Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Mask with a Partner! @Alphaboo gives us this weekโ€™s fun challenge: Letโ€™s make an excuse to mask togetherโ˜บ๏ธ

Letter of the Week:  T

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@PrettyPaint @Interesting! I havenโ€™t heard of that brand before! Too bad it was a bit meh! 

@Kim888  Yeah, decent enough but not worth a repurchase probably ๐Ÿ™‚

@PrettyPaint  Too bad it wasnโ€™t amazing. But good you found a great filler mask. 

I'm intrigued by the gel-cream serum in this mask, @PrettyPaint๐Ÿ˜ A good choice for mask-while-you-task week! Now, let's talk about your blue friend in the pic? I'm assuming that it did not come with the sheet mask? 

@itsfi  Hehe, nope my blue friend came from Target actually ๐Ÿ™‚

@itsfi @PrettyPaint  Yes!! Who is this blue masking buddy??? Sounds like an good mask, I love it when the serums are milky/creamy. 

Oooh I am happy to see this one here, @PrettyPaint! I remember seeing it on Facetory and going back and forth on it. The serum sounds...good? Gel and cream๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

@eshoe  That's probably where it came from (facetory). Yes, the consistency of the serum was pretty nice! ๐Ÿ™‚

N is for natural

N - natural rosemary.jpg

Spoiler
Current Skin Type / Condition: Dehydrated and very dry, more so than typical for this time of the year. Sensitive under eyes and cheeks. Discoloration from acne scars and PIH. 

Mask: Simple Note Organic Rosemary Sheet Mask

Claim(s): Moisturizing and plumping. 98% natural origin ingredients

Material: 100% pure Japanese cotton; I'd say it's medium-thick in terms of heft.

Adherence: Good

Fit: Not too bad. Width was great for me; narrower than most sheet masks. Plenty of material at forehead, also great for me. About half an inch too short at the chin. Lots of material in the area above the upper lip - the most of any sheet masks I've used. Same for the material between the eyes, but in this area, there are definitely masks out there that are more oversized than this one. Cut outs for eyes are a bit oddly shaped in that they're less oval in shape and more resembling a rounded half square domed shape. 

Essence: Typical of what I expect from a sheet mask - clear liquid essence with a very slight viscosity to it. Scent was more fruity and minty; very, very light. I didn't specifically pick up any rosemary scent which I was a little bummed about. 

Performance & Results: Instructions call for leaving the mask on for 5-10 minutes. I may have gotten to 5 minutes with this one - it was longer than a few minutes. If I experience tingling with a sheet mask, it's usually minimal and not very long. While the tingling from this mask wasn't overbearing with this mask, it was more noticeable than what I usually experience or was comfortable with, both in terms of duration and degree of tingling. Ingredients on the reverse side are in Japanese so I couldn't make out what might be the culprit for the tingling sensation. My cheeks looked a bit red all over after removing the mask - it was definitely more than just a flush. The redness turned more pink and eventually faded away overnight. 

Best Suited For: Those who do not have sensitive skin.

Will I Repurchase?: No. (another N)

@itsfi  Boo! Sorry to hear this one caused a bad reaction aaand that it didn't even smell rosemary ๐Ÿ˜ข 

I know @Shosh85!! Double whammy!! Boo! ๐Ÿ‘Ž At least I had my rosemary sprigs I could smell! ๐Ÿ˜€

Eek, sorry about the irritation from this mask, @itsfi. Thankful to hear it didn't last more than a day, though!

@eshoe, yes, me too. ๐Ÿ™‚ It's bound to happen. 

@itsfi  Ahhh no!!! Do you have a photo of the ingedients in Japanese? 

@heartsmyface, I know. It seems like it's likely something in the mask that my skin didn't like because the redness was pretty much all over and not just on the extra sensitive parts of my face. Now, I know. 

Here's what's on the reverse side of the packet:

inci.jpg

@itsfi 

F05DE302-697F-4559-B458-01BFC1279249.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Awww, thank you @heartsmyface! Looking at the list, it's either the rosemary leaf extract is too concentrated or it's the pueraria myrifica root extract. I've used sheet masks with rosemary leaf extract in it and haven't had a problem, though it's been much lower on the ingredient list. I don't recall ever seeing "pueraria myrifica root extract" in sheet masks I've used before. Okay, going to have to look into that. Thank you again!! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

@itsfi oh so sorry to hear you had a reaction ๐Ÿ˜ง

Thanks @lmaster๐Ÿ˜€ The redness went away, so that was good!! 

@itsfi @Bummer, Rosemary sounds so nice and relaxing but no rosemary scent and too much tingle does not sound fun!

@Kim888, I was really excited when I saw rosemary but this one is a pass for me. It could work out better for someone else. It would have been nice if it had a rosemary scent to it. 

9,793 Replies
Photos1,726
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg