Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe, good to hear the Skinfood apricot mask worked nicely for you. I have to remember to pull out the mini set of masks I have with that one. I have generally found that Kbeauty clay masks lean on the gentle side, though there are many more masks from US, European and other Asian countries that are also very gentle while still being effective. 

Oh that is an interesting observation about kbeauty clay masks, @itsfi. The first I thought of is the Innisfree, and it is so very gentle. More bounce to the ounce ๐Ÿ˜„

Oh they sound so good.  Especially the cream mask.  Itโ€™s wonderful that youโ€™re skin responded so well ๐Ÿ˜ƒ @eshoe 

Skinfood has had some nice wash-off masks in the past, @Cissy63. They are usually gentle and pleasant on the senses, a bonus๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Vitamin A ! 

Spoiler
This mask is one where you push serum into the mask packet. I think Iโ€™ve used others from this line before (possibly this one). 

The scent of the mask smells like a super sugary cocktail. The fit was a bit slim but overall good. 

It dried out after than I would have expected. I only had it in for about 15 minutes before the chin area felt dry. 

I never really know what โ€œbalancingโ€ is supposed to do from one use. My skin felt hydrated, but nothing special. โ€ƒNo tack. 

ED176429-02CA-45D6-98E8-5BFF4502FF87.jpeg

@Kim888 these masks are always fun for me, sorry it dried out so fast

It's a shame this one didn't last a little longer @Kim888 but at least there was some hydration from it!

@Kim888, Iโ€™m always intrigued with โ€œbalancingโ€ claims since my skin type is usually combo, with different parts of my face leaning one way and others the other way. ๐Ÿ˜† 15 minutes isnโ€™t very long but hydrated skin without tack is a nice result. 

Your scent description is highly amusing, @Kim888 ๐Ÿ˜„ I do like another one from that brand, but I have not tried this line. Adding to my to-try list !

I is for Ice cream 

IMG_20220325_201629638.jpg

• Oh yes this version smells absolutely vanilla sweet goodness!!
  • I'd say a medium thickness, fit was good except the eye holes needed sniped in the inner corner
  • Tons of thick clear serum
  • Wear time is 20 minutes
  • Results were fabulous hydrated, moisturized and nourished feeling skin! 
  • I did not notice any long term tackiness
  • I definitely prefer this one over the maple version,,, strictly due to scent ๐ŸคคIMG_20220325_201635012.jpg

โ€ƒ

@lmaster 

I want ice cream now, in a waffle cone. Just like the pic on the packaging. ๐Ÿ˜

@nuinui933 drumsticks are such a good option ๐Ÿคฃ

Now I'm excited to see what scent I can detect on this one since this version is hanging out in my stash! Glad it worked out so well for you, @lmaster!

Oh nice!! @quspork I think I have the strawberry one and blueberry maybe ๐Ÿค”

@lmaster, those results sound excellent. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ I do love these gel essence waffle masks. ๐Ÿ˜ I picked up a fresh scent on the one I used but would have loved the sweet vanilla one from yours. Mine was older when I used it; I may need to pick up another one, and some ice cream while Iโ€™m at it. ๐Ÿจ 

I had a fresh scent with the maple version @itsfi this one delighted my senses so very much!! @itsfi ๐Ÿคค yes yes to ice cream,,,, I've been on a drumstick kick for about a week now ๐Ÿคฃ

Yum! I love ice cream drumsticks @lmaster! Itโ€™s been a while since Iโ€™ve had one. The other day I saw an ice cream truck around the corner from my house!! ๐Ÿ‘€ I have not seen one of those since I was a little girl. ๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿป If I wasnโ€™t on my way to a function I would have stopped to get myself an ice cream. Iโ€™m going to have to keep an eye out for it. ๐Ÿฆ 

I have not seen one in at least 17 years, such a fun concept!! @itsfi 

Holy cow!! Fantastic!! Yes to vanilla!! @lmaster 

The most delicious scent!! @Cissy63 

Yum, @lmaster! I think I may need to pick up another pack of these, they were so good ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

21,373 Replies
testing