Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Animal Print Masks - Lions 🦁, tigers 🐯, pandas 🐼, and bears 🐻, oh my! None other than the lovely @Shosh85 brings us this smile-worthy challengeπŸ˜„

Letter of the Week:  Q

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

Aww, thank you @quspork! 😊 I think pansies do well with the mild temps in SF. I can't say the same for the other flowers I'm working on; I can't seem to coax some of them to fully bloom. But I shall keep trying! 

This is the first I've seen elderflower as the main ingredient, too; not just in a sheet mask, but in skincare in general. This one is such a pretty mask, too. I forgot to include a pic in the original post. The thicker microfiber really lent itself to a cozy, comfy wear.

B - elderflower pic.jpg

@itsfi  

The camellia one sounds nice. Too bad about the stinging. Do you know what caused it?

@elleb810, I haven't been able to pinpoint what it was that caused the stinging. I have another one of the camellia masks so I will give it another try πŸ™‚; maybe when I know my skin is in top shape and is not sensitive.

@itsfi  

Wow. The chart is perfect. Makes it easy to find what you're looking for. Thanks for doing this.

Love your photos too. They're always so nice.

@missy94612, thank you! πŸ˜€ The chart makes it easy for me to see similarities and differences more quickly, especially if I don't use the masks I'm comparing close in time to one another.

@itsfi love seeing your comparisons!! I know I've used the elderberry and possibly the chamomile

Thank you @lmaster! πŸ€— The waffle material on that chamomile mask is first rate! πŸ’–

Well I didn’t use this while I was on the go, but I used it while cooking so I’m going to count it haha 

Spoiler
This is the Tata Face Point mask. So I didn’t realize until I opened it this was one of those masks with a bunch of small pieces you put on (like the slice ones). Im generally not a fan of these types of masks because I want my whole face to get the benefits of the mask, not just a few parts. Luckily, there was quite a lot of extra serum in there so I sort of rubbed that on first and then used the stickers. The mask was scentless and the pieces did adhere quite well to my skin while I was moving around. After, my skin felt hydrated and non tacky. Overall, I much preferred this to the slice ones, but I still like traditional masks better 

995F3677-075C-44C0-81FD-F6296DB9928F.jpeg

 

@Kim888 , super cute packaging.

@Kim888  I'm not a big fan of the slice masks either, but this one sounds better than most! Glad it turned out nice! πŸ˜ƒ

I'm not a big fan of the slice ones either, @Kim888 however I think they could be beneficial for shoulder/chest burns from the sun πŸ€”

@lmaster @Oh yes that’s a good idea! 

The mask sounds like a good one to use for spot treatments under a regular sheet mask, @Kim888. And more importantly, what were you cooking⏲πŸ₯˜πŸ˜‚

@eshoe nom nom - there were also some not pictured french fries haha 

857202E0-C82E-4FB4-A7CC-AFD14F800EED.jpeg

 

This looks delicious, @Kim888!

@Kim888  

My husband caught sight of your meal and now wants to know when we'll be having it. lol.

@missy94612 @lmaster 

its Flank steak sliced into a strip and rolled with marinated red peppers, spinach and sliced provolone. My parent’s butcher sometimes does them up but it’s fairly easy to just do 

@Kim888  

Thank you. Making my grocery list now. This'll be what's for dinner Friday night.

@Kim888 πŸ€€ now how do you cook this?? 

@lmaster @I just put it in the oven for 20-25 minutes (depending on how rare you like it) at 350. I did 22 minutes which was perfect medium rare. 

You do definitely need the cooking twine to hold it together when cooking 

@Kim888 ahhhh thank you thank you!! 😘

13,025 Replies