Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Yes! Super excited to hear this was a win the second time around as well @Shosh85! This one, brand and ingredient, has been one on my list of things to try. Your mask is also making me think sushi would be good for lunch or dinner today. ๐Ÿฃ 

@itsfi  I think you'd love it! If I wasn't trying to work through some expired/expiring masks I'd buy more now!

...and mmmm, yes, sushi sounds good right now ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฃ

Hey there maskers! PTR has a mini masking set, which is not out of the ordinary for the brand. I noticed though that this year's set includes a mask I have not yet seen. Peter Thomas Roth Masking Minis 5-Piece Mask Kit Here's some info from the product page:

PTR Mask Set.png

itsfi_1-1666809191886.png

The new addition, the purple one, is said to contain "2% PTR Active Purpleโ„ข Fermented Brew: A blend of potent antioxidants that help improve the look of aging."

I'm not planning on picking up the set (gotta work my way through some already open wash off masks) but if someone does purchase this set, I'd love to know your thoughts on the new purple mask. In the meantime, I shall keep my eyes out for it as a future promo gwp.

@itsfi  Interesting. I wish my mask supply wasnโ€™t so large so I could try it out. I really need to work through my masks!! Great catch tho! 

@ather, it feels like thereโ€˜s always something in the works, doesnโ€™t it? ๐Ÿ˜† ! Youโ€™ll make your way through your masks; just have to chip away at it and before long, itโ€™ll be a lot more manageable! You got this! ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ 

I went to PTR direct website hoping to find more information on the active purple mask @itsfi . I had no luck. Like you I am hoping for a deluxe sample or packet . It does sound interesting.

@Loretta55 @itsfi For some reason the product isn't showing up when you just look at the regular PTR website, but it does come up on the site if you search through google ("peter thomas roth purple mask"). Maybe it just got added? Here's the description from the product page, which has it listed as out of stock currently. 

2% PTR Active Purpleโ„ข Fermented Brew undergoes a unique cutting-edge process that transforms purple maqui berry, purple tea, purple rice and purple sweet potato extracts into a postbiotic brew brimming with anthocyaninsโ€”purple pigments with potent antioxidant strength. This proprietary brew is methodically engineered for intense antioxidant power, helping to improve the look of aging from environmental damage. Enriched with exfoliating Glycolic Acid, pore-refining Amazonian White Clay, and nourishing Ceramide NP and Shea Butter, the innovative formula helps to improve the look of fine lines and wrinkles from external stressors while helping to refine and reduce the look of enlarged pores. Leaves skin appearing purified, youthful, healthy and balanced.

After just 1 use:
  • โ€ข Users agree fine lines, wrinkles and pores look less noticeable.*

After just 3 uses:
  • โ€ข 97% agree skin feels soft*
  • โ€ข 94% agree skin looks clarified and refreshed*
  • โ€ข 91% agree pores look less clogged and skin appears clean, fresh, renewed and less dull*

*Based on an immediate and 1-week consumer perception study on 34 women ages 27 to 45.

Ahhh, thank you @quspork! Interesting set of primary ingredients; Iโ€™ve heard of all (and used products containing each of them) except purple tea. That sounds like something to put on my list of things to research. ๐Ÿ“ 

Have you tried any skincare, mask or otherwise, with purple tea as a key ingredient? 

Not that I recall, @itsfi.  From a cursory search, it looks like it may have some antioxidant properties. So it may be a nice addition to try out. 

Thank you very much for the tip @quspork . I still plan on asking my coworker who has a friend that works for PTR for a sample. Fingers are crossed ๐Ÿคž that she can score at least a sample.

Fingers crossed for you, @Loretta55! If you do manage to score the sample, I know we'd all love to hear what you think of it! 

I keep forgetting to ask her if her friend still works for PTR @quspork . Hopefully I will be able to get a sample or larger size of the purple mask.

I did a general online search before posting and it pulled up a reference to the mask on the PTR site but when I clicked on it, nothing about the purple mask came up. I also looked through the PTR site and like you, found nothing. It really does seem exclusive to Sephora and this set @Loretta55. We shall wait and see who will be the first to give it a try. I'll get the popcorn while we wait. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I have one more source @itsfi but I am not sure how reliable it is. My coworker has a friend that works for PTR.

Good observation on the Purple mask, @itsfi!  I hadn't noticed it.  That being said, I'm not planning on picking up the set either (although you've now reminded me to unearth my Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask 5 oz/ 148 mL which I love for this time of year).

Itโ€™s a great mask all year round but adds to the autumn vibes beautifully this time of year with its pumpkin spice vibes, @CookieGirl1! Yep, keeping an eye out on a sample size of that purple one.

@itsfi I'm honestly kind of surprised that it hadn't been noticed until now!  That's a good thought on watching for a GWP or sample of it.

@CookieGirl1   Ouhhh this is a good one!  I thiiiink I still have itโ€ฆ.?  I did a declutter a while back and am not quite sure but I SHOULD have it. 

@heartsmyface It's still one of those masks that I swear by.  I feel like it actually does a little something for my skin and I love the scent!

@CookieGirl1  It really is the sign of a great mask when you mask everyday and you still get visible results from one in particular!  

@itsfi  I'm super interested to try that purple one, but I have accumulated so many of these mini PTR masks already! A promo/gwp would be good!

21,373 Replies
testing