Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@QueenMarceline this time of year, I'm so happy to use a cream mask!! 

for Redken Color Magnetics Mega Mask

This is a mask that I repurchased after getting a treatment with it at the salon. I am no longer colouring my hair but this was a sample at the salon turned to purchase.

20220109_125533.jpg

โ€ƒ

@Mellmars1185 I swear stylists just know what we'll love.  I've been drawn in to so many purchases at the salon as well.  I haven't tried it, but I'm told the Redkin lines are favourites for many. 

I love seeing the products the stylists use @Mellmars1185 

@Mellmars1185, does this mask have a fragrance? I find that the scent of the products that my hair stylist uses is the first thing that draws me in. ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi It does have a fragrance. It is very subtle though. I know what you mean about fragrances that draw you in. Yesterday I got my hair cut and the shampoo/conditioner amd styling cream they used had such a nice scent. I actually ran out of heat protecting spray so I purchased the Redken Iron Shape 11. That spray had a really nice scent

Spoiler
Screenshot_20220123-073600_Chrome.jpg

โ€ƒ

@Mellmars1185  Glad this has worked well for you! I've heard good things about the brand in general ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Mellmars1185 Glad you liked this enough to purchase it ๐Ÿ™‚

A is for A'pieu and B is for Banana 

085DC7AB-AA39-4480-9F1B-09342593A8D5.jpeg

Spoiler

A'pieu Banana & Honey Sheet Mask

Material: Medium thickness cotton (leaned more thin than thick)

Serum: Sorta like a thin gel

Scent: Sweet imitation banana scent - like banana runts

Fit: A little too long at the chin. Great adherence.

Wear Time: 25 minutes

Tack: None

Results: My skin felt soft and smooth, a little bouncy, comfortably hydrated and lightly moisturized

Repurchase? I've repurchased this one several time already, but I'll definitely continue to do so! Not much there is to complain about with one. It's one of my favorites!

0FDB21E7-BA52-4ABE-8554-34623146568D.jpeg

This one is so good, @Shosh85

6F2DD927-912E-4BF4-A773-0FFEDD015DF9.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@eshoe  It really is! This picture is making me want to go out right now and buy a bag ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜…

@Shosh85  

Did you say banana runts? I'm in!! โค๏ธ๐ŸŒ

@nuinui933  I know, right?.... Banana runts? - say no more! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Yes, an oldie but goodie, @Shosh85! I love the scent of this one. 

@quspork  The scent is fantastic, isn't it? ๐Ÿ˜‹Definitely an oldie but goodie!

Oh absolutely!! @Shosh85 I used the SEPHORA COLLECTION Instant Masks Banana Cream as an overnight mask last night

@lmaster  Yes! That's a fun one! Definitely need to try it as an overnight mask! ๐Ÿ™Œ

I think I'm more drawn to banana scents more than any other @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜‚

@lmaster, I just pulled that SC banana mask into my group of masks to rotate through - that's a great idea to use it as a sleeping mask.

It's sooooo good as a sleeping mask!! @itsfi 

Ahhh yes!!! This is one mask I go bananas for @Shosh85๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ It smells so good! Does A'Pieu still make this mask?

21,367 Replies
testing