Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe oh my gosh!! That is definitely a sight, the packaging is amazing to say the least

Perfect time if the year for a mask like this, @lmaster ๐Ÿ‘ป

Ooh that's too  fun looking @eshoe and so close to ๐Ÿ‘ป ๐ŸŽƒ  Halloween , it fits right in!  I love it!

It has the makings of a great costume, @CynthieLu - terrifying for sure!

๐Ÿ˜† lol

@eshoe  Oh my gosh I canโ€™t believe you still had this, but to be fair it doesnโ€™t really look like a mask so I can see why itโ€™s been overlooked all this time! Ha, you looked terrifying which isnโ€™t exactly a bad thing when youโ€™re stealthing around in the crime world. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@heartsmyface this was a deeeee-light ๐Ÿ’— Terrifying is the perfect word to describe it, no doubt about it!

Oh my goodness! So great no matter what the mask is like, lol. @eshoe 

@sister13 @eshoe   Itโ€™s the lips for me!!  So glam!  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿซฃ Those eyebrows are something else too!   

@heartsmyface @sister13 the eyes, the lips, the brows - everything about this mask is primo ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Lol @heartsmyface @eshoe MEEEEOOOOWWWWWWW! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

All the way @sister13 @heartsmyface ๐Ÿˆโ€โฌ›๐Ÿ˜ป

@sister13 I agree 110% ๐Ÿ˜‚

Theme  ๐Ÿ’• BIC Inspiring Masks

Puffy Under Eyes NMore -Hydrogel Under Eye Masks-

Screenshot_20220902-183431_Gallery_mh1663202814936.jpg

โ€ƒ

These are simply little jelly masks for your under eye area.  I was inspired to give these a go after seeing others use these for such a looooong time! It was a real treat to pick up a jar for myself. *I have been wanting to try something like this for forever * I got 60 of these cuties for around 7.99 at the Marshals 

Spoiler
Unboxing: The Jar, after unscrewing the lid had a plastic seal, above it was a little scooping tool. That was a nice touch. These little guys are slippery. It was neat to get them out with our having to put my fingers all over them.  For not getting bacteria in the container it was a definite plus.

The Feel: The eye jelly's were not super thin, and they did try to slide down my face a bit. As they dried they didn't move so much.  They had no big scent on these that I noticed. They were sparkly a little bit โœจ๏ธ but it seems like it's the gels and not the liquid. **I didn't have sparkles on my face to fight with for days lol**

The product: It said Collagen and Cucumber on the box, and it's overall ingredient list was short. The ingredient list did have Hydralized Collagen and Cucumber Juice as well as Glycerin. The other ingredients I wasn't very familiar with. 

Results: Nothing big or dramatic after 3 uses, but I did find them moisturizing. I don't have much puffiness really and I felt like it didn't do anything for that specifically but I did feel the area was soft and hydrated after I took them off. 

For 7.99 I'm happy with these and I would defintley try something else by the company.

Happy Masking! ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿงก

This sounds like a great moisturizer for the under eye!!  Price is right too!   Iโ€™ll have to check Marshals. @CynthieLu 

I find the most random things there's @Cissy63 ๐Ÿ˜„ 

@CynthieLu, the area under my eyes are more prone to dryness; I like to use gel patches like these under a sheet mask to give a little more hydration to that area. 

The rainbow over the jar and box in your photo looks pretty.

Have you tried silicone reusable silicone face patches @itsfi ? The under eye ones specifically. Put on your serums and moisturizer and wear them to trap in the good ingredients and hydration from your skin care. You can use them everyday. Pacifica sells lovely ones,  I have the Sephora ones but I think they've been discontinued I couldn't find them in my # Search 

@CynthieLu  For 7.99 you really canโ€™t go wrong happy they are moisturizing for you!

Ty @ather  , gosh yes. At that price and simple ingredient list,  it's hard to go wrong ๐Ÿ˜‹

Never seen these before!! @CynthieLu 

21,373 Replies
testing