Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Both sound like a great way to do some skin recovery, @heartsmyface! Hope you had a good camping trip! 

@heartsmyface 

That honey mask sounds wonderful.

@heartsmyface  These masks sound like just what the doctor recommended for your face to recover.  Good to hear your face is well on the way to feeling better ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€โš•๏ธ!!

@heartsmyface I love a good microdermabrasion scrub/mask.

@CookieGirl1  It felt sooooo good!   The great thing is itโ€™s only as rough as you press and you can rely on the ahas to do the work if youโ€™re not into the physical exfoliants for any reason.  I was very much into them this time:). 

@heartsmyface it sounds amazing!

Welcome back; itโ€™s so good to see you! And this pair of masks! What a fabulous honey themed masking sesh @heartsmyface! ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ I love that sheet mask too! Iโ€™ve been impressed with the brand! The exfoliating mask sounds so good! ๐Ÿ˜ Microdermabrasion? Iโ€™m in! 

@itsfi  Thanks.  Iโ€™m feeling almost back to normal though Iโ€™m dealing with a little unintended sun/wind exposure around the nose area. Not a burn so, so worth it! 
The honey was very helpful!   my skin feels good again with a little added horse oil and vitamin E.  ha, itโ€™s been a long time since I really NEEDED exfoliation and I needed it this morning.  
Which other masks have you tried from this brand? 

Phew! Glad to hear itโ€™s not a burn @heartsmyface! Are you using a product with vitamin E in it or something with Vitamin E and a carrier oil? I saw some beauty capsules with aloe and vitamin E that looked interesting but Iโ€™m thinking maybe just picking up something like the latter at Whole Foods or health store. 

From VT, Iโ€™ve tried the Cica sheets that are meant for daily masking - I think Iโ€™m on box #3 now.

2FEE5D25-6357-4FFA-973A-206830E7872C.png

Photo credit: Olive Young Global

I want to try the various individual sheet masks in the pro Cica line and have the sheet from their Hyalon line in the queue. Iโ€™ve tried the wash off masks in this progloss and  the Cica line in the capsule format and those are nice. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

Their sun compact is good too for reapplication. Took me a while to like it but I do now. Iโ€™m thinking about trying one of foundation cushion compacts, maybe the one with collagen in it. Clearly, Iโ€™ve fallen down the VT Cosmetics rabbit hole. ๐Ÿ•ณ ๐Ÿ˜‚  

@itsfi  So right now I am dealing with a scratch on the side of my nose from being itchy and carelessly scratching so Iโ€™m wound treating while trying to hydrate, so Iโ€™ve been mixing basic vitamin E supplement capsules with polysporin and blue tansy oil.  And I spray intermittently with rose water cause it feels and smells nice.  

@heartsmyface that mask looks... interesting!! Glad you survived the camping

FBEC4590-E373-4224-BD25-1F8B95CCF9C2.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@lmaster  Ha survived! ๐Ÿ˜ It was a lot of fun.  weโ€™re anxiously doing a Did We Get Covid? countdown cause that was a lot of physical contact and food sharing.  So far so good.  We tested ourselves when we got home and were all negative then.  Just three more days and weโ€™re in the clear.  

Awwwwaaaa!!! You've stolen my heart!! ๐Ÿฅฐ I'm glad you had fun!!! ๐Ÿคž No covid

For the Animal Print theme I chose a little French Bulldog from The masqueBAR.

There was a lot of serum saturated in the mask.  It was really cute.  The fit was good and it stayed moist for the 20 minutes it stayed on my face.

I had no reaction to it!

My skin was very moist with serum when I took it off.  I left it on to absorb into my skin.

I liked this and would repurchase,

277E8F0D-62D4-4263-BA34-35761315A863.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Cissy63 

Cuuuuuute! ๐Ÿถ

@Cissy63 

I'm going to have to look into these masks for my daughter. She loves dogs.

It really is fun to see a cute dog on your face!! @missy94612 

Loved that this was a winner for you all around @Cissy63! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ The packaging is really cute! ๐Ÿถ

Thank you @itsfi!! I love dogs ๐Ÿถ ๐Ÿ•โค๏ธ

@Cissy63, you may already have them, but The Masque Bar has a few different dog prints in their Animalz mask line. ๐Ÿถ ๐Ÿฉ ๐Ÿ• Does your pooch look at you funny when you wear a sheet mask around the house? 

Awwwww!!!! So cute @Cissy63 

21,367 Replies
testing