Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Mask with a Partner! @Alphaboo gives us this weekโ€™s fun challenge: Letโ€™s make an excuse to mask togetherโ˜บ๏ธ

Letter of the Week:  T

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@Shosh85, Farmskin sheet masks really perform well consistently, donโ€™t they?  Some are better than others, naturally, but all work nicely. At least all the ones Iโ€™ve tried. I also like that they have some star ingredients that you donโ€™t typically see in sheet masks. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@itsfi  I only have one more to try, but so far I have really enjoyed this line and have already bought some backups! The ones with the milky serums have been my most favorite! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Milky serum. My face lights up at the sound of those words @Shosh85!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Such a gift for dry or dehydrated skin! โ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธ

@Shosh85  Too bad it didnโ€™t blow you away however if it did you may have too many loves!!! 

@ather  Haha! Yup, I definitely have a super long loves list!

Oh darn @Shosh85. I think I have this one from unicorn mail (maybe you?) and I'll set my expectations to be good not great. The line did create pretty high standards.

@ShortErica  All these mask really are great! You are exactly right - the line did create some high standards, so the carrot one isn't bad at all, I think the others just set my expectations higher. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I share your sentiments on this one, @Shosh85. I kind of expected a carrot scent and found it fine, but not outstanding. Still, the fit on these masks are decent! 

@eshoe  Yup, definitely not a bad mask - just not as good as some of the others from the line. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85 sorry it didn't wow you!! These are pretty nice masks in general, I have a few left to use, not sure if I have I've of this version

@lmaster  Yeah, it was ok, just not as good as the others I've tried from this line! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Masks that make you hungry...

IMG_20201005_211233729.jpg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
This was a light pink sheet with tons of extra clear bubbly serum in the package, I love how it had snips in most of the areas I would need to do myself, so that's a major plus for me! It's long at the chin area and did bunch in areas around the mouth, however it adhered very nicely to my under eyes and around my nose. The scent was great and fruity, watermelon did stand out more than anything. Wear time was 20 minutes, after removing,, my skin felt hydrated and moisturized and looked more vibrant and nourished,, very pleasantly surprised with this one!! I would love to add more to the family at some point, I didn't experience any tackiness or pilingIMG_20201005_211244102.jpg

โ€ƒ

Oh it sounds nice @lmaster. Is the material more similar to the Holika Holika aloe one or the Holika Holika essence line or something else?

Haha!! Not sure @ShortErica it was thin and pink with cuts in it,,, wish I could remember the other versions

Just another reason to try them again @lmaster ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yum that sounds like a great mask @lmaster 

@Kim888 it's going to give other watermelon masks good competition

@lmaster, you nailed the theme! I'm craving watermelon looking at this sheet mask! Even better that it performed so well and smelled like watermelon. ๐Ÿ‰

@itsfi yes yes yes!!! It was a delicious mask ๐Ÿ‰ 

Wow @lmaster watermelon ๐Ÿ‰ extract is the first ingredient!!! Very impressive, now I want to go try this one:)

@eshoe I was impressed too!! I definitely want more, but after I get through more of the lookatme watermelon masks 

9,729 Replies
Photos1,712
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg