Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Thank you @Samtian๐Ÿ˜Š I don't use a sheet mask every day any more so it's interesting to me to see how frequently (or infrequently) I use a mask. Curious to know what 2023 will look like as my skin continues to go through changes and adjustments. 

@itsfi 

100% agree on pausing. The mug is super adorable!

Happy holidays maskers. Happy New Year too!

@nuinui933, it's a good thing to give yourself a "time out" every once in a while. Oh, thank you. The mug is from Pier 1; how I miss that store. ๐Ÿ˜ž 

@itsfi 

How do you keep track of  your masks? Do you use a spreadsheet? 

@missy94612, in my early days, I kept a spreadsheet with notes on each mask I used. Nowadays, it's a combination of a journal / notebook and a spreadsheet. Or, sometimes my phone if I'm traveling.

@itsfi 

Both of those sound like great ways to keep track of masks.

Well said @itsfi ๐Ÿฉท Cheers! ๐Ÿฅ‚ to another amazing year of sharing the love face masks with everyone here ๐Ÿ’•  

This brand is intriguing @itsfi I've never heard of a snail hair mask ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I'm like ooooh that could be nice!

@CynthieLu, thank you. I had the same reaction when I first caught sight of a snail mucin hair mask! โ€œOoooh!โ€ ๐Ÿคฉ That hair mask also contained keratin and the combination worked out really well. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ So well that I repurchased it and eventually picked up a full size. ๐Ÿ˜Š 

@itsfi this mask sounds incredible!! I'm impressed with your number of masks!!

@lmaster, thank you! This really was a great mask. Lots of hydration. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Iโ€™ve been masking less this year than I have in past years. It will be interesting to see what 2023 looks like. 

This is from last week's masking - for special occasions masking, my husband and I will mask from head to toe - hair mask, face mask and sheet mask and hand and foot masks. We're mainly using masks that we've been been blessed to receive as gifts as well as masks we've picked up in packs of 5 or 10 and that's meant lots of repeats - man, that TJ Maxx can make it hard to just stick to a few masks every time I go in, but it looks like we're making some headway with finishing up some packs. This one was a new one.

glove masks.PNG

HE SAID: The stuff inside was squishy, but good. Couldn't really do much when I had these on but I guess that's probably the purpose of the masking and down time. 

SHE SAID: These were fine; nothing standout but decent - good for this time of the year; my hands are so dry in the winter.

@missy94612  Oh my gosh, I love that your husband called it "squishy!" ๐Ÿ˜‚ Sounds like you both had a wonderful masking session! honey and almond definitely sound like a great combo! ๐Ÿฏ

@Shosh85 

His commentary on sheet masks is pretty funny. I only include small soundbites. He keeps our daughter entertained by saying things like "squishy." We'll sometimes let her use one of those Kocostar slice masks or a sheet mask meant for young kids and he gives her a list of things to "review" about the mask - "level of squishy" is one of those reviewing points. LOL! 

@missy94612  Oh my gosh that is adorable! Love that he makes custom review questions and makes it fun for her! He definitely wins the awesome daddy award!

I personally don't care for the Kokostar slices, but they are SO great for kids! I bought a bunch packs once, each with different fruits, for my niece when she was having a sleepover awhile ago and her and her friends all did some mixing of them and made "smoothie faces" ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@missy94612 so sweet you both had a head to toe masking sesh 

@missy94612  Love that he said it was squishy and couldnโ€™t do much! So cute!

@ather 

He says the funniest thing when I ask him his thoughts for these review posts. 

@missy94612  This sounds moisturizing with honey in the serum ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@missy94612 mmm honey and almond sounds like a win to me!

Hand masks are so good in the winter, @missy94612

@missy94612 @Head to toe masking always feels like a treat for me too! Sounds like this was solid hit nothing amazing. I like that with the Sephora ones you can still swipe on your phone ! 

21,372 Replies
testing