Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Mellmars1185  I agree scents are such a turn off for me. 

It's the shame the scent is such a turn off on this one, @Mellmars1185

@Mellmars1185  It's been awhile since I tried it, but I remember feeling the same way about the scent. Sorry this one's a bummer!

@Mellmars1185, scent can definitely be one of those things that make a making experience more enjoyable or make you never want to reach for that mask again. Lancรดme skincare tends to be very heavily perfumed. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ Good thing this was just a sample size. 

@Mellmars1185 I find that most things from Lancome are too perfume-y for me. I'm with ya on this one. Glad you are at the least enjoying the effects of this mask ๐Ÿ™‚

@Mellmars1185 Scent can be suuuuuuch a deal breaker!

This Week: Hydrating Heroes  Letters of the Month:  A - E

Sephora Collection Lotus Moisturizing & Soothing Eye Mask

unnamed.jpeg

My Thoughts:

Spoiler
I found this eye mask at the bottom of my Sephora Collection mask stash, I'm not sure how old it is but I know Sephora does not make the SEPHORA COLLECTION Eye Mask anymore (at least I cannot seem to find it) and that I got this in a previous SC masking set with a bunch of others. My first reaction was that it was medium/heavily saturated in serum and also I took note to how oddly shaped these were in comparison to other masks. I'm not sure if this is something I just don't recall about SC eye masks but this is shaped like very sharp Nike swoosh. I honestly had a bit of trouble adjusting this to my under eye area because of how sharp the angle of these is, in the process I accidentally got a bit of serum in my eye. Oy vey ๐Ÿ˜‚Once I got these adjusted I noticed there was a lack of notable scent, almost like a light artificial cantaloupe-y scent if I had to describe it. Wear time was 15 minutes but in my regular fashion I kept these on for about 25 minutes. During wearing this, I did have a slight tingling sensation for only the slightest moment around the 10 minute mark. After that, the only sensation I felt was the wet serum against my skin. After taking these off, I noticed that it left behind a slight tack under my eyes. Overall, I felt a bit of added hydration afterwards and a half hour later I can still feel the slight tack. I think that these are decent eye masks, but they are certainly not worth $4/pair. They do not do anything revolutionary and I have eye gels/masks that work some wonder just around or even underneath that price point. These provide a slight level of hydration but I definitely don't feel like there is any difference in the way my under eye looks. This is a nice filler eye mask, I would definitely try these again if they came on hand but there's so much better products out there.

The scent actually sounds really nice!! @QueenMarceline 

@lmaster It was quite pleasant, probably my favorite part about this mask ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline  Hmm good it wasnโ€™t terrible but Iโ€™m sure thereโ€™s way better ones out there!!

@ather Most definitely. There's probably a reason I only own 1-2 Sephora eye masks in my stash.

@QueenMarceline, I forgot SC had a lotus variety in their mask line until I saw your post. I find the eye masks to be okay, more handy for travel than anything (and as you said, are best when picked up during a sale). That's so funny it had a cantaloupe scent. I can't say I've actually smelled a lotus flower, so I can't say for a fact that lotus flowers don't smell like cantaloupe ๐Ÿ˜†, but it's not what I would expect. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi Haha, it's honestly not what I expected at all. I think that's the best way I could describe the scent, I've also never smelled a lotus flower so it is quite possible that maybe they do smell a bit of cantaloupes? ๐Ÿ˜‚

Hahaha! @QueenMarceline, I have this feeling that if I come across a lotus flower, I will definitely stop to smell it - just to see if it bears any resemblance or contains any hints of cantaloupe! ๐Ÿˆ ๐Ÿ˜†  Iโ€™m so intrigued now with what it smells like! 

@itsfi I'm googling it now! LOL! 

This is the info I could find (and there was little of it tbh): 

1) Rich, honeyed, dense floral aroma that is earthy and creamy sweet, with a spicy green top note, ripe fruit and coumarin-like undertones, and a tenacious, slightly spicy, deep earthy richness in the drydown.

2) Overall, lotus fragrance is generally described as "pleasant," "heady," "fruity," or "sweet."

3) Blue, pink and white varieties have a delicate perfume, which is soft, sweet and fruity, with a hint of anise. Its floral aspect is a quiet aquatic floral, majestic and regal, rather than lush sensual floral like ylang ylang or jasmine.

@QueenMarceline  I've tried a few of these and haven't really been to impressed with any of them. Sorry to hear these were underwhelming for you too. 

@Shosh85 Yeah, they are very "meh". But not the worst either. LOL!

@QueenMarceline These are the reviews I love... Not worth the 4$.  Noted, and Thank You!

@missjeanie You're very welcome ๐Ÿ™‚ There's amazing eye gels/masks for $2-4 a pair. Can't justify these when you look at it this way.

@QueenMarceline Thanks for sharing! It is good you are reaching for some older products! The scent sounds appealing! I have never tried the Sephora eye masks

@Mellmars1185 My Sephora Collection stash is kind of overwhelming. I used to buy multiples of their mask sets during VIB/holiday sales. ๐Ÿ˜Plus my friend works there and she would always gift me like 10-15 masks anytime I'd see her, which is super sweet but I feel like I'm drowning in my SC masks. I'll be pulling a few of these out this week ๐Ÿ™‚

21,372 Replies
testing