Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

***2022 Mask of the Week Challenge***

Open for input and suggestionsπŸ‘‡πŸΌ

Spoiler

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Animal Print Masks - Lions 🦁, tigers 🐯, pandas 🐼, and bears 🐻, oh my! None other than the lovely @Shosh85 brings us this smile-worthy challengeπŸ˜„

Letter of the Week:  Q

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

I've always loved their packaging @Shosh85 sounds great even with the fit needing adjusting, definitely not a deal breaker 

@lmaster  All the packaging I've seen from he brand really is great and I've liked mostly everything I've tried! πŸ˜ƒ

Ahhhh, Tencel! πŸ˜ Love that material in sheet masks @Shosh85! Pearl and hyaluronic acid make a wonderful ingredients combination - hydrating and brightening! Happy to hear you liked it. This line of Annie's Way sheet masks has been a good one! 

@itsfi  Tencel + brightening + hydrating definitely make a great combo! I loved the results from this one! Thanks again, Fi! πŸ˜ƒ

16EE14B2-C5E5-4C93-A599-57F2B599F935.jpeg

 

I have tons of these masks. So good if you want to save your money. Definitely noticed a difference the next morning. 

@sillylily253 can't wait to hear about this one

First the ingredients: Water, Methylpropanediol, Glycerin, Retinyl Palmitate, Thiamine HCl, Riboflavin, Niacin, Carnitine HCl, Pantothenic Acid, Biotin, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopherol, Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Extract, Allantoin, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydroxyethyl Urea, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, 1,2-Hexanediol, Propanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance.

@sillylily253, this looks like a new line of masks from TonyMoly. πŸ˜ƒ I'm always curious about collage masks and would love to hear your thoughts on these after you've had a chance to use them.

@sillylily253  Looks like you're set on vitamin C! Have you had a chance to try it yet? Curious what you think! 

I was thinking about saving them for a fun little sleepover but because of COVID-19 that probably won’t happen soon. that is what they seem to be meant for, but I can totally try one out. I am going to do it today. And will give you guys the results tomorrow.

My last masking duel took place over two weeks, during Z week last week and last night for A week. The masks are adorable.

In this corner, we have a Z for Zombie:  
Z - duel - zombie.jpg

And, in this corner, we have an A for Angel: 
Z - duel - angel.jpg

Here's the play-by-play:
Spoiler
Mask:
Zombie
Angel

Material:
Medium thick cotton
Medium thick cotton
Size & Fit:
Overly large length and width-wise, with narrow eyes and mouth openings.
Overly large length and width-wise, with very narrow openings for eyes and mouth. Narrower openings than Zombie mask and has eye flaps.

Serum:
Clear, slightly viscous, but not too runny nor too goopy. Has a natural rose scent, including the earthiness of its thorns and stem. More like a rose bush than just simply the rose petals.
Clear, slightly viscous, but neither runny nor goopy. Has a fresh, slightly floral scent (not specifically of roses). Scent is subtle, lighter than Zombie scent. 

Claim(s):
Hydrating
Hydrating

Performance & Results:
The mask is what I would consider a non-controversial hydrating mask that would make a good filler mask.
Like the Zombie mask, this would make a fun filler mask - no irritations or negative results; nicely hydrating.

Repurchase?:
I’d repurchase to gift it since it’s a fun mask. Or, include it in a swag bag for Halloween party. πŸ§Ÿβ€β™€οΈ
This would make a fun gift. πŸŽπŸ˜‡
ETA: 
Z - duel HK masks.jpg
#SEPHORA COLLECTION Vegan Hydrating Lip Balm 3 Cherry 
Drunk Elephant Mini T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacialβ„’ AHA + BHA Mask 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

@itsfi  

Do you happen to know what the ingredients are on these masks? They're very cute.

@missy94612, here you go: 

HK Inci.jpg

@itsfi  

Thanks so much for this. My daughter is really taken with these masks, but I wanted to see what was in it first.

@itsfi, omg, these are way too cute!

@nuinui933, agreed. These are both very cute masks. πŸ˜

@itsfi  Super cute! I love that you would add in a swag bag!

@ather, these are fun and very cute, especially the Zombie mask. While they’re not ones I would consider top tier as far as results, they work well enough at hydrating the skin that they would make worthwhile gifts. 🎁 

@itsfi  Oh, these are both super cute! I especially love the Zombie one! Definitely perfect for a Halloween goodie bag! πŸ˜ƒπŸ§Ÿβ€

@Shosh85, the Zombie one is super fun. And large. Not the largest mask though. The scent is fine, but I wish it had a different scent to it. Maybe something more fall or Halloween inspired.

13,052 Replies