Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Awww @ather๐Ÿ˜Š I was racing to get the photo done on this one. ๐Ÿ“ธ I got home earlier than usual but the sun was fading, so I rushed to take the pic while dinner was cooking. The hair mask was such a great gift. I thought the earliest I might be able to pick it up would be the holiday sale; so a very nice surprise indeed! It's one of the hair masks in my permanent rotation. ๐Ÿ’œ You picked up the JVN hydrating set, yes?! Will be interested in your take on the products after you get a chance to try them. 

@itsfi  Yay for perfect timing!! And perfect pictures! I did pick the set up but I need to get through a bit more of my opened products before I open it. I try not to have too much open right now I have 3 shampoos and 3 masks. I try to limit it to only 2 so that I can use it and not have things get lost in my stash. I find when I have to much open itโ€™s so hard to work through things. 

Oh, you are good @ather!! ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ Iโ€™ve been trying to figure out the optimal number of open shampoos and conditioners and shower gels. I was doing good until this month. ๐Ÿ˜”

@itsfi  Oh nooo. How many do you have opened? Iโ€™m flawed. To much opened products makes me overwhelmed and I never know where to start. I only open foils if I feel the need to try another product. I am working through a set of shampoo and conditioner Iโ€™m not a fan of so not opening more helps me work through it also. I really hope I like the jvn cause I love it had a pump on the bottles. 

@atherI'm with ya - too many opened products is overwhelming for me too. I just went to check and we have good news and bad news. Good news, the shower gel and shampoo and conditioner situation is not as bad as I originally thought. The hair mask landscape, on the other hand, ugh. ๐Ÿ˜ซ

Shower gel - 3 full size and 1 travel size, BUT one of the full size products is ... wait for it ... 32 oz!! Whoa! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

I have 3 full size shampoo / conditioner sets that are open - Olaplex, Kerastase and JVN, the latter two I just opened this month, and I have 2 foils open but that's fine. I also have one clarifying/detox shampoo open. This is an okay amount.

Now, the hair mask situation. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I had 3 full size, 2 travel sizes that were open and had been rotating through those for some time. But I just looked and I have somehow opened 3 more full size hair masks. Ack. No. more. That's waaaaay too many to have open at any one time. I'm going to have to get down to 3 full sizes again and then I'll do a one in - one out approach. 

@itsfi  Oh no!!!! Technically I have 2 sets of shampoo/conditioner (both sets from my hairdresser and probably wouldnโ€™t replace once gone) open not bad and I do have a detox shampoo opened which isnโ€™t bad also. I have 2 full size and one travel size hair masks I guess if we count olaplex 3 I have 3 full size one travel ๐Ÿ˜ณ but thatโ€™s not terrible either. Especially for the protein masks I limit to once a week or every 2 weeks since Iโ€™ve over used in the past. I do have a bunch of foils also opened. Iโ€™m hoping by fall sale Iโ€™ve gone through my full size and I can replace one for one for something I really like. And get down to 1 protein mask opened at a time!! See we are t in that bad of shape at all!!! 

@itsfi 

That JVN set has been on my wishlist. The mask sounds nice.

Oh that orchid is beautiful; is it a real one? Your photos are always so lovely.

@erikarosenim, the set is a great way to try out the products. I hope he come out with travel sizes of or sets with his other products 

Thank you for your kind words. The orchids are real. I love flowers; a lot of my photos include flowers, orchids in particular. โ™ฅ๏ธ 

@itsfi of course it's discontinued wouldn't think anything less!! ๐Ÿคฃ

Hahaha; right @lmaster?! I didnโ€™t realize it was limited edition when I picked it up. ๐Ÿ˜” Otherwise, I would have put it to use right away. Lesson learned. 

Think week I used two masks of my choice.

1. Exuviance Intensive Eye Treatment Masque. This contains Lactobionic Acid which is supposedly to stimulate cell renewal and support the cell matrix.  
The package contained 2 eye masks that fit well under my eyes.  There was a decent amount of clear serum on each pad.  I left them on for 10 minutes.  At the end of this time I took them off.  By then they were both very dry.  I guess my skin absorbed all of the serum.  Unfortunately it left a tacky feeling under my eyes.  And it was still tacky the next am.  But I really didnโ€™t see any plumping or extra hydration in my under eye.  
This came in a package of 5.  I wonโ€™t be using the others nor repurchasing them.

2. Miss Spa Rose Stem Cell Renewal Sheet Mask.  Rose extracts inside the mask which are to inside the skin with antioxidants that help boost cell vitality.  At least, according  to the package .  
The foil package included one mask with a paper backing. It was very wet.  While putting it on my face it ripped in the chin area.  Then while adjusting it, it ripped in the temple area.  I was able to approximate the edges and it stayed together for the 30 minutes recommended.  After it was adjusted I think it fit my face.  There was more serum in the package so I added that it the mask once it was on my face.  The mask was still very wet when I removed it after 30 minutes.  
There was a light rose scent which was pleasant.  
My face was very moist so I had to let the rest of the serum absorb before using my nighttime moisturizer.  

My skin was soft and smooth after the serum was absorbed.  I bought two of these so I have another.  I would repurchase this mask. 

E2799E18-CA82-4999-9665-0A53DD4D4312.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Cissy63 those eye masks sound like they did not quite live up to expectation. I am sorry they were so lackluster, thankfully the rose mask was much better!

@eshoe  Thank you, yes at least 1 out of 2 gave good results!!

@Cissy63  The rose mask sounds lovely!

@ather  Thanks ! Yes it was!

@Cissy63 

I have that eye mask from a gwp. Now I know waht to expect. 

@erikarosenim  I was disappointed.  Let us know your experience ! 

@Cissy63 sounds lovely!

@lmaster  Thanks, it was !!

@Cissy63, the sheet mask sounds good. Delicate but good. I havenโ€™t seen this rose stem cell โ€œflavorโ€ but will keep an eye out for it. 

@itsfi  Thank you. Iโ€™m going use the 2nd online I bought. I really do like the scent and effects!

21,357 Replies
testing