Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Hello, June! ๐Ÿ๐Ÿฅฅ๐ŸŒž We are nearly 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Rainbow ๐ŸŒˆ Week! Bring out the colorful masks in every hue - thank you to the vibrant @sonnydee for this weekโ€™s lively theme.

Letter of the Week:  Y

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Samtian  thank you,  my bangs are an awkward length right now so Iโ€™m forced to go with a side swoosh even though itโ€™s not cut to sit that way.  Itโ€™s working for now but Iโ€™m going to need to get them trimmed soon. 

@heartsmyface  I picked these up as well. I havenโ€™t tried it yet but I think I was most disappointed that they arenโ€™t individually wrapped. I was going to bring mine to work and share. One of the girls I work with had a really bad reaction the other day from her mask and I thought this would be more soothing for her. But silly me opened it and I didnโ€™t think it would be good to share since itโ€™s open. 

@ather   Right!?  It kinda starts a timer on how fast you have to use them up as well.  I suppose we can individually wrap them ourselves but theyโ€™re not really sterile for sharing during a pandemic.  Who knows, maybe she might appreciate the offer. 

i canโ€™t help but feel like bacteria from our mouths and noses is getting trapped all over our faces when weโ€™re breathing in them for extended periods of time and the friction from the masks is wearing away at our skin barriers making people more susceptible to breakouts, so I like the idea of this extra layer of protection even if itโ€™s only for twenty minutes. 

@heartsmyface  Good idea! I could wear gloves put it in a ziploc bag lol. Maybe if I see them again Iโ€™ll get her a set! 

My entire chin has been broken out since the pandemic started. Iโ€™ve been wearing no makeup. Nothing helps it. Itโ€™s like a constant breakout. I wash my masks after every use. I canโ€™t use the disposable ones they kill my skin and I get so itchy and red and rashy. Only good thing no one sees my break outs cause they are under my mask.  Funny story I was using my pore vacuum the other weekend and I barely went over a spot and got a huge bruise. But no one seen it cause it was on my chin ๐Ÿคฃ

@ather   Are bamboo masks a thing yet?  Or something silky?  I know bamboo has antibacterial properties.  May be something to look into.  And polysporin gel around my nostrils has become a part of my premask routine.  Not pretty but it keeps things hydrated and protected.  Maybe that could help you? 

@heartsmyface  Good idea with the bamboo masks Iโ€™ll check into it. I know slip has a silk one I keep looking for them I need to search harder I think. I also did the DDG webinar and he has this acne cream I am going to try once mine is done. Hoping it will help too. I think your right the extra moisture and trapped bacteria are causing my breakouts. 

@heartsmyface  Oooh, genius! I love the idea of wearing a beauty mask under a mask! ๐Ÿ™Œ

@Shosh85 @Yeah i really feel if they fine tuned these to cover the more sensitive areas that need extra help theyโ€™d be better.  Iโ€™m going to try using a cut up one tomorrow.  

Oh my goodness @heartsmyface! These look super helpful! I could also use ones that cover the other areas you mentioned. I have some that are on backorder and have found some that I need to do more research on to see if they are what I need / am looking for. 

@itsfi  I really think theyโ€™re onto something here cause my skin felt much better without the friction and hydration wins over breath moisture any day.   What brands have you looked at?  I bought three packs of four of these so Iโ€™ll have to whip out the scissors and experiment with different shapes.  

@heartsmyface, I looked at ones from Skin, Inc. and Masque Bar. I saw another one, but it was a little different; it was more a liner, but without the ear loops. I can't remember the site where I found it. If I see it again, I'll let you know. 

H is for hydration, Hylocereus undatus (aka dragon fruit aka pitaya), healthy, and hurry up! (it's expired - eek!

H - dragonfruit good 2 eat.jpg
I spied dragon fruit at the market the other day, so naturally, into my cart it went and this was my breakfast this morning. Yum! ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

Spoiler
Material; Fit & Essence:   
This Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Pink Squeeze Vitality Mask, like the other sheet masks in this collection is a very thin cotton sheet. It adheres wonderfully, wears comfortably for the entire half hour I had on the mask, and fit can be made to work with some adjustments to the usual suspects (corners of eyes, nose and mouth and length at the chin and jawline). The clear, slightly viscous, watery essence and has a deliciously refreshing sweet and fruity scent, good enough to eat, you might say. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‹ The theme of the week has been a lot of fun @heartsmyface, and tasty! ๐Ÿ˜‹ From the listed ingredients, I pick up the peach and lychee scents in this one.

Claims, Performance & Results:  
The mask claims to soothe and vitalize irritated skin, which sounds wonderful. My skin wasn't particularly irritated the morning I reached for this one so I can't really speak to how well it met its claim. What I can say is that this mask imparted a nice dose of much needed hydration to my skin, leaving it looking and feeling refreshed and lightly brightened, glowy. There's a slight bounce to my skin as well, which is nice. This is one I'd be happy to use again - I'd be particularly interested in seeing how this mask performs (and whether it lives up to its claims) when my skin is irritated. 

I've never had dragon fruit @itsfi it looks like a sensory dream โ˜บ๏ธ

Love your pic, @itsfi .

Thank you @CookieGirl1! Food and mask  pairings continue to be a thing for me with the shelter in place. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@itsfi hahaha h for hurry up, that's a good one! 

@Samtian, I should have paid more attention to that expiration date. But then again, if I had, it wouldnโ€™t be a โ€œhurry upโ€ mask and where would the fun be?! Hahaha!

@itsfi  This one sounds delicious! Adding to my list to try! Sounds really helpful since my poor face has been so irritated lately. Maybe Iโ€™ll have to put an order in ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Oh no @ather!! Whatโ€™s causing your skin to be irritated? Weather? Mask wearing? Stress? Reaction to something? 

@itsfi  All of the above lol. It just warmed up here yesterday it was actually not in the negative!! I think it was actually 0  

I noticed it quick and Iโ€™ve been doing soothing masks and wearing sleeping masks every night. Itโ€™s much better now. I used the Sephora oat one and it actually helped a ton. Very soothing. I think by tomorrow I should be back to normal! Hopefully the weather doesnโ€™t get cold again. I get this weird โ€œwinter rashโ€ on my hands and it looks the same but on my face. My son has bad eczema and his whole face is broken out right now too. Poor guy. 

Itโ€™s good you caught it early on and acted on it quickly @ather! Oh no!! Iโ€™m so sorry; eczema is hard on the littles. My niece has it and we are constantly slathering her in Aquaphor. She has a love-hate relationship with Aquaphor. She doesnโ€™t like it on her face but it helps. I sometimes let her apply the Aquaphor on me while Iโ€™m putting it on her so she feels like sheโ€™s not the only person who has to wear it. ๐Ÿ˜† 

10,651 Replies
Photos1,864
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg