cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

34814C30-8453-4F11-B503-B8290A8D2FAB.gif

Welcome to the 2022 Mask of the Week Challenge! We love hearing about every masking experience, on or off-theme, and suggestions are always welcome.

Week’s Theme:  Extraordinary Exfoliators

Letters of the Month: E - I

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge:
Current Thread (Archived Schedule Below)

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@ather, I feel like paring it down to the basic essentials is the best way to treat my skin now. I've been keeping my skincare routine super simple as of late.

I feel like this is the time of the year when my skin starts veering down the path of combo land, (especially my nose and chin), but my face is still dry and sensitive overall from the weather and the other kind of mask wearing. a Last year, I just focused on treating the dry/sensitive and while it helped keep the flakies at bay, it didn't help with other issues in the long run. So this year I'm trying to introduce exfoliants back into the routine earlier than usual, using gentler formulae, with more consistency, and concentrating them on my nose and chin for the time being. Hoping this little tweak will help prep those parts of my face for when the weather changes its tune to something less less wintery. πŸ˜†

@itsfi I keep seeing that Creme Shop Rose Gold Mask. I need to try it out ASAP πŸ™‚

@QueenMarceline, the results from the sheet masks in The Creme Shop fusion line have generally been good to my skin, with a few being better than your average sheet mask. If you see this one at your local TJ Maxx or Marshall's or if there's a sale at TCS direct, it's worth picking up. πŸ›

@itsfi  I love your honey theme. The no:hj Aqua Soothing Mask Pack - Honey looks like such a perfect mask. I also have the Gisou hair oil and really like it! 

Thank you @PrettyPaintπŸ’›πŸ― Honey is one of the skincare ingredients I consider a "go to" when my skin needs a reset, whether it's dry, irritated, inflammed or dealing with acne, or a combination of any or all of those. It's an all-rounder for me.

I'm happy with the Gisou hair oil; I didn't know what to expect because my intro to the brand was the hair mask, which I thought was just okay. Have you used any of the other products from the brand? If so, would love to know if there are other products from the line you like. 

@itsfi @I have tried the CT one!  I do like that its creamy and does dry down but I agree that scent is a lot. I do like the results but the baby powder scent can be super overpowering! 

which is your favorite that has the similar base ?

@Kim888, the clay masks that I think are most similar to the CT Goddess Clay mask are Caudalie Pore Minimizing Instant Detox Mask 2.5 oz/ 75 mL or Origins Mini Original Skinβ„’ Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay 1 oz/ 30 mL; it’s been a while since I’ve used either of these but of the two, my preference is for the Caudalie. Of all the clay masks that I’ve used, I like Origins Clear Improvementβ„’ Charcoal Honey Mask to Purify and Nourish 2.5 oz/ 75 mL or innisfree Pore Clearing Clay Mask 3.38 oz/ 100 mL 

@itsfi @Thanks for sharing ! I have tried a mini of that caudalie and I do remember thinking it was really good! I have to add it back to my list when I finish my other Clay masks !

@itsfi Thanks for sharing your experiences. The hj mask seems like something I would like to try. I also have the Gisou Honey Infused Hair Oil  which I am now looking forward to trying even more! I am loving the effects of hair oil this time of year! 

@Mellmars1185, hair oils are great; I just started getting into them a few years ago. Actually as I think about oils in general, for hair, nails, face are fabulous this time of the year! πŸ˜†

@itsfi that lip balm 😍

@Skunk12puzzola, yesssss!! It's such a lovely balm! Moisturizing and smells so good - I confess that I sometimes open the jar just to take in the fresh rose scented goodness! πŸŒΉ

Targeted skin concerns: Balancing

IMG_20220218_212601855.jpg

 

IMG_20220218_212606637.jpg

• This was a multi step mask, might I add the easiest mask to pop the liquid to the powder to the mask!! 
  • White gauze like thin material that fit perfectly
  • You pop the liquid into the powder squish it all up, then pop it down to the mask,, I squished it around for a few minutes to get it saturated
  • Unfortunately, I'm not sure if there was a scent
  • Wear time was 25 minutes
  • After removing my skin felt hydrated and soft and moisturized
  • No lasting tackiness
  • I am in love with this line! I have one more for brightening I'm going to use, I haven't checked to see if it's still available,,, πŸ™πŸ™ I hope once I get through more masks, I'll be able to find more

@lmaster, I like the sound of this being easy to release the liquid into the other portion of the mask - these interactive masks can be a workout! πŸ˜‚ Yay for finding a mask you love! 

@itsfi I was shocked with how easy it was compared to the oozoo bears

Ohhhhh I love this concept @lmaster !  And a vote to repurchase is a strong sell!

This one was great, now I had the brightening yellow one as well, and the powder in that one was hard and crunchy,,, my fault though, it was close to expiration, clearly I waited too long,,, or some of the serum leaked in the powder, idk but you definitely have to be careful not to accidentally pop the serum portion until you're ready to use @missjeanie 

@lmaster I honestly don't know if I've used a powder pop mask before.  I'm gonna put this one in the 'masks to try' photo album!

@lmaster  Yay!! These always make me nervous. I am afraid to mix it wrong!!! Hopefully the brightening one is just as good. 

@ather this one, you don't have to guess at anything, you just pop the serum into the powder and squish! No measurements needed

@lmaster  Oh that’s easy peasy!! 

18,316 Replies
testing