Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@lmaster 

oh, lychees are sweet and refreshing. A good fruit for a mask.

@missy94612 the feeling was definitely refreshing and it smelled sweet ๐Ÿ™Œ 

@lmaster  I have a weakness for anything lychee scented or flavoured so I know Iโ€™d enjoy this even without results but itโ€™s good to hear this one delivers! 

@heartsmyface hahaha!! That's how I am about certain scents too!!

@lmaster  This sounds great.  I have this but have not tried it yet.  Glad to hear itโ€™s a winner!

Yes!! It's really good, you will like it @Cissy63 

@lmaster I've been wondering about the new Sephora masks. Hopefully, these are a good replacement for the older ones.

I feel the material is thinner and wears and fits better too @QueenMarceline 

@lmaster Thank you for the response ๐Ÿ™‚ I'll have to check one out.

@lmaster  Oh good!! I prefer thinner sheet masks cause theyโ€™re easier to manipulate. 

@heartsmyface agree ๐Ÿ’ฏ

Sounds nice, @lmaster. I don't think I've tried this version in the newer "clean" line yet, but I'm glad to hear that it worked out well for you! 

@quspork this one is one of the better masks from the line, it's worth a try!

This is a nice one, @lmaster. A fruity scent is alsways welcome ๐Ÿ˜‹

@eshoe yes it is ๐Ÿ™Œ I'm a sucker for that fruity scent!

@lmaster, love the results. This lychee one, the strawberry version and the watermelon "after sun" mask are my favorites among the Sephora Collection Clean face masks. 

@itsfi

I had forgotten about this lovely!! Glad we had this clean week to go through and see which SC masks I have left, I agree, the ones you've mentioned are my favorites!

O for oil balancing?

O - oil balancing mask.jpg

tl;dr: While I'll have to put its oil balancing claims to the test at another time (like when my skin is more oily), the Tencel-fiber My Beauty Diary Sahara Scenedesmus Oil Balancing Sheet Mask checks off a lot of boxes -

• soft, smooth, supple skin? Check. โ˜‘๏ธ
  • visibly refreshed visage? Check. โ˜‘๏ธ 
  • hydrated and brightened complexion? Check. โ˜‘๏ธ

A great mask all around and one that could work beautifully to prep the skin for makeup. A definite repurchase. ๐Ÿ’–

Spoiler
The fit and feel of the Tencel fiber sheet of the My Beauty Diary Sahara Scenedesmus Oil Balancing Sheet Mask was almost perfect, with the only adjustments for me being to widen the corners of the eye and mouth openings, both for fit and to help the material lie flat against my skin. The clear, watery essence was drippy coming out of the packet, but I did not experience any run off once the I applied the mask onto my face. The essence has the fresh, clean signature My Beauty Diary scent but did not linger. 

The mask felt cooling and wore comfortably and smoothly.  Absorption was good - no tack, stickiness or filmy feel. I can't speak to the oil balancing claims of the mask since my skin was not visibly oily on the day I used this mask, but I can say that I loved the finish and feel of my skin after using the mask. My skin drank up the goodness from the essence and felt soft, smooth and supple. My complexion looked visibly refreshed, hydrated and brightened. A great mask all around and one I think would work beautifully as part of prepping the skin for makeup. 

@itsfi @This sounds so wonderful!!  Great description all around.  I love that cooling feeling when you put on a sheet mask

Thank you @Cissy63! Yes, I agree. It feels nice to have that cooling against the skin, especially after a long day. Ahhh... I've tried a couple from this series of MBD masks and have loved the ones I've tried. I'm looking forward to using the other ones that I was able to get my hands on. Fingers crossed they turn out just as well. ๐Ÿคž

This sounds like a lovely one, @itsfi, Those are a lot of good boxes to check! 

21,367 Replies
testing