Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Oh, this sounds like a good one for adding in that hydration, plus a nice light fruit scent-- glad it worked out well for you, @lmaster!

@quspork it was fabulous!! And you have to admit the packaging is so calming and cute ๐Ÿ˜Š

@lmaster  Glad you enjoyed it - I remember liking this one too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Oh that's right!! James and the giant peach!! Even though it's a pear ๐Ÿ˜‚ @Shosh85 

@lmaster happy to hear this one nourished your skin! And also, way to go for clearing out a mask, love how that feels ๐Ÿ™‚

@eshoe my skin is so dehydrated here lately!! And I've been drinking water like crazy,, this was a bonus I needed to get back the hydration

I hear ya, @lmaster! I have been using facial oil more than ever this winter.

@lmaster Looks lovely ๐Ÿ™‚ The packaging is so adorable.

@QueenMarceline it was nice to find this beauty in my stash ๐Ÿ˜Š 

This Week: Precious Metals - Platinum, Gold, Silver, Copper & Foil

Letters of the Month:  E - I

Mask: TooCoolForSchool, Pumpkin 24K Gold Sheet Mask

IMG-3106.jpg

My Thoughts:

Spoiler
This is one of the first roll of sheet masks I tried years ago and they used to sell these at ULTA (no longer do) so I stocked up on them previously and have a couple on hand left. This mask is my favorite type of sheet mask textures, a bio-cellulose mask. This mask comes pre-packaged in a "sandwich" method between two cloth-like sheets and it's necessary to peel away BOTH cloths on each side. I can see how this can be confusing especially because the bio-cellulose material clings onto the cloth and appears as if it is the intended sheet mask. From some reviews of this mask, its clear that the user only peeled away one of the cloths so I figured it would be helpful to include in my review for those that may become interested in this mask. Currently, it's available on Amazon, Walmart and select indie/niche masking sites. I must say that in comparison to your average, run of the mill type of mask, this mask is a bit on the pricey side-I believe it retails for about $8/each mask. Upon opening it, it's noticeably saturated and comes soaked in a generous amount of serum. Unlike most masks, I don't think this is fragranced at all because I don't pick up any scent from it. As mentioned, this is a bio-cellulose texture mask that I'd say is a medium-thickness, in comparison to most bio-cellulose masks it is a little bit thicker. However, this mask is still very delicate (as per usual with bio-cellulose masks) and can be prone to ripping if not carefully handled when initially unpacking the mask. Furthermore, this material can "cling" to itself when it naturally is moved during the removal from between the two sandwich cloth-like sheets, this is the main thing I aim to avoid because if clings to itself its especially hard to separate the two layers without damaging the mask. Per the TooCoolForSchool website instructions, they recommend that "for an intensive treatment" to leave on the mask for 30-40 minutes which I would say is on par for how long I usually wear this mask. The feel of this is amazing, right off the bat it is cooling and hydrating to the face. This has a wonderful "pick-me-up" effect without being overly goopy or saturated with serum, the texture of the mask does the magic here. This also feels amazing when used a face roller over this mask, not much can compare to how great this feels on the skin. After using, my skin always feel supple and rejuvenated. Furthermore, this does not have any "tingling" effects and it's actually quite nourishing and gentle on the skin. This is definitely a mask I would feel comfortable using when I'm at my most sensitive. Although this says 24K Gold in the name, there is no visible gold flecks in this mask. However, there is gold included within the ingredients and it appears somewhere around the middle of the list, which is nice. I've included a screen shot of the ingredients list below. Overall, I think this is a great mask that I tend to use ~once or twice a month. It's quite expensive for a singular mask, but I enjoy the effects and feel enough to continue having this in my stash years later, so I think it deserves some credit ๐Ÿ™‚

Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 2.47.17 PM.png

@QueenMarceline, I think this mask is the best of the products from the brandโ€™s pumpkin 24k line.

@itsfi 100% agree ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline  It's been awhile since I've tried this one, but I remember liking too. I haven't used anything from this brand ever since they discontinued my favorite Coconut Ceramide mask. ๐Ÿ˜•

@Shosh85, ohhhh, that coconut ceramide mask was such a good one. I think it is my most favorite sheet mask of all time. Makes it that much more painful that it's been discontinued. ๐Ÿ˜ž @QueenMarceline 

@itsfi Seems like they always take away the good stuff ๐Ÿ˜• sigh

@Shosh85 It seems like this brand discontinues things quite a bit because I see them disappearing. I never tried the coconut ceramide but it sounds really nice ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline  

This one sounds nice. I saw a pack of these at TJ Maxx but passed on it. Will look for it when it's time to get more masks. 

@missy94612 Oh wow, I've never seen these at TJ Maxx. I'll have to go check if they have any at my local one ๐Ÿ™‚

Biocellulose masks are high up on my list of favorites, @QueenMarceline! Although I have not tried this one (my fear of potential pumpkin scented anything), it sounds absolutely lovely. Happy to hear you have a tried-and-true love! 

@eshoe I don't think this smells like pumpkin at all tbh, it doesn't smell like much to me at all ๐Ÿ™‚

That is music to my ears, @QueenMarceline ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

21,367 Replies
testing