Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Shosh85 Thanks for the tip! I am going to do a sheet mask this weekend and I will report my experience with it. I was honestly discouraged from using them because of that issue so lately I have been using wash off masks. I am going to use these tips when I try it !

@Shosh85, the  INCI list on this one looks wonderful, both its brevity and that water is not the first ingredient listed. Birch juice (aka betula juice - ooh, another alphabet theme, B) is a great hydrator - love that it makes up almost half of the ingredients! โ™ฅ๏ธ

@itsfi  Yup, those are the two reasons I talked myself into picking this one up! A mask that doesn't have water listed as the first ingredient is pretty unique ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I guess A is for Acne??

Like many other comments I'm seeing, I've been in the process of getting rid of old masks that I don't use anymore. One that I did happen to keep, and am forcing myself to keep using, is the Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Acne Treatment Mask! It doesn't really fit the A-E bill, but it's all I've got right now! I don't particularly need help fighting acne, but there's something so purifying about following up a long, hot bath with a sulfur mask. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Now, let's see how long I can go without ordering some of the masks that you've all been posting! I'm keeping my eyes peeled for some hydrating and redness-reducing wonders. โญโญโญ

@Yeahsureok I've not tried that one yet! 

@Yeahsureok this has probably been mentioned somewhere in the comments, but โ€œAโ€ for Acne in Therapeutic Sulfur Acne Treatment certainty fits the bill. And also, Archiving your Masks๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe So true! But I hesitated because I'm not exactly using it for acne, so I felt like I was cheating the theme haha. I'm a sucker for theme activities, so I always try to hit the mark!

I think you definitely got it with this one, @Yeahsureok! And even if something isnโ€™t necessarily โ€˜on theme,โ€™ we can always find a way to work it in๐Ÿ˜‰

@Yeahsureok  I haven't tried this one yet, but I've heard good things! Glad you've enjoyed it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 It's definitely a solid clay mask. I had actually purchased it a while back because it was recommended to deal with Malassezia, and I was trying a FA-safe skincare routine to see if it helped my overall complexion at all. Unfortunately, I just have a difficult face--but I don't regret the PTR Sulfur Mask purchase!

Theme is just a suggestion @Yeahsureok !  I'm always off theme these days.... because I'm totally one of the ones trying to use up older masks lol.  Plus when all else fails... You're using a mask from your Collection, and Any mask can become a theme if you really want it to!

I LOVE me some hydrating and moisturizing masks!  Do you prefer sheet masks or wash offs?

@missjeanie Hahaha but it's at least fun to try and connect to the theme! ๐Ÿ˜‹ I don't think I'm more partial to one (sheet mask or wash off) over the other, so I'd gladly hear any recommendations that you have!

@Yeahsureok For sheet masks I really love both the Cicapair and Ceramidin from Dr. Jart.  Those and the random snail masks I keep finding seem to be the current stand outs for me.  As far as wash offs go... I tend to love some exfoliating wash offs that allow my other skincare to better penetrate.  The Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme and Summer Fridays Overtime are favourites there... though they both smell like pumpkin pie so maybe thats why I like them? lol I also love the Pharmacy Honey Potion, the hydration in combination with the genle warming is soooo nice. The Youth to the People Superberry is lovely for a sleeping mask too.... Okay .. Now that I'm all pumped about some of these masks Im going to need to go put one on!

Sounds like that one is working out nicely for you, @Yeahsureok. That's one PTR mask that I haven't tried, but I'm fan of their masks in general. 

@quspork Opposite for me--this is the only PTR mask I've tried so far! (With the exception of the eye gels--those last forever!) What are your thoughts on the Pumpkin Enzyme Mask? This is the one that has most caught my attention.

@Yeahsureok Oh the pumpkin is one of my favorites! It smells amazing and makes my skin bright and smooth. I always have some on hand, but don't use it as often I probably should. I highly recommend trying that one out!

@Yeahsureok, I've wondered about the PTR sulphur mask. Itโ€™s one of the PTR masks that I wish would be available in a mini size or included in their travel sets.

For hydrating and redness reducing masks, I really like LANEIGE Cica Sleeping Mask and Dr. Jart+ Cicapairโ„ข Tiger Grass Sleepair Intensive Mask 3.38 oz/ 100 mL.  Ooops, just remembered you said you were trying to avoid picking up more masks. I said nothing yeahsureok; nothing!!!

@itsfi And my wallet didn't hear anything, either! It'll be a surprise to both of us when the Laneige Cica Mask shows up at my doorstep. ๐Ÿ˜‹

Also, it's so weird but the Dr. Jart mask doesn't list redness anywhere in the product page as a targeted concern. I've used other Cicapair products before--but isn't redness one of the main focuses of that line??

Hahaha @Yeahsureok! It'll be a complete surprise, but it will be so great of you to keep the mask and give it a good home! ๐Ÿ˜€ 

Great catch! Yes, the Cicapair line in the brand's words, "calms redness & soothes irritation for sensitive skin." I wonder why that isn't listed on the product page (on Sephora or the Dr. Jart site) for Dr. Jart+ Cicapairโ„ข Tiger Grass Sleepair Intensive Mask 3.38 oz/ 100 mL? That is very weird, especially because I do think it helps with redness. 

@Yeahsureok the LANEIGE Cica Sleeping Mask is one of my favorites!! Used it last night actually 

@itsfi Is that Dr. Jart the same as the one I have in little individual packs?  Hmmmmm....

21,372 Replies
testing