Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

***2022 Mask of the Week Challenge***

Open for input and suggestionsπŸ‘‡πŸΌ

Spoiler

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: πŸ‘» Spook-tacular Masks! Bats, ghosts, and all other scary skin treatsπŸ¦‡

Letter of the Week:  R

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

Oooh, I saw the blueberry one 🫐 late last night @Shosh85  and thought β€œI have not seen you before...” πŸ˜†πŸ˜ 23? They’re inching that much closer to a full month. 5 more and we’re good for February in a non-leap year. 😝 You can do it, EH! 

@itsfi  I really want to try that blueberry one! I wasn't interested in trying the calendula or camellia ones, but the "Jelly Oil Essence" has got me curious. πŸ€”

Do it for science @Shosh85! πŸ§ͺ🧫 🧬 

Hmmm, might this be your favorite from this line, @itsfi? I agree with you - every single one I’ve tried has been an easy slam dunk hit! So easy to wear, good fit, good ingredients...what more to ask?πŸ‘πŸΌ And now I am suddenly hungry for olives πŸ«’ πŸ˜‰

@eshoe, the sheet masks in this line have one of 3 different types of essences. The ones I like the most from the line are, like @Shosh85, the ones with the milky serum, which I think EH refers to as an emulsion type essence - this olive one, and the snail, ceramide, collagen and honey varietals, though I think the honey one may be the thinnest among that group. 

Making note and in the new year will look forward to these and plan accordingly, @itsfi πŸ‘πŸΌβ˜ΊοΈ

Mask 1.jpgMask 2.jpgMask 3.jpg

My mask from last Monday. I know I put it on the loves section of my empties. But I can't remember anything about it. I included the cute little doggy bar code because it is cute lol. 

@Samtian awww I've not noticed that bone bar code before!

@lmaster It's super cute! I'm glad I noticed it.

@Samtian  I love the illustrations on this line of masks, including that cute barcode! Glad to hear it was a love for you! πŸ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 Thank  you! I'll have to keep an eye out for more!

I just love the aesthetic on this package, @Samtian. I have to say you are a trooper for testing all of these outπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

@eshoe I love it too! Thank you!

I love that cute little doggy bar code @Samtian! 😍 It adds a nice touch! πŸ˜‰ 

@itsfi Agreed!

From last week, Z is for Zone

Z - zone.jpg

Spoiler
The tea-tree scented eucalyptus fiber I Dew Care In The Zone Pore Tightening Tea Tree Mask has some lofty goals - it claims to tighten pores, smooths skin, calm irritations, controls sebum and reduces redness, all of which sound good, but I wasn't sure if it would live up to all of its claims.  Adherence and fit were what I've come to expect of sheet masks, with adherence being good and fit requiring some adjustments to account for the extra length at the chin/jawline and the narrowness of the eyes and mouth holes. The tea tree scent doesn't linger and after my standard half hour of wear, there's some excess essence that remains after removing the mask. It is quickly absorbed into the skin as the excess is pressed into the face, leaving zero tack or stickiness. Results-wise, it surprisingly lived up to many of its claims, in that my skin felt smooth and some redness I have from some PIH (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation) seems less so. The pores on my nose seemed less visible, too, which is a plus. My skin wasn't particularly oily anywhere the day I used this mask so I can't really speak to its claims of controlling sebum. Overall, this is a good mask and one that might work better for me in the warmer months. The results were good; it's just that I tend to use (and prefer to use) a wash off mask to tackle the skin issues for which this mask is geared. That being said, this is a mask I would happily use again, but it's not one I'd rush to repurchase when I'm running low on inventory.

@itsfi  The names of these masks are super fun! I've only tried one mask from this line and wasn't too impressed, but this one sounds nice. πŸ˜ƒ

The names on these masks are great @Shosh85. The masks aren’t bad, but they’re not standouts if you’ve used a bunch of masks before. Good filler masks. 

Well from your description, @itsfi, it sounds good enough to try once spring/summer hits. Because I’m not too certain when β€˜running low on inventory’ will hitπŸ€”

@eshoe, β€œrunning low” is probably all relative, depending how small (or not small πŸ˜†) one wants to keep their supply of sheet masks. It’ll happen, just gotta keep chipping away at it...and not restock. 

@itsfi I like this line, I'm not sure I've tried this one though

13,063 Replies