Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Fruits & Veggies Week  - the lovely @keana1 brings us this deliciously nutritious, good for your skin challenge! πŸ“πŸ‘πŸŒπŸ₯‘πŸ₯¦πŸ†πŸŒ±

Letter of the Week:  L

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@eshoe, yeah, that's a major 'con' about lip scrubs in tubes. It'd be nice to have them in jars / pots and include a mini spatula that can be secured in the inside top portion of the jar or if there's a plastic cover between the jar and the product, something to fit in that space. Alternatively, the design of the Tatcha moisturizers, with the mini spatula nestled on top of the lid would work very well too, and is also so aesthetically appealing.

@itsfi  This sounds good maybe for more of a summer mask after a day in the sun! 

Yeah @ather, I think this one is better for certain occasions, not for daily masking, as a filler mask, or for a burst of hydration. A time, place and face for practically every mask, right?! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜

@itsfi  I agree. I mean it’s always good to have masks that are different. 

@ather, hahaha! I think there are a few of us here who take having a few different masks around to heart! πŸ˜‚

@itsfi Irish moss, that sounds kinda weird. I love the packaging though!

@Samtian, it’s a type of red algae or red seaweed. (Why is there no seaweed emoji?? πŸ˜†)  There’s a 97.9999% chance that at some point, I’ve probably eaten something that contains red seaweed in it. Since I don’t have a recollection of it, it should be safe to say it wasn’t bad per se... πŸ˜‰

@itsfi Well that's not nearly as bad as muddy moss I was thinking haha.

Hahaha! No muddy moss here @Samtian; or, at least that I'm aware of. πŸ˜Š

Unrelated to what you actually used, @itsfi, but since you're a fellow lip balm junkie--have you tried any of the NCLA balms?

@CookieGirl1, I have a couple of NCLA balms but haven’t gotten around to trying them ... yet. πŸ˜†

Oooh I really really loved this mask! My face looked incredible the next morning. I tried to include a picture of the texture or whatever it's called the mask is.

Mask Love.jpgOil ingredients.jpgMask Texture.jpg

I love an oil mask, did this one have a scent, @Samtian? Glad it was amazing for you!!

@haleyvvvv I can't really smell things so I have no idea, sorry.

No worries, @Samtian!! Thank you!!

This one has given so many mixed masking emotions, @Samtian - I am so happy to hear it worked out well for you! When my skin is dry, it really gives it an extra-hydrating kick. There is a chamomile version, or at least there was a year or so ago. Chances are, if you liked it, it’s no longer around, ha!

@eshoe Haha no doubt!

@Samtian  Oooo I’ll have to keep my eyes open for this one!

@ather Definitely!

Yaaay @Samtian! πŸ™ŒπŸΌ  Happy to hear you’ve been finding sheet masks that you love! β™₯️

@itsfi Thank you! I'm glad too! Hopefully they aren't discontinued haha.

12,391 Replies