Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

This Week: Hydrating Heroes 

Letters of the Month:  A - E

Sephora Collection Avocado Face Mask 

This is yet another mask in my collection that Sephora no longer makes, I'm trying to run through some face masks and through this one would be a good one for my current needs.

IMG-2827.jpg

My Thoughts:

Spoiler
I've been having some very strange skin issues popping up directly after using the Herbivore Mini Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Smoothing Serum 0.34 oz/ 10 mL I'm talking full blown painful, stubborn break-out all over that continued to come and go. I managed to make the issue subside but never fully go away and now my skin is peeling, like crazy. I'm not sure if I can totally blame the herbivore product but that was the only change I made and I had a reaction within 6-8 hours of using it once. I assume the insane cold fronts are playing a role into my skin peeling as well as some of the acne-fighting products I've been using to fight the initial breakout(s) I've recently been getting after using Herbivore Bakuchiol, but long story short... I really needed to focus on hydration vs. acne fighting for a change (almost a bit... refreshing?). 

First things first, this sheet mask was heavily soaked in serum and I used the rest of the satchel on my dรฉcolletรฉ which ended up being quite a bit of serum. After unwrapping the mask I instantly noticed that the mouth and eye area of the sheet mask looked tiny to me. After applying the mask to my face the eye holes were way too small and the serum was covering my top lip, eyebrow as well as creeping into my under eye area from the other side. I've truly never seen a mask with such tiny little eye holes, maybe my eyes are huge? But, I've never had this issue with any other mask. Furthermore, the cut-out for the mouth was tiny to the point where it was almost "squeezing" parts of my lips on the corners of the opening when I tried to adjust the fit... I ended up ripping the mouth hole and eye holes out of necessity in order to be able to properly wear this mask (and maybe be able to get a straw in my mouth, lol!) I'm not positive about the wear time but I'm sure its on par with other SC masks but I wore it for about 25 minutes. I did not pick up much of any distinct scent but I would describe this mask by saying it smells very similar (if not nearly identical) to the SC discontinued Green Tea sheet mask, if anyone has tried that. I also thought it smelled slightly herbal-like, "green" with a twinge of fruitiness but overall a very nice, light pleasant scent that I enjoyed wearing on my face. While wearing the mask ~10 minutes in I did feel an odd "tingling" sensation which is really only odd because this is a soothing mask but the feeling lasted only about 1-2 minutes overall and admittedly, my skin has ben extremely sensitive as of late so I'm more likely to believe this was just a "me thing" in relation to the situation with my skin. Post taking it off it did have quite a bit of tack on the skin after that lasted for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour after, which I actually did not mind at all. Afterwards, my skin did feel lightly nourished and a decent boost of hydration but nothing that I would rave about up and down the block. I think this is the definition of a "filler mask" for me.

@QueenMarceline sorry this mask wasn't the best

@lmaster Wasn't the worst either ๐Ÿ˜‰ haha, I'm trying to look at the bright side. I still have a couple of these and would use again.

@QueenMarceline I get super dry skin like that sometimes with the weather too.  There are times when I swear my skin is so dry that anything I put on it tingles a bit.  Glad to hear it's feeling a bit better now! And that you get to explore another masking category!

@missjeanie That's the weird thing, I'm usually dry in the winter but very rarely (if ever) have I had peeling problems and definitely nowhere near as severe as this. I had like a month and a half (and am still fighting with) a bout of very intense and painful acne... which is so odd for this time of year for my skin. Following by just intense peeling... I have a derm appointment but I genuinely have no clue what is even going on. I've never experienced anything like it.

@QueenMarceline  I can't remember if I've tried this one, but most of the SC masks are in the filler category for me. Glad it turned out decent. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@Shosh85 I definitely agree with that sentiment. 

@QueenMarceline, it sounds like the results from SC avocado mask were in line with its claims but that tingling doesn't sound great. Good to hear it didn't last too long though and hopefully it didn't irritate your skin.

@itsfi It might just be because of the state of my skin, I've tried this mask before and never have had that sensation before so I'm guessing it's correlated.

@QueenMarceline Nice that you are getting to use up your Sephora masks!!

@Mellmars1185 Me too, maybe I'll do another one tonight since my skin is still peeling, lol! ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‚

@QueenMarceline Sounds like your skin might be thirsty? What about a serum that doesnt irritate your skin and a nice thick non comedogenic moisturizer to create a nice barrier from this cold winter air?

@Mellmars1185 I've been using Drunk Elephant Lala Retroโ„ข Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL and it's been a god send. I was not using it before because of the acne and I usually steer away from it when I feel any oiliness since it's so heavy but it's been immensely helping. ๐Ÿ™‚ I have a hyaluronic serum I need to open/start using that I recently got in a haul. I might incorporate that in with my masking tonight, thanks for the reminder I almost forgot I had that haha!

@QueenMarceline Totally random... but since you mentioned the DE Lala... I've used the Drunk Elephant Lippe Balm 0.13 oz/ 3.8 g as a skin barrier cream.  It shows as an eye cream/lip balm combo, but when I was out in the mountains I discovered that it makes a great little pocket balm that you can easily put on your face if you're out in the cold cold.

@missjeanie Oh wow, that's awesome. I actually have never heard of it used like that and I was never interested in the product as a lip balm but it sounds super interesting to use as a pocket face balm (or even hand/elbow balm?) this would be so perfect to throw in a travel bag or purse.

@QueenMarceline I randomly tried it once when my eyelids were super dry.  Ever since I'm a fan of keeping it with me if I'm outside much with the wind and cold.  I've used it out on the boat before, but it's really best for me in the dead of winter.

@missjeanie Thank you, that's such a unique tip. Now that I think of it I may have one of these laying around from an old DE gift set.

My bologna mask arrived! I'm going to wait for one of you to try and review the mask before I open mine because I'm slightly terrified of this.

B64BEB1C-076D-43F4-9E24-AD78987B12E6.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Anyway, for the week's hydration theme, I'm going with the lovely and hydrating Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask Red Camellia  which has a pretty tint to it.

@txcatx You do know that you're required to actually take a pic of yourself wearing this, right? ๐Ÿ˜‰

@txcatx I'm very excited to see you review this! ๐Ÿ™‚

@txcatx  Just tried this one! Hydrogel isn't my favorite mask material, but the results turned out better than I expected. I think the scent was what I most curious about ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'll be interested to hear what you think of it! It's definitely an entertaining one!

21,373 Replies
testing