Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi 

Screenshot_20231130-212747.png

I have not looked at my last mask yet to see if it has a hole in it, but if it does, something is suspicious ๐Ÿค”

omg @lmaster, if only this platform had sound to accompany my reply. There would have been a huuuuge intake of breath and a big gasp when I saw your pic. WHAT?!!!! Oh, definitely suss (as I think the kids are saying these days ๐Ÿ˜‚ or maybe they used to say it. If I know about it, it's probably something they used to say. I'm not current). I'm even more intrigued now. 

This could be a mystery caper for the masking thread, Inspector Lmaster!!! ๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ˜‰

scooby doo gif.jpg

@itsfi that word is fluent in my household ๐Ÿ˜‚ with two boys 8&9!! 

This sounds like a good one, @itsfi. Soft and supple are always nice results to have! Clarins is such an underrated brand IMO. They deserve more love!

Sheโ€™s a beauty @quspork! ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ’ฏ agree - Iโ€™ve been a fan of Clarins masks for some time but it seems like theyโ€™ve really upped their game (and potentially their marketing) of their skincare line simultaneously with their reformulations and repackaging. What Clarins products do you like or love?

@itsfi Love their Orange Extract face polish for a gentle physical exfoliant. And their body tonic is a nice oil to have on hand this time of year. Are there any other masks of their that you like?

@quspork, their SOS comfort mask (itโ€™s in a yellow tube) is a good one. The other two masks in the SOS series are good too but I like the comfort one best out of those three. I have another of their mask en route. Am excited to give it a try. This Clarins rabbit hole ๐Ÿ•ณ๏ธ is gonna be expensive! ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi This sounds absolutely lovely, the cooling sensation would be fantastic for a pick-me-up in the morning time. Thanks for sharing! โค๏ธ

That's true @QueenMarceline; I've been rushed to get out the door most mornings so I hadn't thought about using the Clarins in the morning but you're right, that cooling feeling would be a lovely. 

@itsfi I love that picture of the product. 

Thank you so much @Samtian! I'm pleased with it. It was a bit of a happy accident and the frame turned out better than I could have imagined. Sometimes that's the way it goes.

A little "me" time 

sc foot mask.jpg

Spoiler
The holiday edition of the Sephora Collection foot mask is something I purchase every year, usually in multiples - so I have a few for myself and several to include in care packages, as stocking stuffers, or for house guests during the holidays. This year was no exception. I first used this mask about a month ago (the photos are from that masking session but the performance and results this go around are pretty much the same. 

There's a lot to love about these foot masks - easy to use, quick (recommended wear time is 20 minutes, but there's enough serum in the packet for a longer wear, if desired or needed), and they perform beautifully. Usually, the hardest decision to be made is whether to just sit back, unwind and relax with them on, with a book or TV show; or, whether to put on a pair of socks so I can walk around the house and possibly do some chores. With Thanksgiving dinner complete, dishes done and most folks either watching the football game or doing some online shopping, I decided to go the relaxation route, with a pair of beauties secured to my ankles, a glass of wine on the side table, and my laptop open to the BIC forums. 

The cream inside these booties was evenly dispersed (yay!) and my skin drank up the moisturizing goodness in the 20 minutes I had on the foot mask. The only "cons" with these masks are minor - the pattern is always a fun one but this year's design isn't my favorite and it would be nice if they had a special scent for the holiday versions of these masks. It's all good though, as it is truly the results that count, and they were wonderful here! Whenever I see these results, I'm reminded that I need to be consistent with my use of these foot masks. So far, I've used them monthly. Fingers crossed that holds true and I reach for another one of these masks next month. 

SC Holiday foot mask 2.png
Results: Open the spoiler at your own risk! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
Spoiler
SC Holiday Foot Mask.png

SEPHORA COLLECTION Holiday Coconut Foot Mask is currently out of stock online (hopefully to be restocked) but there should be some still available at your local store. 

Wow!! @itsfi that's incredible for your feet!!

It did an amazing job @lmaster!

@itsfi These are probably my favorite type of foot mask SC produces. I hope they never get rid of this one, the discontinued Lavender was a great close second.

@QueenMarceline, sorry to hear they discontinued your lavender foot mask. I love these holiday versions - the foot mask sells out every year. Good news though is that the coconut flavor is available year round since it's part of the permanent line. No holiday print or packaging on it, but same great results. 

@itsfi I think the Coconut is the one that has been a staple since they made the masks, Lavender I believe was replaced with Cactus which is still nice but for some reason the Lavender gave a very nice cooling effect (at least for me) that I've yet to find a replacement for. Fingers crossed that Coconut is here to stay, because she is a STAR ๐ŸŒŸ

@itsfi Dang that is some incredible results! Holiday scents would be fun. I like these foot masks as well.

Right @Samtian?! I felt it was necessary to show the โ€œbeforeโ€ shot - it allows the โ€œafterโ€ photo to speak volumes! ๐Ÿ˜† 

What would get your vote for a holiday scent? 

@itsfi hmm good question. Mmm a mulled apple cider would be lovely. Oh yeah and pumpkin pie!! How about you? I mean there are plenty but I don't like the thoughts of them lol.

Oooh, I like your ideas @Samtian! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ apple cider or mulled wine would be fantastic!!! My first thought was apple cinnamon. Or thereโ€™s gingerbread cookies; sugar cookies; snow; peppermint bark (but I know you are not a fan of mint); orange and cloves; pomegranate; marshmallows. 

21,372 Replies
testing