Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Ohh, masking twins, @missy94612! I just used this one this week as well haha. This a nice one for that added bump in hydration but I'm glad the tingling didn't lead to any sort of irritation for you. 

@missy94612, Mediheal makes some great masks. I like this aquaring one for adding some hydration to the skin, but agree with you that there are better ones from this line.

Here's the mask with the red packaging. Same as the green one from a few weeks ago, this one says it will "rescue" my skin; but this red one is focused on deep moisture, which sounds great for my dry/very dry skin. Like the mask with the green packaging, there's a lot of liquid in this one. It felt nice and refreshing and it was more moisturizing than the green one and some other sheet masks I've used. I would buy this one again. There's another one with blue packaging but it is for clarifying skin which doesn't sound like one that would be ideal for my skin type.

minathayes_0-1658595826533.png

@minathayes  Yes a great mask!

Sound like it worked out nicely, @minathayes!

@minathayes 

A deep moisturizing mask is right up my alley.

@minathayes it is great when there is a generous amount of serum in the package - extra for patting on or extra care for the elbows!

@minathayes, โ€œdeep moistureโ€ sounds fantastic! ๐Ÿ˜ Great to hear this was a winner for you. 

@minathayes  Oh this one sounds terrific!!! So good your skin reaped its benefits ๐Ÿ˜€

@minathayes I bet it felt very nice

@itsfi @In response to your comments on the Amimalz mask, I have no other dog masks but I have a Zebra I think.  My dog pays no attention to any of my masks except if he is on my lap he wants to lick them off!! So I have to keep him away from my face during mask time!!

7.22.2022 mediheal bamboo charcoal black 4D mask.jpg

Spoiler
Mediheal Bamboo Charcoal 4D Black Mask is a thicker leaning bamboo sheet that adheres beautifully to the skin. But for there being a little too much material at the chin/jawline and not quite enough for my forehead, fit was pretty goodThe material holds in the essence nicely and was saturated in, without being overwhelmed by, the slightly viscous, softly scented, clear liquid essence. The floral scent is fresh and faint, and quickly fades away before I even place the sheet on my face. 

The essence is said to contain 10 skincare ingredients that are black but I am not so sure about that - 

• blackberry, black bean, black sesame, grape, black rice, mulberry, no issues there.
  • blueberry - isn't it blue?
  • sea mustard (aka wakame) - I just had some for lunch the other day and I'm pretty sure it's green, maybe with some pieces that were a deep, dark green, but it was pretty distinctly green. 
  • eggplant - pretty sure it's purple; a deep, dark purple, but purple nonetheless.

In any event, they cast a pretty wide net with their claims too - it's said to be rejuvenating, firming, lifting, all while improving skin elasticity and providing moisture, nourishment and wrinkle care. I did not see or experience any particular firmness or tightening on my face but those are not results I expect from a single use. That said, the mask wore well for the entire 30 minutes I had on the mask. My skin soaked up the essence, even the parts of my face that ordinarily take longer to absorb serums, and was left feeling hydrated and bouncy, with zero tack or stickiness. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ While these results are not anything outside the ordinary when it comes to sheet masks, I still very much enjoyed this mask.

This mask I feel is best suited for those with combination, normal or slightly oily skin. Those with dry or very dry skin will probably find it most useful in the warmest of seasons. Itโ€™s a mask I would happily use again and Iโ€™d likely repurchase after making my way through a little more of my collection, especially to see if or how the anti-aging related claims pan out with more regular, consistent use. 

@itsfi  This one sounds promising. I like most of the ones in this line that Iโ€™ve tried!! Iโ€™ll have to pick this one up!

@ather, Mediheal really does a wonderful job with their masks, and they have so many. ๐Ÿ˜ Of the ones youโ€™ve tried, so you have a favorite? Or favorites? 

@itsfi  I think my favs would be the P.D.F and the N.M.F. I was thinking the placenta one was also mediheal but I canโ€™t find the picture. I usually always keep the NMF on hand. I find it helps keep my face feeling better when I have any irritation or if I accidentally use to much acids on it. I havenโ€™t found one I didnโ€™t like!! I think I saw you really enjoy the collagen one! I need to pick that one up next time I see it! 

image.jpg@ather  This one?  

@heartsmyface, do you like this one? 
@ather 

@heartsmyface  Yes!!!! Itโ€™s so good also!

@ather, is this the one youโ€™re thinking about?

9467B303-150D-4766-962C-39B68061009E.jpeg

โ€ƒ

I think I have this from a variety set but havenโ€™t tried it yet. I do remember you liking it so its one Iโ€™m interested in.

Hereโ€™s  the collagen mask. Itโ€™s a nice one; makes my skin plumpy.

E9FF2266-D435-4726-8BA4-22A8F231958B.jpeg

And I forgot about this one - I donโ€™t know how I could forget; this one is fantastic. So moisturizing and nourishing. I picked up a pack of 10.

278343C9-B4E6-4E79-841B-C9CA69767418.jpeg

ETA: All pics from Mediheal US site 

@itsfi  Yes thatโ€™s it. I thought it was mediheal!! I really enjoyed this one. I remember it really making my skin feel good! It is a bit of an odd ingredient but Iโ€™ve read itโ€™s actually a really good one!!! Iโ€™ll have to grab the collagen and the DNA one. I canโ€™t turn down a mask that will make my face plumpy! Iโ€™ve seen them around. I also really like the fit and adherence on this brand. I am not overly picky but if itโ€™s sliding down itโ€™s definitely a no for me!! 

@ather, the brand went through a recent (maybe a year ago actually) repackaging and redesign of their sheet mask - donโ€™t think the ingredients changed, at least not the masks I tend to go for more frequently; just to the look of the packet and the sheet. The newer version includes a sheet with an imprint of the Mediheal logo lasered(?) throughout the material, the idea being that when you see the Mediheal logo appear on the sheet, itโ€™s time to take it off. I think itโ€™s super helpful, especially for those new to sheet masks, but also for those for whom sheet-masking is almost an instinctual part of our skincare routine. It is interesting to see how the logo appears on certain parts of my face first - the more parched sections. 

21,373 Replies
testing