Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@CynthieLu It's the Leahlani Mermaid Mask.  It's honestly SO good (and I'm generally not a big "mask person") and I know that @heartsmyface has also bought it and loves it.  

So a couple of weeks ago, I found this tucked sideways in my mask drawer. A true Forgotten Wonder.

3E4BF1FB-295C-4C2A-8A3B-8C94EE411B22.jpeg

Spoiler
I have been using the Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL pretty often - once a week or so. It is a solid performer for me in how enjoyable it is to use, as well as being aesthetically pleasing. 

When I found this Douglas Catwoman Detox Skin Mask (many, many thanks, @heartsmyface) , hidden sideways next to other masks, I thought it would be the perfect one for that weekโ€™s challenge. As a detox mask, I anticipated a black charcoal sheet, which, would seem appropriate as for the costume.
21DC2DE9-560D-4004-9FE7-006ED0F19C80.jpeg

The packaging was impeccable.

0F5316FA-AEB9-4AA6-AC46-D0C34CE2DA3E.jpeg

โ€ƒ

97FB7C15-FCDF-485E-880A-274017A0436E.jpeg

There was an abundance of light/medium thickness, clear serum that was had a typical โ€˜sheet maskโ€™ scent. I left it on as long as I could, my husband left the room immediately in laughter after eyeing me, and my daughter refused to look at me as she was terrified. I couldnโ€™t even look at myself in the mirror.โ€ƒ

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
F02AF581-8700-48C8-AC1B-DD114A31414F.jpeg
I left it on around 20 minutes, and did not notice any residual tackiness. I finished my routine with some Farmacy 10% Niacinamide Night Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL, which is a great cheek love for dry patches. Thanks for the laughs, heartsmyfaceโ€ฆthis was my favorite Forgotten Wonder ever!

@eshoe 

LOL. This looks like a really fun mask!

It was spooky fun, @nuinui933

@eshoe  This is a very interesting mask !!  Your skin liked it and thatโ€™s what counts.  But I love the expression on it!!  

Interesting is an apt description for this one, @Cissy63 ๐Ÿ˜‚ I felt the same way, and yes, bonus points for it being kind to my skin!

@eshoe, how fun! The packaging alone is a stunner.

In terms of packaging that captures the eyes and the heart, @itsfi, this one takes both โ˜บ๏ธ  

@eshoe Oh that is so fun! Right up my alley!

Yep, it was definitely goofy and well-worth waiting for, @Samtian ๐Ÿ˜

Oh my gosh, how fun is that mask?! You were definitely rocking it, @eshoe!

Ha ha, @quspork - it was just as equally funny as it was terrifying. Perfect for this time of year!

@eshoe  Omg!!! This mask is so fun!!! I love your mask lineup. I agree the Tatcha violet c is a great mask. I need to remember to use it more!! Love your picture in the mask!!!

I think for a special masking session, the Tatcha-C might be my favorite, @ather. I hope I brought a little smile or laugh to your face with that crazy Catwoman mask๐Ÿคฃ

@eshoe  The cat woman picture definitely brought a smile to my face! I saw the thumbnail and I was intrigued so I went looking for it!

The packaging was incredible, @ather. It was obvious that a lot of thought went into it (thought to make the end user laugh, that is!) 

Wow, the design of that mask is awesome, @eshoe!

Someone or some team must have had fun creating this one, @CookieGirl1 - it was a doozy!

Lmao @eshoe @that print is amazing! They truly can look really creepy lol 

Yes was is easily the most intricate one I have tried, @Kim888. It wasโ€ฆspecial ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคฃ

@eshoe oh my gosh!! That is definitely a sight, the packaging is amazing to say the least

21,372 Replies
testing