Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@lmaster That's a super interesting mask, was eyeing a banana one from Ulta but decided on getting something else instead.

@QueenMarceline oh yes!! The Ulta banana one is so good too ๐Ÿ˜Š

@lmaster I'll have to check it out sometime soon ๐Ÿ™‚

@lmaster, I think these Beauty Recipe masks have gone out of production and that the brand has a new line, "Hello Quret Friends". The packaging is cute. I haven't tried this new series but it seems like it would be similar to the Beauty Recipe collection, and be filler masks. @eshoe may have used a couple. 

Ahhh, that good ol' banana runt scent. There's a banana variety in the new line; not sure how it will perform, but I can see a lot of interest would be generated by the cute packaging - 

Photo from quret(dot)co(dot)krPhoto from quret(dot)co(dot)kr

Yes, these are definitely what I would call filler masks, @itsfi @lmaster - albeit decent ones! I have not come across any with a particular scent, although the two I currently have on rotation (Cactus and Egg) are plenty fine left unscented.

@eshoe @itsfi always searching for that perfect banana mask,,I swear ๐Ÿคฃ

Maybe it's just me @lmaster @eshoe, but I feel like banana sheet masks are held to a higher standard - it not only has to perform well, but I'm extra particular about how it smells. I used a banana sheet mask either last year or the year before that was unscented and I'm pretty sure I wrote it off (or downgraded it) because it lacked a banana / banana runts scent. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Fruity masks in general seem to โ€˜outperformโ€™ if they are scented just as good as they look, @itsfi @lmaster. I just donโ€™t see the point in a splashy basket of fruits adorning the package, only to discover that โ€˜clean, sheet mask scentโ€™ insideโ€ฆ 

@eshoe truth!!! ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ™Œ

@itsfi I would do the same ๐Ÿ˜

@lmaster, if only there was a way to smell a mask before purchasing it! 

A worthy endeavor, @lmaster @itsfi ๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ’—

Oh awesome! @itsfi thank you for the info!!

@lmaster @Yum! Banana runt scent is the best! I hate when they put so much alcohol in though!

@Kim888 I know!! Such a disappointment!! But at least I got that wonderful banana scent ๐Ÿ˜†

@lmaster I would try just for the banana runt smell ๐ŸŒ. One of my favourite scents!

That's exactly my thoughts ๐Ÿ˜† @Mellmars1185 

Not on theme for the week because I'm not typically a mask person but I did try the Malin + Goetz Detox Face Mask tonight (got it as a Christmas present from a co-worker).

It's a foaming mask and I've definitely never tried those before, it was definitely interesting. 

BTW, I need to get better about masking because I know all the benefits of it, I just haven't made the time for it before but 2022 will be my masking year...maybe LOL. This thread issuer helpful as I'm reading through past comments and getting recs from yโ€™all

4BB734EA-F68D-4432-8E25-327EC7628751.jpeg

DF4639DF-D9AF-477A-82E0-69BAA691E0C2.jpeg

โ€ƒ

โ€ƒ

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
My thoughts on it : There's no discernible scent and the texture of it is sort of like shaving cream. The instructions said to slather on a thick layer of it, so I did and oh my! The foaming started happening pretty much right away and caught me by surprise because I literally didn't look up anything about this before putting it on my face. 

I tried to leave it on for the full 5 minutes the instructions said, but by minute 3 or 4 I started feeling a little tingly sensation so I washed it off. After washing it off my skin did feel pretty smooth but not 10 minutes after, I noticed a lot of flakiness near my jawline. I'm definitely on the dry side right now (aren't most of us during winter?) but I don't think I've had noticeable flakes before...so I'm not sure if this means the mask worked and it's getting rid of my dead skin or if I had a reaction to it? 

Has anyone else tried this mask and what was your experience? I think I'll wait a couple days to see how my skin is before attempting this mask again.

@AznAngelLiz  I've never had flakiness after a bubble mask, but I have had some redness and a lot dryness. I'd be interested to know if the mask was to blame for the flakiness. I don't mind bubble masks, but I agree with @itsfi that the wash off ones are better than the sheet mask ones ๐Ÿ˜‰

@AznAngelLiz, that's very nice of your coworker to gift you a mask! Wwhen it comes to bubbling / foaming masks, I prefer the wash off kind over the sheet mask versions; if they have a tint to them, even better! I've experiencing some tickling from a bubbling mask but not tingling. Very smart to hold off for a few days before using the mask again - you don't want to irritate your skin further. How is your skin doing?

btw, as I see it, you are perfectly on point with the theme for the week - you're masking after all, right?! Besides, it looks like the new format has any of the letters A through E for this month and this foaming mask checks off a lot of those letters - A for antioxidant (from the green tea and vitamin E), you have your C & E with those vitamins as well, and a D for detox and B for bubbling. Woah, you hit all the letters of the month with this one AznAngelLiz! ๐Ÿ˜

@AznAngelLiz I love bubble masks!! They really help your skin feel so clean

21,373 Replies
testing