Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Thank you @CynthieLu! This one would slot nicely into the โ€œnew discoveriesโ€ and โ€œfavorite masks of all timeโ€ themes at the end of the month. โ™ฅ๏ธ

@itsfi  This one sounds amazing!!

It was so good @ather; just what my skin needed. ๐Ÿ˜Š I like the ingredients list on this mask and it's hard to argue against a mask that soothes, hydrates and moisturizes the skin. Especially with winter dryness being a thing, this was perfect!

@itsfi  This sounds heavenly ๐Ÿ˜€

It was @Cissy63! It checked off so many boxes in terms of what I like in sheet masks. I wasn't sure I was doing the right thing picking up a pack of 5 masks that I'd never tried before but it turned out to be a good idea! ๐Ÿ’ก

I never think about sheet masks as being "creamy", @itsfi, but I'm intrigued...

@CookieGirl1, there are a few sheet masks Iโ€™ve used that have a richer serum, some just slightly more dense than your traditional essence and others more cream like. This one falls somewhere  in between. Great for this time of year. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

This sounds absolutely lovely, @itsfi!

My skin loved everything about this mask @quspork! ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi  Ooooh, this one sounds amazing! Hard to beat those results! ๐Ÿ™Œ I've never heard of this mask/brand, but you've definitely piqued my interest! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

This mask was my intro to the brand @Shosh85 and what a great intro! ๐Ÿฅฐ My skin really loved the feel and results of this mask. It left it feeling hydrated and moisturized which my skin really needs when itโ€™s cold out. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

Wow that sounds amazing @itsfi !!! Milky essence is my favorite consistency for mask serums - glad to hear this was super hydrating ! 

@Kim888, my skin loves the masks with the milky essences as well. Just so good for nourishing the skin. โค๏ธ Especially love ceramides this time of the year - keeps that skin barrier healthy and happy! 

V is for VT

@itsfi recently talked about this brand in a recent post of hers and it reminded me I needed to finally try this one! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

4ECE983A-5909-4A0D-B8BC-24780294FCFC.jpeg

Spoiler

VT Cosmetics Cica Moisture Mask

Material:

Thin cotton

Serum:

I little sudsy, watery and just a bit drippy

Scent:

Sort of leafy and bark-y. It wasn't too strong, but I could smell it the whole time the mask was on

Fit:

Just a smidge too long at the chin and a tiny bit too wide at the forehead

Wear Time:

Half hour

Tack:

Very light and only stuck around for a couple minutes

Results:

Soft and smooth skin that was nicely moisturized and hydrated. My skin tone looked more even.

Repurchase?

Yes, I really enjoyed the results from this one and love all the good ingredients!

2C1CA715-B9C5-4482-BB08-756F7325B8E6.jpeg

Leafy and barky ๐Ÿคฃ @Shosh85 yep I can imagine that,, glad you love it

Your description of the scent in this one is interesting @Shosh85. It reminds me of what a pile of fall leaves smell like. Not sure that would make a great scent for a face mask, but the ingredients seem like they certainly make up for it ๐Ÿ˜

@eshoe  I wouldn't say it's my favorite scent in the world - it wasn't bad, but wasn't good either. I feel like it was just the natural scent of the ingredients, so I'm ok with that. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yes, much better than a floral perfumed scent meant to mask the mask, @Shosh85. Cica is always a good one to have on hand, even if it is a little different โ˜บ๏ธ

always nice to find a great one @Shosh85 ! I think I've used this as well but I can't remember what I thought of it - cica is always good though!

@Kim888  Yeah, the more and more I mask, the harder it is to find one that impresses me! Cica is definitely one of my favorite skincare ingredients too and I love that this one has that, plus so much other great ingredients as well! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ahhhh, the INCI list on this one looks wonderful @Shosh85! VT does it again! ๐Ÿ’š Your description of the scent seems spot on given the ingredients. Interesting that you were able to smell it the entire time you had on the mask. Leafy I can do; I'm not sure about the bark scent though, especially if it's noticeable during the entire wear time. Hmmm... there's one way to find out. ๐Ÿ˜€

21,367 Replies
testing