFC1AFB-7DF4-4C25-BDC7-08060CF19DA5.jpeg

@sister13 this brand is really good!! I have some I need to use before expiration, the honey version is so good!!

I think I may have already used the honey one and liked it! @lmaster 

@sister13  This looks really nice! Some of the gel masks I've tried aren't as hydrating as I'd like, so this seems perfect!

@sister13  

Aloe masks are just so soothing! Perfect anytime!

@sister13  aloe masks are wonderful! I'd love to know which of the flavors you like best after you've finished your variety pack.

This is a great 7-pack of masks, @sister13. The Aqua is nice, I think there might be a Hyaluronic Acid or Charcoal one in there, too? All good ones!

Love a 7 pack of a variety of masks @sister13 I've always enjoyed their mask packaging, simple and right to the point lets you know what it is and what it's for.  Sounds like this one was a win all around.  I know some people love a cold 'refrigerated' mask, but does anyone else want a warm mask like me?  lol when mine get cold is how I know its time to come off too. 

@sister13, this mask sounds hydrating, cooling and refreshing - a combo I could definitely get behind! ๐Ÿ˜ This line of masks is good and I like that the brand offers a variety pack - it's a great way to try out different masks. 

Three days in a row!! Who am I going in back in time to 2019 with all this masking? lol

Started my email review this morning with one of the first snail masks I'd tried (and start of the snail love affair).  This is by no means my favourite ever mask, but it's one I can rely on time and again to give a good dose of healing and plumping to my skin.  While I was re fixing up some budget commitments it was time for some eye gels.  I picked these up based on some great reviews here and they're a lovely eye gel.  I think that I'm just not as into the gels of this style, I prefer the sticker type.  No real reason to it, just a preference.  I finished off the night merging some spreadsheets and prepping for a morning meeting with the Candy-o-landy Honey and Milk mask.  This is a solid filler mask.  Nothing where I feel the need to re-purchase but I'm not mad at having them to use.  They're pretty easy going as far as masks go, a slight honey scent, an okay fit, and an average serum.  I think as I've masked more and more it takes a lot for a mask to be a standout.  This would be a reliable filler mask for just about anyone I'd guess.  I do prefer the snail simply because of the benefits of snail mucin and would re-purchase those over any of the Candy-o-landy that I've tried.

Skin is starting to look a bit better after my over exfoliation slip up.  No flakes today so I'll repeat some masking and year end prep tomorrow and see after that when I may be ready to jump back on the scrubby fun!

IMG_1785.jpg

@missjeanie  Yay for three days!!! I'm pretty sure that snail mask was the first snail mask I tried too! It's a good, solid one and it gets the job done! ๐ŸŒ

I haven't really been too impressed with any of the Candy O' Lady masks I've tried - some are better than others, but all are pretty much your average filler mask. I agree though, the more I mask the harder and harder it is to find one that stands out. 

@Shosh85 I'm glad its not only me who seems to find they all kinda blend together.  I mean, obviously some are a lot better or a lot worse than others, but the middle of the road 'fine' category seems to be the biggest.  I do think the repetitive use does help my skin but I think it's an overall effect not one mask.  

This are some goodies for sure! @missjeanie 

@missjeanie  I think that was one of the first snail masks I tried. My gateway to the snail too!

@nuinui933  Ha, thatโ€™s great you remember your first!!! Mine was either the Pure Smile Snail mask or their snake venom mask on my first trip to Japan in 2011.    
I love your user name:). Little girl:). Very cute.  

@heartsmyface  awwww, so cool you know the meaning of my user name. That's what my dad called me when I was a kid, and as I think about it, even now. My mom told me he would stick with it since I'm the only girl, and she was right! 

OMG, snake venom! My eyes are like saucers reading that! Wooooaaahhh! I finally used a bee venom mask last year. Gonna think about snake venom for this year. Is there any tingling. 

We all had to have our gateway @nuinui933 ! lol

21,372 Replies
testing