Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Yaaaaaaay!! That gives me something to look forward to ๐Ÿ˜Š @itsfi 

@itsfi I really like those waffle masks but like you said I got to use them when my skin is extra thirsty (oily skin here๐Ÿ˜) excellent job on the pictures as usual. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคค

Well hello there, waffle mask enabler @sonnydee!! ๐Ÿ˜Š  And, thank you for that. Your enabling abilities are always great. These are definitely best suited when skin is dry or dehydrated or parched from the weather or a long day in the sum. I like that there's a lot of the gel serum now, but come summertime when I'm more combo/combo leaning oily, these waffle masks will be too much. Ahhh, thanks; I only took snaps of the good ones - trust me, some were definitely not ready for their close up. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi  

You're enabling more sheet mask purchases and waffle brunches. ๐Ÿ˜‚ My husband has proposed that we do monthly waffle brunches and waffle sheet masks. My daughter is all on board (with the waffles) and she's already let us know the order - no surprise that ice cream is first. 

Do you use a mix for the gf waffles or make your own?

@missy94612, hahaha! Love it! ๐Ÿ’“ That's awesome that your daughter has put together an order for the waffles and sheet mask flavors. Of course, ice cream is first! The question though is, what flavor ice cream will your daughter want? ๐Ÿ˜† I followed the recipe for "Easy Gluten Free Oat Waffles" from Cookie + Kate for these waffles.

@itsfi

My daughter is over the moon that you've asked about her choice of ice cream and was putting a list, a rather long one, together. Her first choice is rocky road (for now at least), followed by chocolate and then cookies and cream and then chocolate again. 

@missy94612, sheโ€™s got good taste! ๐Ÿ˜ All excellent choices! ๐Ÿจ 

So cute and lovely! And your waffles look amazing too! @itsfi 

Thank you @sister13! The packaging is really cute; love that they perform well too. Gel serums can be too thick for some, but I just love โ€˜em in the cooler months. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Mmmm the waffles look delicious, @itsfi! Gluten-free always seem to taste sweeter (and crispier!) to me. It was fun to read your mask rankings, too. And masking twice a day in the winter sounds like a great way to keep flaky skin at bay ๐Ÿ˜‰  

@eshoe, upping the hydrating products has been helpful for me this winter, and the weekends lend themselves to more masking time. 

Interesting about how gluten free taste sweeter to you. I havenโ€™t noticed gf foods tasting sweeter; I notice more of a difference in texture. 

With almond flour, @itsfi, it seems like it brings out the sweetness. I made GF/DF berry muffins this week with coconut flour and they were incredibly crumbly. They completely apart while trying to eat them, made for a very messy breakfast. Next time, back to almond flour๐Ÿ˜

@eshoe, I don't think I have used coconut flour before but will make a note about it being crumbly. ๐Ÿ—’ I used oat flour (certified gluten free one) for these. 

@itsfi oooooh why didnโ€™t I think of that! Oats in a coffee grinder when in a pinch, noted.

@itsfi They look super eye-catching, where did you find these? I'd love to try the blueberry and the honey ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline, I found a variety set of these waffle masks last year at Marshalls of all places. ๐Ÿฅฐ Iโ€™ve seen the set at Amazon and you can pick one up as well as the individual flavors direct from Kocostar.

If you try one or more of these, do let us know how they work out. 

@itsfi I do see them on Amazon! ๐Ÿ™‚ I think I will pick up a set, going to throw them in my wish list now. My skin is currently doing some insanely weird things after a horrible reaction from Herbivore Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Smoothing Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL (literally almost a MONTH ago) so I've been avoiding trying new skin-care as much as I usually do especially recently because I don't think I can properly assess what I'm trying with whats happening on my face... which, really stinks. I have so many things I bought even from December hauls that I've been dying to try out, right now I'm feeding my fix by dipping into more eye products and trying those out since I think I can still fairly assess those products despite what is happening to my skin right now. I really want to try these ASAP ๐Ÿ˜ž -sigh- fingers crossed.

@itsfi Such a great review of those super cute masks! ๐Ÿ™‚ And oh my, that brunch looks lovely!

Thank you @QueenMarceline! Kocostar does do a good job with their packaging; very eye catching. I usually do a chart for mask comparisons but to me the only things that separated these masks were the featured ingredient and the scent. Itโ€™s a little odd and maybe that was just my findings but at the same time makes it easy to pick which mask(s) to repurchase. ๐Ÿ› 

Food, drink, masks - the essentials of life. ๐Ÿฅฐ

@itsfi  Waffles you say.... guess what I'm gonna need to make for lunch now.  I can guarantee mine won't be as pretty.. but I swear you influence my menu as much as my masking lol!  I have to say that given the similar effects of the masks.... Blueberry scent would totally put it over the top for me too.  Great idea getting some extra masking in on the weekends!

@itsfi Okay... so mine weren't quite the same as yours... I have no fruit left in the house and they're from a keto mix lol... but still inspiring!

IMG_1850.jpg

21,367 Replies
testing