Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@heartsmyface, those are very limited hours. I thought the one nearest to me closed early. That fruity pebbles one took some navigating on my part to come by. The two gals working the front counter were debating whether to keep the prop mochi in the window since they were still working on a batch of that flavor. It worked out that they were literally sprinkling the cereal on top of the mochi when it was my turn to order. It felt like a sign that I should pick up more than 1. Hahaha! Fresh off the production line. Nom, nom, nom!

@itsfi Iโ€™m so weirdly hyper about eating gluten.  oh gosh should we be preordering?  I saw thatโ€™s an option.  It was definitely meant to be!!  

@heartsmyface, I think mochi donuts are gluten free. I should look that up. 

If you can pre-order, it might not be a bad idea. It just depends on the location and the day/time that your friends will be picking them up. There always seems to be a line at the one by me, unless I go at some weird time during the day.

@itsfi  Gasp!  They are!!!  OMG!  I was committed to them with gluten but this is great!  

Yeah weโ€™re going to preorder.  Itโ€™s all the way out near the airport so itโ€™s gotta be worth it!  

@heartsmyface, oh wow! That is really out there. I would have thought there would be one closer. There's a YT video on Mochido that shows them making the mochi donuts! Yuuuum! 

Oh yes, gluten free! I've been trying to substitute mochi flour when I bake or make things like pancakes, waffles, muffins...

Oh wow that mask is so funny looking @itsfi !!! It sounds like the results are interesting - I agree as it gets warmer itโ€™s hard to tell if the mask is sticky or Iโ€™m just sticky lol 

hahaha @Kim888! I completely get that! Let's just always go with it's the mask! We're not sticky kim888! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Oh I bet that candle smells so good!!  The mask sounds really good.  And like you said if the air temp and humidity were lower it may have absorbed better.  

@Cissy63, my skin generally takes really well to sheet masks so I was surprised how much of the serum remained on my face afterwards (and how the consistency remained so sticky even the next morning). I think air temperature, humidity, and climate, in addition to skin type play significantly into how our skin responds to ingredients and products, including sheet masks. It will be interesting to see how this one holds up when the mini heat wave we've been experiencing here rolls out. 

It's been years since I've had a bowl of cereal so this was a fun masking session for me - the house smelled like cinnamon for a while. So good. ๐Ÿ˜ Now that we're talking about it, I may have to pull it out tonight when temps come down a bit. 

The Dior eye patches are so cute.  I felt fancy even laying around with deshevelled hair and feeling terrible.  You apply an eye cream beforehand and then the sticker patches.  They were fairly comfortable on and didnโ€™t have any sharp edges and still allowed for comfortable eye moment.  I wore them for around two hours? They peel off nicely without tugging and left my undereyes radiant and hydrated.  I am not sure if the actual eye patches did all the work or if they simply held the cream in cause the patches themselves didnโ€™t show any sign of melting. Iโ€™m pleased overall with them and am buying another set of two though more for pulling out to be extra dramatic on tearsy occasions. 

F1D73848-AA0A-4B57-B7EC-05CAB1FE389A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@heartsmyface 

Fancy and chic. 

@heartsmyface ohhhh how fancy!

@heartsmyface they actually are kinda cute...

@heartsmyface 

OMG, your llama necklace is cute!

@heartsmyface @Hope you are feeling better.   Masks are very stylish!  And you added a pretty lip color too!!  Good to know that your under eye improved with the use of the mask.  Sometimes it is hard to tell if any gains are made in the under eye area. 

@Cissy63   Yeah a lot of them are simply hydrating  which is nice.  They most always feel soothing so itโ€™s never a waste but itโ€™s great to see actual results.  

@heartsmyface, ohhh, these sound (and look!!!) fabulous! Love your llama necklace and lippie, too. ๐Ÿ˜

You are fancy, hearts! And, you make disheveled hair look modelesque!

Hope you feel better; hugs to you, my friend. ๐Ÿค—

@itsfi  Ahhh you are wonderfully kind!  Thรฉ bougie eye masks helped a lot!  I was pretty grey for a few days there.  And baby hearts is home from school now.   Ha, but when was the last time any of us were truly sick?  Weโ€™re actively working on rebuilding the immune systems.  ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks for sharing @heartsmyface , I was curious about these !! Hope you feel better !!

@Kim888  Theyโ€™re fun and effective, but not practical for everyday use.   I still think Acropass ones are better.  Acropass set a really high bar for undereye masks.  
Thank you.  Iโ€™m better and now the little guy is sick.  I want to say heโ€™s a better sport than me.  

Fancy ones โœจ๐Ÿ’• what's on your lips? looks like a nice lip balm @heartsmyface 

21,372 Replies
testing