Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@AznAngelLiz Looks like a fun mask! I hope the flaking goes away soon!

@AznAngelLiz I enjoy a bubbly mask every now and again to keep things fun.  Interesting reaction though.  I'll be curious to see if everything ends up okay after a bit of time and if the flaky happens with another use.

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Mask Stash Organization Week

Keeping on with the theme and with my overall decluttering mission this year. I found a sample of this overnight hair mask, Living Proof Perfect Hair Dayยฎ Night Cap Overnight Perfector 4 oz/ 118 mL laying around and I figured it would be a perfect addition to my mini-spa day last night. My hair was in desperate need of a wash day (that was planned for this morning) so the timing just lined up right. I'm not a stranger to "overnight" masks, I'd say I do it around 2-4 times a month but I usually just leave a mask in overnight. I've yet to try a product that was directed at being an overnight process (at least not in recent history) so I was excited to give this a go.

E19B6019-ED10-472A-9651-37E8511BF172.jpeg

โ€ƒ

My Thoughts:

Spoiler
This has the classic Living Proof scent, if you have tried their line and like this scent you will likely enjoy this as well. It took about 80% of the sample to fully feel like I lathered my hair so I ended up using the whole thing. I shampoo'd out, used only one conditioner and only one post-shower product. I thought this would give me a good indicator of results/impact of the mask instead of lathering my hair with other products that I know do some wonders on my tresses especially used all together. I let my hair air dry and ran some errands (and went shopping). I liked the results of this mask, but it did dry down crunchy so although it says it can also be used as a leave-in cream I would not recommend that at all. I feel like my hair felt a bit "fluffier" today and not in a bad way. I didn't have a weird oily overcast and it did not weigh down my hair. I genuinely like this product, nothing miraculous but a well-priced product for how it performs and the fact it's a targeted overnight hair mask. My curls turned out alright, which is impressive because this product really had to work overtime without my usual multiple step hair routine. But, I think my hair also felt just... "stronger" and less frail in a sense? I'm not sure if this mask is targeted at strengthening locks but that's what it felt like. I'm pretty sure that I have another sample of this and would definitely like to give it another go. I'm not tripping over myself to run to the store to get it immediately but I think this is interesting enough to be excited to re-try.

@QueenMarceline  So happy to hear this worked out so great for you! I think I might have a sample or 2 of this as well - I'll definitely have to try it out soon! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 Loved the smell of it. I have a few living proof products on hand and I haven't been giving them much use, almost forgot how yummy they smell.

@QueenMarceline, that's great that your hair felt strengthened by this mask! ๐Ÿ˜€

@QueenMarceline glad this worked out well for you!

@lmaster Thank you, I'm looking forward to trying it again.

@QueenMarceline When you use an over night hair mask do you cover your hair with anything? Or do you have any suggestions? I want to use an overnight mask but I am afraid it will soak through my pillow case. I also don't want to get the mask on my face to avoid any breakouts.

@Mellmars1185 Yes, I wrap my hair up in a "towel" it's really just a cloth from LUSH and I put an actual hair towel down on my pillow (just in case).

@QueenMarceline  Thanks I will try the towel idea out. 

@QueenMarceline Awesome review.  You made me get up and check and I do have a couple of these in a sample size.  Put them into the bathroom to test out this week!  Thanks for the motivation!

@missjeanie Ooooh, that's exciting. I'll have to check my stash again but I'm positive I have at least another one laying around somewhere.

Last nightโ€™s mask stash organization involved a couple of oldie but goodies, and an A for Agave and B for Lip Butter!

046CFB19-7EBA-4F09-AC37-322FF102A91D.jpeg

Spoiler
Before starting off with the face mask, I gave my lips a good exfoliation with the Bite Beauty Agave+ Weekly Vegan Lip Scrub 0.7 oz/ 20 g which was part of last yearโ€™s lip gratis. The granule to conditioning ratio seems about 50/50, maybe 40/60. I like to give it a good store with the mini spatula that is included before applying, then wipe it of gently with a towel. This usually leaves a layer of balm behind, perfect for topping with the Korres Lip Butter Jasmine. They have recently begun offering this in tube form, which I plan to try when I finally get through the last two of these I have. Side note, it has a soft, fruity scent.

The Joanna Vargas Exfoliating Mask is one of my favorite ways to give my face a good physical exfoliation. I only use it once every month or two, as it is also a chemical exfoliant, to prevent overdoing it. It is loaded with fruit extracts, kaolin clay and volcanic ash. It does not dry completely, and has a citrusy scent that reminds me of Fruit Loops. This is one of those masks that I like to save for evenings when I want to give my skin a little extra pampering. I left it on at least 20 minutes this time, and used the SEPHORA COLLECTION Vegan Makeup Remover and Cleansing Brushto help remove it (thank you @TeamBIC for both gratis gifts!). I usually use a makeup remover, which is the fast and easy way to do it. While this felt extremely gentle, it did take longer as it loosened the product but required additional coaxing from my palms to completely rinse it away.  The biggest drawback was how messy removal was with this particular mask! It is a good trade-off, if you have the time; gentler removal = happier skin in the long run!

Finally, the Osรจque Pure Water Mineral Mask had a slightly clean, sanitized scent that was barely detectable. It had a single, thin protective sheet that made unfolding it a breeze. The sheet itself was a soft, smoothly material that was incredibly cozy  and fit my face fairly well. It was drenched, absolutely soaked, with serum. As a matter of fact, the sheet had absorbed just about every last drop from the packet! The mouth are was slightly off, but that was about it. The adherence was gorgeous. It felt like a second skin. With a suggested 10-minute wear time, I knew I would go beyond that as I did not want to remove it at all! After about 25 minutes, I was ready to head to bed so off it went. This is where I found the biggest drawback; tack was a solid medium. I have learned to just deal with it and apply a healthy layer of moisturizer to tone it down a bit. This was so minor in comparison to how enjoyable this mask was. I am already looking forward to the next time I can use this one! Oh - it also contains plenty of beloved ingredients like honey, propolis, royal jelly, sodium hyaluronate, and ceramide NP.

Ingredients:
Spoiler
05777C28-E9FA-46CF-85F5-2C1C7EB7A1CC.jpeg

@eshoe, I agree with @Shosh85 that the ingredients in this one are great. Is this a mask from your Facetory sub box?

@itsfi it is from Facetory, but not from the sub box. They had an end of the year sale and I stocked up on a few masks. I wish I had purchased more than I did, but am thankful I picked up a handful! 

@eshoe  Oh, that sheet mask sounds amazing! The ingredients you listed are some of my most favorite - I see that it also has a couple different peptides in it as well! This definitely sounds like one I'd love too - so happy you enjoyed it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 this mask felt as good as it sounds! It is not often that happens, but when it does, it deserves a little happy dance ๐Ÿ˜

@eshoe the sheet mask sounds exceptional!!! At least if you know the tack is coming, you can prepare for it

100% agree, @lmaster

@eshoe  The Joanna Vargas Exfoliating Mask looks fantastic. Do you usually purchase from Dermstore? I just checked there and it's actually out of stock!!

21,372 Replies
testing