Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe Thank you so much! 

@Mellmars1185, yes to a JMsolution mask! They have some nice products in this rose line. ๐ŸŒน

@Mellmars1185 excellent review!!

@Mellmars1185 I love a floral mask, that looks amazing paired with the gua sha jade tool ๐Ÿ™‚

The first two times I have tried to post this, I have lost everything while adding photos. Hopefully everything can speak for themselves for the most part.

Tools of the Trade

A9ED18E9-0681-4989-B813-C080EE366A14.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
@athersnuck these SEPHORA COLLECTION 4 Piece Facial Razor Set my way after we recently discussed them. 

First Impressions: The blade sizes and shapes are quite different. The SC handle is comfortable and lightweight, and I love the array of shades in the 4-pack!
F80DF18D-FF51-4A86-8FF2-010DBBFB7F45.jpeg

Overall: The SC provides excellent exfoliation. When I nicked myself a few times, there was not a single superficial cut left behind. While I found it feeling rough across my skin, it left it incredibly smooth. This will be my new go-to when I am in a rush, as it was pretty fool-proof for me. Thank you so much, Ather! 

The Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL is a recent restock, and I love everything about it. While I canโ€™t say it imparts any glow or long-lasting results, it is a sensory delight to use.

The Crรจme Shop BT21 Pump it Up! Eye Gels are every bit as cute and plumping as one would imagine. They adhered beautifully, wore comfortably, and felt incredibly soothing while I wore them. Thank you dear @SportyGirly125 for sharing your love of this line with me ๐Ÿ’— 

7C42C583-9C62-4827-B049-CC73F49FD50C.jpeg

The Dearboo Nourish & Moisturize Foot Mask is a peachy-goodness foot mask that would be best suited fo r the summer months. They felt very lightweight, with adequate peach-scented lotion-serum to soften my feet. There is a peel and stick tab at the top of each bootie, but they did not stick as well as others I have tried. Th socks themselves moved around a lot as I walked around the house, so I would suggest pulling on some regular socks over these to keep them in place. After about 30 minutes, I removed and was pleased that my feet felt softened.

Finally, I have been using the Farmacy 10% Niacinamide Night Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL for a few nights now. This beautiful translucent hyacinth pseudo-salve is so, so good to my dry winter cheeks! It has been awhile since I have fallen in love with a sleeping mask, but this has broken the streak. It reminds me of Honey Savior, without the residual greasiness. It absorbs while locking in moisture, and I do not find myself having to apply facial oil in the middle of the night. Love, love, love!โ€ƒ

@eshoe I got two samples of Farmacy 10% Niacinamide Night Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and I loved them! It smoothed out my rough and elevated scars. I am tempted to DIY my formulation take on the mask ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ”ฌ.

Ooh, I am curious about your DIY project, @Nahnom

@eshoe oh the tatcha is definitely a restock in my house too!! 

Masks that feel and look pretty are hard not to love, arenโ€™t they @lmaster ๐Ÿ˜„

@eshoe @Thanks for sharing your thoughts! The facial razor set does sound very interesting ! 

Youโ€™re welcome, @Kim888! They are definitely great for beginners, seems like I could not cut myself even if I tried;)

A+++ on the photos @eshoe !  Yours is the second great recommendation I've seen for the Farmacy sleeping mask.  Might need to pop that onto my spring sale list.  

Awww thank you, @missjeanie! I just used the Farmacy again tonight, and am convinced it will be a repurchase. Yay for the spring sale!

@eshoe Wow, that peach foot mask looks awesome. I haven't tried the creme shops eye masks yet but I'm generally a big fan of all their sheet masks.

@QueenMarceline @Love the creme shop eye masks. They are so easy and comfortable to wear. 

@SportyGirly125 Such a great brand ๐Ÿ™‚

TCS eye masks are extraordinarily comfortable, @QueenMarceline. I used to love the Skyn Iceland gel masks, but after encounter a bad batch, I am hesitant to try them again. I was very pleased with how these wore!

@eshoe OH NO, I love the Skyn Icelands. You got a bad batch? I just got a bunch of them during the 21 day sale so I'm a little worried. 

You are probably fine, @QueenMarceline! I think it was a rarity. There was someone else here in BIC who encountered the same issue ; we had purchased them during the same sale, so it was likely just a bad batch. I just havenโ€™t gone back. They were great, though!

@eshoe Awww, that's such a bummer. They're definitely a great eye gel but also quite pricey (especially when bought not on sale) so I completely understand not going back.

@eshoe  Yay Iโ€™m glad they were easy and foolproof!!!! Looks like you have had an awesome masking sesh!! I think I will pick up that farmacy mask when Iโ€™ve gotten through what I have on hand. 

21,373 Replies
testing