Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Hahaha @missjeanie! I love these things! ๐Ÿ’– Whenever I chat with friends about skincare or sheet masks, I mention these steam eye masks about 98% of the time and I almost always give them a pair to try, which usually leads to an "oh, you were right. These are great!" So good!

@itsfi I've totally introduced them to friends since you've introduced me.  They really have impacted my life in a positive way.  I consider these a must in my stash now.

Love that @missjeanie! Spreading the wealth! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Completely agree, these are definite โ€œmust havesโ€. Early on, Iโ€™d consider these a treat but now I look at them as something essential to my collection - itโ€™s great to include in a mini pampering sesh or to use as regular part of a winding down routine. โ™ฅ๏ธ

@itsfi  Oh, the scent on the Fresh mask sounds interesting! It's making me very curious to go sniff-test it ๐Ÿ‘ƒ Good info on cornflower!

The results sound wonderful ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, the results were good on this one, but I will say that if my sniffer had picked up the scent the first time I did a smell test in the store, I don't think I would have picked up the promo gwp of the mask. It's not that it's a bad scent, it's just different and not really one I like a lot. Again, not a bad scent per se, just not great in my mind. If you do put it to the smell test, I would be interested to hear what scent you pick up, if you pick up one at all. 

@itsfi thank you for the tag and your super researching skills! That is interesting that cornflower sometimes has a pepper-y scent! Glad you liked the mask even with the scent - I used it again last night as well and agree my skin felt very supple this morning!

@Kim888, I was a little taken aback that I smelled something peppery and I couldnโ€™t let it go. Now we know cornflower has a slight peppery scent to it. ๐Ÿ˜† Do you think youโ€™d pick up a full size of this one?

@itsfi I'm not sure! I do really like it, but I still really love the LANEIGE Cica Sleeping Mask and I think if I were going to buy a full size sleep mask right now, it would probably be that! 

What about you, are you thinking of picking up the full size?

@Kim888, I probably won't pick up a full size of the Fresh overnight mask. I have a full size of the Laneige Cica and another open full size sleeping mask, as well as several deluxe samples of other sleeping masks that I really like. My next full size will probably be the Algenist GENIUS Sleeping Collagen Moisturizer 2 oz/ 60 mL and the sleeping mask from WLDKAT - and then I will be hitting pause again on overnight masks; I could just stick to being on "pause" for a while longer, but I'll probably pick up the two I mentioned when there's a sale for one or both and then go into hibernation mode as far as sleeping masks are concerned. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@itsfi I have been trying out that sleeping collagen actually. It kept popping up in the FabFitFun sales for half off so I went for it after seeing a few people talk about it. I'm not entirely sure I have noticed a  visible difference though after a few weeks.  

@Kim888, thatโ€™s too bad that the Algenist hasnโ€™t been working out for you. I used the samples for10 straight days and was able to see some differences in my skin. 

@itsfi jasmine tea?? Ohhh that sounds so lovely

@lmaster, the scent on this steam eye mask was wonderful! If I wasn't so tired and wanting to sleep when I used them, I would have made myself a cup of jasmine tea. ๐Ÿต That does sound nice and relaxing; maybe something to add to my "to do" list for later in the day. 

Some catch ups from the beginning of the month!  I've been slacking hard in February... gonna need to start pulling some two a days.  I'm officially done any mask that expired pre 2020... ya..... must learn to keep a better eye on expiry dates.  Should have a month or two worth of 2020 expired before I move on to the 2021's. 

IMG_2011.jpg

Spoiler
- My Beauty Diary -- So I had four different masks to finish up... Moisture Duo Brightening, Repair Duo Brightening, Black Pearl Brightening, and Hyaluronic Acid Ultra Moisturizing.  All of these kind of lump together in my mind as one, nothing to really differentiate them.  They all had a tensil fabric that mushed into place easily and wore for a good 30-40 minutes.  Serum was very lightly scented with a 'sheet mask scent' and was quite watery.  The mask fabric held the moisture very well.  I'd use any of these again, as my skin did look nice afterwards, a bit brighter or more awake and there was minimal tack after a quick massage of remaining serum.  I'm not sure I'd seek these out... too many new ones to try!  That said, show me a good sale and I could relocate a few to my house. 
- Hectic 7am, 10pm and 1am, my earlier review on these stand.  The 7am ad 1am are two piece with a plastic like outter that at first seems to fit oddly, but as the warmth of my skin works with it, the cream really gets to absorb well and moisturizes well.  The 10pm is the more traditional mask followed by a 'glacier water wipe'... I may or may not have tasted the serum on the 'glacier water'... it's not water ya'll.  
-Boo Bamboo Brightening- ya... I don't remember this one.  So... there's that.  I don't have a good or bad gut feeling which tells me it was meh. 

@missjeanie 

I picked up a sampler set of those My Beauty Diary masks and I think both of the ones you tried are in the set. Can't wait to give them a try.

@missjeanie  Oh my gosh, nice job getting through your stash! It always feels good to make a dent! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ

The My Beauty Diary masks are nice! I agree, they're ones I would use again but wouldn't necessarily be motivated to repurchase them

@Shosh85 Too much new out there that needs to be tested! lol

@missjeanie I'm a fan of the beauty diary masks!! 

They were a solid mask @lmaster I can see why anyone would be a fan. 

@missjeanie   Oh my gosh, I had the same issue and decided it was best to just let them go and focus on the non expired ones cause I was stressing that masks that hadnโ€™t expired yet were expiring while I was using expired ones.   Ahhhhh!  

Youโ€™ve inspired me to take a break from the cream masks and use a sheet mask tonight:) 

@heartsmyface Thats probably what I SHOULD have done... lol... I'm determined to have this part of my stash under better control by the end of the year.  I'm hoping to use 365 masks... and be on to non expired by then lol

21,372 Replies
testing