Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Etude House makes a really nice mask, @Samtian!

@quspork, this line of masks from Etude House are all solid performers. ๐Ÿ‘ I've universally loved the masks with the masks with  emulsion, creamy oil and jelly essences, the last two categories of which appear to have been discontinued (which is frustrating but par for the course it seems), but all the masks in this line are great. Charts are an amazing way to see and show the differences in masks; love 'em.

Yes, this line has been solid through a reformulation or two which is great considering how many others don't fare as well over time, @itsfi

@quspork Holy guacamole what a lovely breakdown of all of these, I've never tried this brand but oh boy do I want to now. Thank you once again, this is super helpful to deciding what I want to try out. I really want to try the Artemisia, White Flowers and Snail (I love a thicker mask) ๐Ÿ™‚

This line has rarely disappointed over the years, @QueenMarceline so I'd definitely recommend giving it a try when you get the chance! 

Oh my gosh @quspork #goals on the spreadsheet usage!  I love that you did such a thorough review of so many from the line.  I really enjoyed reading through your record and think I may need to try a few from the line!

I highly recommend the line as a whole, @missjeanie and would love to hear your experience if you do end up picking one or two (or four or eight haha) up. 

good 

From last week, one last set of masks with numbers in the name, the same number, in fact, with an E for eight (8) and an Egads! That's expensive! ๐Ÿ˜† 

E - eight + 8.jpg

Spoiler
The cooling sensation from the fresh, crisp, clean, watery-scented liquid essence infused in the 2-piece hydrogel sheet of the Nยฐ8 Verso Deep Hydration Mask creates a refreshingly calming effect that sets a masking session on the right course. The all over tacky-to-the-touch feel that remains after 30 minutes of wear may be an inconvenience to some, but can be easily addressed by following up with the rest of your skincare routine. Results from this mask are nice and make it a good mask to use to prep the skin for makeup - skin is well hydrated and lightly moisturized, with a soft, smooth and supple feel and fresh-faced glow. At $15, it's not the priciest hydrogel out there, but it is plenty expensive. It's a nice mask to use as an occasional treat, but not a mask that's a 'must have.' 

10 minutes is all that's required for the Olaplex No. 8 Bond Intense Moisture Hair Mask 3.3 oz/ 100 mL  to work its magic and deliversofter, smoother, silkier tresses. This is my third time using this Olaplex mask and while I can say that it holds true to its claims and that I like the results, I feel like it falls in the same category as the sheet mask - a nice to have mask, but not a "must have" one, the latter of which is especially true given the number of hair masks that deliver just as good if not better results than this Olaplex hair mask at a fraction of its $28 price tag. 

Rounding out our "8"-numbered, expensive masking sesh is the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Nourishing Lip Balm Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 20, which is technically not a mask, but a balm. And a good balm at that. This balm leans on the thicker side but it's not too thick nor too emollient. There's enough slip to it to give it movement and make it easy to smooth over the lips. I like that it feels moisturizing without looking or feeling greasy and offers some sun protection to boot. Despite the $25 price tag, I could see myself repurchasing this balm when I've finished working through it as well as the other lip balms I have on hand.

Thank you @emaisgr8 for the fun theme! 

@itsfi 

Hahaha! My husband got a good laugh seeing the Magic 8 ball. He has one on a shelf in the home office and has now decided to consult it every so often when we can't decide on which mask to use. Good to know about the Olaplex mask - there's so many hair masks out there, hard to know which to get now and what can wait for a sale.

@itsfi  Love the number 8 theme! It's been a long time since I used a Magic 8 Ball! 

The results from the sheet mask sounds wonderful! It's fun to try the expensive ones every now and then ๐Ÿ™‚

@Shosh85, yeah, I have a tendency to hang on to a lot of things. ๐Ÿ˜‚ More decluttering in order. lol. I picked up a 3-mask pack of these Verso sheet masks on sale maybe a year ago, so it was a good deal. Hydrogels are not my favorites but other than its regular price, this one is pretty good. 

Thatโ€™s adorable @itsfi ! Good info on the Verso mask as well. Iโ€™ll date myself here but that EA 8 hour balm has been a skin and lip savior of mine for a million years , such an oldie but goodie! Still have that peppery taste?! ๐Ÿ’ž

@Sunnysmom, you picked up a peppery taste from the EA lip balm? I went to grab the balm from my purse just now to reapply but I didn't pick up any taste or scent. Interesting...

No @itsfi ?! Was gonna ask you if theyโ€™ve changed that or if just me?! Maybe Iโ€™m describing it incorrectly too, to no oneโ€™s surprise ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฃ

Hahaha @Sunnysmom. I was also wondering if it had been reformulated as well. I couldnโ€™t find anything online about a reformulation. Thereโ€™s actually not much info about it. ๐Ÿค” 

Maybe the lip balm doesnโ€™t have it @itsfi ? Maybe itโ€™s just the regular creme or something? Now Iโ€™m gonna have to go sniff it soon! (Man Iโ€™m having word correction errors on here -grr. Gotta check it! Lol) I did read some reviews on the creme and folks being sensitive to the smell but didnโ€™t read on the lip. Youโ€™d notice it trust! ๐Ÿ˜†

@itsfi that's a nice treat for sure!! 

@lmaster, it is, indeed! ๐Ÿ˜€

@itsfi omg a magic 8 ball! I always loved those when I was a kid!! The pricier hydrogel masks are always hard to judge! even if they are decent, it's like meh not at that price 

@Kim888, hahaha! The Magic 8 ball was a gift years ago from some former coworkers, to help with the important decisions that would need to be made. lol. For kicks, I did ask the Magic 8 ball if I should repurchase and it told me "outlook good" so there you have it. ๐Ÿ˜† Yeah, hydrogels are not my favorite sheet mask material but it seems that one of my previous hauls included purchases of more than what I would ordinarily purchase. 

21,372 Replies
testing