Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  Yum! This mask sounds great! Iโ€™m wondering if there would be enough moisture to use after a day in the sun since it has a cooling effect. And the faint scent would make for a great relaxing nap! 

@ather, a good watermelon sheet mask (and an actual watermelon, for that matter) after a day in the sun is great for re-hydrating the skin. ๐Ÿ‰ I think this Vitamasques one would have enough of the essence to infuse hydration back into oily, normal and combo-leaning dry skin types. Someone with dry or dehydrated skin might need a more, depending on the dryness or hydration level of their skin. 

This sounds great @itsfi  And I like watermelon in a sheet mask ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Cissy63, watermelon sheet masks are wonderfully hydrating, which my skin benefits from all year round. โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‰

@itsfi sounds great and the watermelon is making me hungry!

@Mellmars1185, there's always room for watermelon. ๐Ÿ‰ As a sheet mask or snack; or both. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@itsfi  Yay you made all the themes work!  I think I have a few masks from this brand floating around in my stash though Iโ€™m sure which ones.  watermelon is always a pleasant fragrance and it being amore natural scent is appealing:) 

@heartsmyface, I've been pretty impressed with this brand. If you have the lychee one, definitely tear into it - it's a favorite. I recently picked up the blueberry one - it has niacinamide in it - and am looking forward to giving it a try. 

@itsfi 

LOL, The Electrolytes - love it. The watermelon, too - a refreshing treat.

@missy94612, I love watermelon, as a fruit and in masks! โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‰ 

@itsfi the electrolytes ๐Ÿ˜‚ love it!!! Mmmmm watermelon!!!

@lmaster, The Electrolytes will put on a highly charged concert! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚ I love watermelon. I think I'm going to make it my goal this summer to eat so much of it that I turn into a watermelon. Hahaha!

@itsfi both the mask AND your bowl of melon look amazing!

@CookieGirl1, I love spring and summer fruits. The watermelon and sheet mask were both refreshing! โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‰

@itsfi The Electrolytes - I like that! I am also loving that bowl of watermelon - it looks like a good one! I'm glad that the mask was refreshing. My skin is also combination right now. I think I need a combination sheet mask that is detoxifying/clarifying for the nose/chin and hydrating for the cheeks.

@PrettyPaint, I love watermelon! ๐Ÿ‰ I've no idea how to pick the best ones; this one turned out to be really juicy and delicious! Oh my goodness, how great would it be if there was a mask that was both detoxifying/clarifying for the nose/chin and hydrating for the cheeks?!! Definitely let me know if you run across one like that. It would be, in the words of Chandler Bing when he was stuck in an ATM vestibule with Jill Goodacre ... "perfection". Hahaha! (Just ignore that Friends reference if it doesn't make any sense to you).

Gum would be perfection.jpg

After spending 2 days on my garden I needed some extra moisture. This was in my expiring soon pile! Definitely made my skin feel better. It did leave extra tack which I normally hate but Iโ€™m to tired to be mad. I would totally use this one again!! 

8FE3E0A5-C62E-408E-901E-C9DFCEF2B43A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@ather @Sounds so good ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Cissy63  Itโ€™s so good! 

@ather 

This sounds great. Honey masks are so good for my skin.

@missy94612  Mine too!!

21,367 Replies
testing