Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@itsfi  I was introduced to persimmon from a friend and I also loved them! I need to get one of those Voluspa candles! I love your photo itโ€™s beautiful!

@ather, theyโ€™re super tasty. This is a good reminder for me to be on the lookout for persimmon at the store or the farmers market in the next month or so. With covid and shelter in place, I usually just stick to a routine at the grocery store. 

This Voluspa saijo persimmon candle smells really good. ๐Ÿ˜ You know what else smells good? The lychee candle you sent me; I have it burning right now. Nice way to unwind after a Monday. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Awww, thank you. Youโ€™re always so kind! ๐Ÿค— 

@itsfi  Oh how I miss farmers markets ๐Ÿ˜ญ 

Iโ€™m so glad you are enjoying the candle I sent you!! Itโ€™s not super strong but still so nice! My son watches this show called the Bumble Nums and they make food and one is frozen lychee bubble tea. Every time I burn it I think about that silly show!

@ather, aww thatโ€™s cute. I had to look up Bumble Nums! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I like that the lychee candle has a softer throw to it. It wonโ€™t fill an entire room but you can smell it. Iโ€™ve been burning it on the side table when I read. ๐Ÿฅฐ

@itsfi   Wait those dried persimmons are for eating or for fragrance?  I saw the photo and thought they were decorative. 

@heartsmyface, the one on the tray are for eating. ๐Ÿ˜† Iโ€™ve definitely had better tasting ones. They donโ€™t usually look so dried out. Hmmm... ๐Ÿค” 

What a fun comparison, @itsfi! Your persimmon tea with ginger and cinnamon sounds delicious winter treat. It looks like all the masks worked out well, but the Troxederm in particular sounds like it gave some lovely results!

@quspork, the Troxederm mask was the newfound discovery from this little masking experiment. ๐Ÿ˜ 

@itsfi  Ya know, I've never eaten a persimmon before! I looked up a description of how they taste and it sounds pretty good! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ 
I've never seen/heard of the Troxederm mask, but it definitely sounds like one I'd like to try! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Good to know you liked the bubble mask! If you're gonna do a bubble mask, a half sheet is the best way the way to go!

@Shosh85, these are the persimmons Iโ€™m most familiar with: 

itsfi_0-1600095440843.jpeg

(photo from emiliemaynor (dot) com)

Here are other types:

itsfi_1-1600095559991.jpeg

(photo from highspringsorchard (dot) com)

@itsfi  wow I didnโ€™t realize there were different ones! Iโ€™ll have to look for the different variety! 

@ather, I only recently learned that there were all these types. For the longest time I thought the Saijo varietal was a mini or baby Haichiya. ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ Nice one, Fi! 

@itsfi  No way. I think itโ€™s totally understandable. Iโ€™m sure more specialty places would have more signs and information about the different types!! I know my mom was telling me thereโ€™s one thatโ€™s bigger and better for cooking with and one better for eating! But I never knew there was different types!

@itsfi   Oh I had no idea there were different  varieties. Iโ€™ve only ever seen the sheng ones.  I tried them once and wasnโ€™t a fan.  Iโ€™m wondering if I just didnโ€™t know how to choose one. 

@heartsmyface, what was it about the Sheng one that wasnโ€™t great? Texture? Taste? 

@Shosh85, persimmons are yummy! ๐Ÿ˜‹ A delicious fruit. Iโ€™ve baked / cooked with them as well but like eating them on their own most. The Hachiya persimmons can get messy fast because of how juicy and gooey the flesh is, so I usually keep a damp towel or napkin nearby. 

@itsfi  I had no idea there were so many different kinds! Which one is more commonly sold in grocery stores?

@Shosh85, I tend to see more of the fuyu persimmons in the grocery stores (theyโ€™re good on their own or in salads for a little crunch and sweetness). If thereโ€™s an Asian grocery store near you, theyโ€™ll likely have both. Iโ€™ve seen both at Whole Foods too. 

Not sure if farmerโ€™s markets are still a thing right now, but Iโ€™ve seen persimmons there as well! If I remember, you can eat them whole, peel and all? I made flan with the Fuyu ones, but never tried one on its own. Always good to log on here with a full tummy๐Ÿ˜„

@Shosh85 @eshoe I've always peeled them before eating. @ather, when you had persimmons, did you also peel before eating them?

The Fuyu varietal sometime has a seed in it. Farmer's markets are still going on here. They've extended the market by me by an extra block to help with social distancing between vendors and customers are not allowed to touch the products. Also there are designated lines for each vendor now, with marked spots for customers to stand, and masks are required. 

@itsfi  Yes I also peel mine. Thatโ€™s how my friend had them so I just copied her ๐Ÿคฃ

21,367 Replies
testing