Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Lila12345678 sounds like lovely results

This mask sounds like type of hydration refresher we could all use this time of year, @Lila12345678! I also had to take a peek at Deauville Boutique, looks like they have some excellent masks ( ๐Ÿ’– Yon-Ka). Thank you for sharing, and introducing me to a new place to shop for masks ๐Ÿ˜Š

@eshoe 

I ordered from them 3 times and I always had a good experience. Processing + shipping time were fast. I buy my haircare there (Davines products).

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

A few of us on the nails thread, @ather @caitbird, have been working on growing our nails and making them healthier. For a while, mine were suffering from breakage and peeling, but have since become stronger and are getting longer. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

During the holiday, I remembered I was gifted this Life Brands Cuticle and Nails Mask - Nourishing (Lemon Oil & Vitamin E) and thought it was a good time to put them to use. I've used finger masks like this before, but not from this brand. 

Life Cuticile & Nail Mask.jpeg

Finger masks.jpg

There's a subtle, very light, lemon scent that is pleasant and refreshing. It contains, among other ingredients, glycerin, lemon oil, vitamin E and various citrus extracts to soften and moisturize your cuticles. Instructions recommend keeping these nail masks on for 5-10 minutes though you can keep them on longer if you'd like. I lost track of time and had them on for about 15, maybe 20, minutes. 

After removing the masks and massaging in the remaining essence, I felt that my cuticles and the skin around my nails were lightly moisturized and more soft, so that's a check โ˜‘๏ธ for the mask's claims. These are fun for some specialized attention and TLC for the cuticles. It would make a nice pairing with a sheet mask.

These are especially fun masks, @itsfi. Nice that they are longer than some others to give more of your skin some pampering! 

@itsfi  ooo these are interesting! Iโ€™ve never seen a finger mask before? I like this idea! Really good way to make sure your fingertips are getting all the special care! 

@ather, these were really nice. Years back, maybe around the time the mask thread first started, the Le Mini Macaron brand had a couple of flavors of cuticle and fingernail masks. I don't think they make them anymore. The packaging was super cute  it was ice cream shaped. I first thought they were just for fun, but these really work wonders. You said it best - special care masking! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sounds lovely! @itsfi 

@lmaster, oh, they were; just what my fingernails needed.

BCL Saborino peach.jpg

Spoiler
I've been moving more to multi-mask packs - I still use, and will continue to use, individual sheet masks - but have been spending some time trying out different mask packs. I've tried several different variations of the Saborino mask packs; there are two types - ones geared for morning use and ones marketed for evening use. 

My preference has been for the evening mask packs from this line - the morning versions contain menthol and while that is probably a great ingredient in the morning to wake up the skin and user, it's too much for me. The nighttime versions I've tried so far do not contain a menthol scent. 

I'm happy to share that the BCL Saborino Good Night Melting Fruits Mask does not contain a menthol scent. I'm even happier to share that it contains a lovely peach scent. It's sooo good. It's not 100% peach but definitely peachy. 

Like many multi-mask packs, the sheet in these are on the smaller side, but is piable and can stretch to fit many face shapes and sizes. The openings for the eyes and mouth are on the narrower side, but not so narrower as to be restricting for my facial features and because the material is stretchy, it can be adjusted for a more comfortable fit

These sheets are surprisingly more saturated than other packs from the brand. Surprising because I did not turn over the pack (to let the essence make their way to the top sheets) like I normally do and these still did not dry out after 10 minutes of use (recommended wear time is โ€‹1 minute). My skin felt hydrated and bouncy. These are definite winners and are no longer a forgotten wonder. Thanks so much for this theme @missjeanie - it made me look deep into my stash. This is one I would repurchase once I make my way through all 28 sheets.

@itsfi awesome!! Sounds like your skin is happy ๐Ÿ˜Š

@lmaster, it still has its moments but overall, but it's gotten better. Skincare, masking, it's a journey, and a work in progress.

Not forgotten but definitely a wonder! Clarins Cryo-Flash Instant Lift Effect & Glow Boosting Face Mask 2.5 oz / 75 g tones, tightens and tackles time in ten minutes, all with a lovely cooling sensation that lasts long after the pale mint gel cream is tissued off, leaving skin feeling more hydrated, supple and slightly more taut. ๐Ÿ’—

Clarins cryo mask (MOTW).jpg

Clarins cryo mask.jpg

This jar will last me a while but it is one that I would repurchase once I make my way through it. And now, off to pull out and set on my counter a couple of masks for @missjeanie marvelous forgotten wonders theme! 

@itsfi oh I agree, this one is a winner!! It was in my November favorites too ๐Ÿ˜„ 

I also wanted to let you know I tried another one of the SEPHORA COLLECTION Hot Cocoa Face Mask 1 mask / pack and guess what, this one had a playdough scent to it,,, guess what else I found out, there was a tiny pin poke hole in it. I'm not sure if the hole lead to the scent smelling off, I'd be curious if yours happened to have a hole in it that went undetected, or somehow was exposed to the air before we actually opened it, either way super disappointed 

Yaaaay! We're mask twinsies @lmaster! How often are you using the Clarins cryo mask?

Oh noooooo!!! You picked up the playdoh smell?!! Grrrr!! I was holding out hope that I just got a dud! Ugh. Okay, I'll pull my other one out and try it. Wait, what?!! There was a pin poke hole in the mask?! Do you remember where you saw it? Lemme know when you get a chance and I'll take a look. 

@itsfi I'm using it about 2-3 x a week, my skin feels softer and softer the more I use it ๐Ÿ™Œ 

I'm going to do my photos for my empties tomorrow and I'll pull it out, I actually think my other one has a hole in it as well. 

I'll lyk and take a pic of the hole so you can see it

@itsfi 

Screenshot_20231130-212747.png

I have not looked at my last mask yet to see if it has a hole in it, but if it does, something is suspicious ๐Ÿค”

omg @lmaster, if only this platform had sound to accompany my reply. There would have been a huuuuge intake of breath and a big gasp when I saw your pic. WHAT?!!!! Oh, definitely suss (as I think the kids are saying these days ๐Ÿ˜‚ or maybe they used to say it. If I know about it, it's probably something they used to say. I'm not current). I'm even more intrigued now. 

This could be a mystery caper for the masking thread, Inspector Lmaster!!! ๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ˜‰

scooby doo gif.jpg

@itsfi that word is fluent in my household ๐Ÿ˜‚ with two boys 8&9!! 

This sounds like a good one, @itsfi. Soft and supple are always nice results to have! Clarins is such an underrated brand IMO. They deserve more love!

Sheโ€™s a beauty @quspork! ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ’ฏ agree - Iโ€™ve been a fan of Clarins masks for some time but it seems like theyโ€™ve really upped their game (and potentially their marketing) of their skincare line simultaneously with their reformulations and repackaging. What Clarins products do you like or love?

21,367 Replies
testing