Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe That was a good read ๐Ÿ˜„ Your masking night sounded so relaxing and calming ๐Ÿ’• Thank you for the descriptions for all the masks you used, I love how zen your mask journey is. Just accept and go with the flow of the mask, whatever the mask turns out to be โ˜ฎ๏ธ 

I had not thought of my mask journey in that way, @CynthieLu, but I like it! It is my favorite part of the evening, and something I always look forward to.  

@eshoe Ooh what a nice way to pamper yourself!

It was relaxing, @Samtian, and something I will probably do againโ€ฆand againโ€ฆand again ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@eshoe sounds like a wonderful making sesh!!

My skin was happy, @lmaster ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

@eshoe  Oh, everything here sounds so nice! The Honey Potion is definitely one of my most favorites! 
I've never tried that Creme Shop mask or the Hydro Peptide, but they both sound wonderful!

It's interesting that those things about masks don't bother you anymore! I don't think I've ever really been annoyed by tack or fit, the only thing that's ever really bothered me is the scent on a lot of them - and I don't think that'll change unless I start losing my sense of smell ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ‘ƒ

Well I certainly hope that you donโ€™t lose your sense of smell, @Shosh85! Thankfully most of TCS masks have either an innocuous or just โ€˜quietโ€™ scent. 

I am pretty sure that a couple of years ago, I would have been annoyed at the eye flaps and oversize on the bottom half of my face fit. I guess  my goal has shifted from โ€˜searching for the perfect maskโ€™ to โ€˜gifting my skin some loveโ€™ and so imperfections are warmly welcomed now โ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe  Sounds like a wonderful masking experience ๐Ÿ˜€

It was, @Cissy63! Having a skin care diary helps keep me on task, so I at least plan out the nightโ€™s masking before starting. That helps me use up samples, too ๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe Yay!   So glad you like them.  The spatula is so cute.

I love them both, @SportyGirly125. I have been using the lip scrub as often as I remember, sometimes even in the mornings. 

Momo Puri Milk Jelly Mask

Peach Ceramide Water and Lactobacillus Blend

20221210_085743_mh1670680789714.jpg

โ€ƒ

โ€ƒ

( warning this mask had a mildly strong ๐Ÿ‘ peach scent that lasted through the making session and lingered a little after)

INGREDIENTS:

Spoiler

Ingredients: water, glycerin, butylene glycol, alcohol, enterococcus faecalis, squalane, ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate, tocopherol, retinyl palmitate, panthenol, sodium hyaluronate, arachis hypogaea (peanut) oil, biosaccharide gum-1, phytosteryl glucoside/glucosylceramide, citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit extract, prunus persica (peach) leaf extract, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, polyglyceryl-10 isostearate, sodium oleate, xanthan gum, diglycerin, bis-ethoxydiglycol cyclohexane 1,4-dicarboxylate, menthol, polyglyceryl-5 laurate, potassium hydroxide, hydrogenated lecithin, disodium EDTA, methylparaben, fragrance, cyanocobalamin 

SERUM: A little thick, this serum was milky and kept the mask hydrated the entire session. It absorbed well after patting it in, with a little tackyness after. (that did disappear about an hour or so after)

There was not alot of serum left over in the packet( booo I love the extras ๐Ÿ˜‹)

MASK: With a few snips it fit about as well as most sheet masks, it adhered well to my face and stayed in place the entire time. 

RESULTS: My skin was shiny,glowy and very well hydrated.  My skin loves ceramides and I would happily wear this again ๐Ÿ’• 

โ€ƒ

Oh, this sounds like a great one, @CynthieLu! Have you tried any others from this brand?

Nooo I haven't @quspork but I'm so curious too ๐Ÿ˜

@CynthieLu 

This is a popular for one. One of my daughters loves the entire brand.

I was researching them, I think they have a whole peach line ๐Ÿคฉ @minathayes 

@CynthieLu Ooh sounds like a winner for sure!

Oh yes, that glowy skin after was a really happy surprise ๐Ÿคฉ @Samtian a huge winner!๐Ÿ† 

@CynthieLu I'm all about that peach scent!! Sounds like a keeper

Mee tooo, yum! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ @lmaster I think this one was all around fabulous ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ‘

21,367 Replies
testing