Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe @SportyGirly125 they are just too perfect!! That's exactly why I'm not buying anymore sheet masks, I have to get these used before even thinking about it ๐Ÿคฃ 

I had no idea they had a rewards program, @SportyGirly125. I have only ordered from them once. 

They are so cute. I did not want to remove them!

One from last week for H--- the Dewytree Hyaluron Melting Chou

PXL_20220303_154609143.jpg

Mixed feelings about this one. The fit was ok though it could have been a little longer in the chin area. The sheet was a thicker cotton with no adherence issues and the serum was milky with no issues with tack after removal of the mask. The scent was very noticeable but pleasant- very "green" smelling with something I couldn't quite place. While wearing the mask, I felt a little bit of tingling and kept driving myself nuts not being able to place a scent I just knew that I knew, so I finally checked the ingredients (when oh when will I learn to do this before hand?!) and there it was- lime oil. That was definitely the scent- fresh greens and lime. And while lime is a very lovely scent, my skin does not always do the best with citrus oils and extracts. So that tingling? Yeah, I removed the mask to find lots of redness. It dissipated eventually and I had no real irritation afterwards, so that's good. But I wouldn't use this one again based on the inclusion of the lime. For anyone who doesn't have that particular sensitivity though, it was nicely hydrating. 

And one for this new month K, M, L (so many choices!) with the Leader's 7 Wonders Kalahari Melon Moisturizing Mask

PXL_20220303_154551793.jpg

A far better experience. I'm pretty sure I've used this one before, but haven't in a long time and I have no idea why because it was so lovely. It was a bio-cellulose sheet that was practically gel-like as for how it felt on the skin, but stayed in place well. The serum was a light gel and it didn't have much a scent, maybe the slightest hint of fruit overtop the usual fresh sheet mask scent. After removal this one left my skin so incredibly soft, smooth, even, and hydrated. Like most Leader's masks for me, this one will definitely be a repurchase. 

Love me a bio-cellulose mask @quspork .  Glad the Leaders worked out better after the lime issue with the Dewytree.  

Yes, @missjeanie the bio-cell ones are usually so comfy to have on. 

@quspork Wow that melon mask looks awesome and is definitely calling my name ๐Ÿ™‚

I think it's definitely worth a try, @QueenMarceline.

Oh no!! Sorry to hear your skin had a reaction!! @quspork that leaders mask... I don't think I've seen that one before!!

Totally my own fault with the first one, @lmaster. Shoulda checked those ingredients!

@quspork, in my early days of sheet masking, this line of Leaders masks was one of my favorite biocellulose masks. โ™ฅ๏ธ Itโ€™s still one I really enjoy - this varietal and the acai one are my favorites. 

It's hard to go wrong with too much from Leader's, @itsfi. So many solid ones in their line up. 

Very true @quspork! It's interesting to me how different AB brands keep certain sheet mask lines and not others. The more "old school" brands, like Leaders, Innisfree, My Beauty Diary, etc., seem to have kept their older lines for a while, rebranding them or changing the size of the mask and have rotated out more quickly of their lineup the more recent sheet mask collections. With Leaders, the 7 Wonders, Recovery, Renewal and Daily Wonders series are still around which I think is great, but their newer masks, like the pina colada and mojito ones or even the 17V masks, unfortunately seem to have been discontinued already. 

M is for Mango ๐Ÿฅญ

IMG_20220301_112332352.jpg

• Thin white sheet 
  • Decently flexible and fit really good
  • Lots of clear serum with extra in the pouch
  • Scent was fruity mango sweetness
  • No lasting tackiness
  • Wear time 25 minutes
  • Results were hydrated and plump skin ๐Ÿ‘
  • This one was excellent!! The scent alone makes me want and need moreIMG_20220301_112339672.jpg

โ€ƒ

The packaging just made me smell this without actually smelling it @lmaster !  Oh mango how I do love you.  I'm going to need to add this to the 'to buy' photo album just to smell it!

You would absolutely be in love with this scent!! @missjeanie 

@lmaster, I liked this one too, though when I used mine, there was a point where part of the mask felt like it was sunctioned on to my face. I mean, Iโ€™m all for a well adhering mask but โ€ฆ ๐Ÿ˜‚ I want to give it a try in the warmer months. Have you tried other flavors from the line? 

No I have not @itsfi but I'm all for trying different flavors!!

A mango-scented mask sounds so nice, @lmaster!

@quspork it was the splash of fruit I needed ๐Ÿ˜Š

Technically, I tried these out throughout a lot of February. I meant to post them at the end of February but it somehow slipped by mind. They fit both this and last month letters, so win/win ๐Ÿ™‚

Mask: Florence by Mills-Swimming Under The Eyes Gel Pads

IMG-3104.jpg20642412-1-nocolour.jpeg

My Thoughts:

Spoiler
These come in a jar with 30 pairs of eye gels and only cost $34, making them a little over $1 per pair. These are super affordable and I really enjoy that you can recycle the jar and the paper packaging this comes in. These are certainly much more eco-friendly than your average individually wrapped eye patches/gels. They also come with a small plastic "scoop" that helps separate the eye gels, which is super helpful considering these are hydrogels and super prone to ripping. I've yet to have any issue while using the scoop but could see how if I ever lost the scoop I could potentially tear some of these trying to remove them from their pile within the jar. These are super cute (and a bit gimmicky) because they come in the shape of little whales. I personally think this is adorable and always get a kick out of wearing them on my face. I wear them with the "tail side" in the inner corner of my eye and with the "whale side" facing away from me. These are a classic hydrogel eye patch with a generous, but not overwhelming amount of serum coating on it. These feel very cooling when initially put on the eye and I love putting them in my beauty fridge before use. I wear these for about 30 minutes or for as long as I possibly can. I do feel like they make my under eye very soft and hydrated after using but they definitely are not miracle workers. I mostly use these because I enjoy how they feel and they add a good boost of moisture while freshening up the under eye region. I've been reaching for these quite a bit in the month of February, I really like them even though they aren't "miracle workers". This is the perfect "filler eye mask" and for the price they are a very reasonable for a very chronic eye gel/patch/mask user like myself. Definitely will be repurchasing these again.

@QueenMarceline sorry, slightly off topic. Did you got a chance to try their lip balm? is any good? thanks. @itsfi @lmaster ladies, should I buy it? ๐Ÿคฃ we have a store here that sells the brand. Online it says that it smells like strawberry and there is also a clear one...and yes, there is a small whale at the bottom, you have to twist it to apply the lip balm ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿคฉ๐ŸณImmagine 2022-03-04 152256.png

21,367 Replies
testing