Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar that give your skin the perfect AM glow! Another nod to @keana1 for this week’s challengeπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Letter of the Week:  M

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

Oh that mask is so cute, @l8totheparty, too bad it caused tingling 😞

Oh I looked like a panda for sure! Lol It was a super cute mask. Alas, the tingling. @haleyvvvv @itsfi 

I had added on this Holler and Glow, "Fresh Outta Juice" (Watermelon) clay mask to a Target order without really knowing anything about it. I had never heard of this brand before, so it may be a Target brand. The name also reminded me of a band or song title, so we'll go with that. 

It's a pink clay mask. It dried down like a typical clay mask and had pretty typical clay mask effects. It was nice and refreshing, and I was surprised by how much was in the packet. I thought it was just one-time use, but there was definitely enough in there to use it twice. What I liked about it most was that it actually smelled a bit like watermelon. I thought that was cool because usually clay masks tend to smell like....clay. 

watermelon1.jpgwatermelon2.jpg

@PrettyPaint  I tried a sheet mask from this brand and was not impressed, but this sounds much better! Will have to look out for this one, because a watermelon scented clay mask sounds wonderful! Glad you enjoyed it! πŸ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  Oh I didn't even realize they had sheet masks. I'm not especially picky when it comes to clay masks, but it was nice to have a scented one. 

😌 @PrettyPaint a clay mask that smells like watermelon??? Yes please

@lmaster  Watermelon makes everything better! πŸ‰

I can see the brand name and mask name being a band name and song title @PrettyPaint! Loved that this smelled like watermelon! πŸ‰ Is this one you would repurchase?

@itsfi  I actually already repurchased because I needed to meet the free shipping minimum at target! πŸ™‚ I usually can't tell a huge, huge difference between clay masks (unless they are too drying), but I liked this one for sure. I am probably biased because of the scent, though! πŸ™‚

A watermelon πŸ‰  clay mask is so intriguing. Nice that it was good, @PrettyPaint!!

@haleyvvvv  It was a fun one! πŸ™‚

B is for Balancing

IMG_20210108_204520173.jpg

 

• This is a naturally fermented coconut gel mask that is sandwiched between two protective layers.
  • The fit was good, inner eye holes needed snipped and was just a smidge into my hair line around the forehead. I also found it easy to apply this gel mask, others I've used have not cooperated as well as this one
  • The scent did remind me of pine sol but not overpowering, think of a light lemon scent with a touch of clean/ chlorine scent mixed in.
  • Not much extra serum in the package
  • Wear time was 15 minutes, with the witch hazel, I didn't want to go too long and potentially dry out my skin
  • Results: my skin did feel more hydrated and clean and balanced. The redness around my nose had also subsided
  • This is a good gel mask, I could see myself repurchasing this one after I get through more of my stashIMG_20210108_204537653.jpg

 

A non-overpowering Pine-Sol scent @lmaster??! I'll keep that in mind. Hahaha! πŸ˜‚ It boggles my mind that brands have such a seemingly hard time coming up with a lemon scent that doesn't smell like a household cleaning product. Or, that no one thinks it's an issue when doing QC on the mask. It's just a bit odd - did someone on the QC team think "oh wow, this smells like Pine-Sol, but not in an overwhelming way. I like it. This will be good."?? πŸ˜²πŸ™„

Leaders was one of the first brands I tried when I started using sheet masks. I remember thinking this line was just okay, but I have a feeling that may be because I didn't fully appreciate sheet masks because now I find coconut gel masks to be wonderful. Making a note to pick up one from this line. πŸ˜ƒ

@itsfi I agree! I have had some masks that were extreme on the lemon cleaner scent, this one really wasn't bad, probably not everyone's cup of tea πŸ˜‰ but did enjoy it

@lmaster  Sounds like good results! I like how it reduced redness. The pine sol scent doesn't sound too appealing, though. I always enjoy how you describe smells! πŸ˜„

Hahaha!!! @PrettyPaint it really want ya bad scent, but the lemon clean you couldn't miss if you stick your nose in there πŸ˜‚

I chose the belif Aqua Bomb Sleeping Mask 2.53 oz/ 75 mL because I think aqua bomb would be a good band name (it also has a b in it). I liked the texture of the mask and it soaked in quickly, which was good seeing that it’s a sleeping mask. I didn’t see much of a change in my skin. I didn’t like that it had a lot of fragrance and essential oils, so I won’t be repurchasing. 

@Piglylet, I'd go to an Aqua Bomb concert. πŸ˜‰  I do like how quickly it absorbs into the skin; it's one I prefer more in the warmer months. Sorry to hear this one isn't a good fit for you; good news is that there are a lot of sleeping masks out there to choose from. Is there a sleeping mask that you are partial to?

@Piglylet I feel like this one is actually more suited for me as a daytime moisturizer πŸ˜†

I'm sorry it didn't work for you, @Piglylet, despite the good band name!! Good to know about the fragrance.

@Piglylet  Aqua Bomb would be a great band name! πŸ˜ƒ

Sorry it didn't work for you! The first thing I noticed, was how high the alcohol denat is, which something I personally try to avoid. 😬

12,486 Replies