cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

34814C30-8453-4F11-B503-B8290A8D2FAB.gif

Welcome to the 2022 Mask of the Week Challenge! We love hearing about every masking experience, on or off-theme, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Masks that would make a great Band Name 🎸πŸ₯πŸŽΆ - many thanks to the beautiful @PrettyPaint for the imaginative and fun challenge!

Letters of the Month: Q - V

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge:
Current Thread (Archived Schedule Below)

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@quspork  Neon green wow such a fun mask colour!! Too bad the final cream was too thick maybe its better for the colder months?

For me it would probably still be too much, @ather but for those with dry skin, it might work a bit better!

Super pretty packaging! @quspork wonder if they just sell this particular mask by itself

@lmaster @quspork, I would be on board with the brand selling the sheet masks from their masks packs separately. πŸ‘πŸΌ 

β€œDear JayJun . . .”

Now that I could get behind, @itsfi @lmaster. If it was just the mask itself it'd almost certainly go on the purchase list. With the other stuff, it's an eh, maybe for a good sale.

@quspork, I did a JayJun 3-step mask the other night and the sheet mask was also the best part of the 3-step system. 

A popular brand choice for multi-step week @itsfi πŸ˜‚

@quspork I'm glad you enjoyed the maskβ€”well, step 2 anyway! 

I had planned to use this and other 3-step JayJun masks this week, though there's usually at least one step of them I can't use. This particular one's not new to me, so I know what you mean about the fun green sheet. πŸ™‚ 

The green was a fun little surprise, @WinglessOne

@quspork  A fun green mask with pretty packaging sure makes a nice touch! Glad at least the mask turned out great! πŸ˜ƒ

I looked like an alien with the mask on, @Shosh85 but the mask itself seemed worth it!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

My masking from last night. I'm not using this Cryo mask for the multi step theme since it only has two steps, but I'm using it for I = Irritating. Irritating not because the rubber mask was a pain to keep in place on my face, but because this sadly irritated my skin β˜ΉοΈ These Dr. Jart masks have great reviews so I was excited to try. My cheeks and chin were red and I could feel it after 15 minutes. I couldn't leave this mask on for the 30-40 minutes it said to.

My go-to mask for when this happens is the First Aid Beauty FAB Pharma Arnica Relief & Rescue Mask 3.4 oz/ 96.4 g . R for Relief and Rescue. Soothes and calms redness almost instantly for me. I use a generous amount and leave it for 15 minutes then massage into my skin before bed. My skin is back to normal this morning.

Oh no, that's too bad about the Dr. Jart+ mask, @ladyassassin!! I've only tried the older formulations, but I'll be wary now of this yellow brightening one. I do love the FAB mask, it is excellent!! 

I have a DS of the FAB, and agree, it’s a nice calming mask @ladyassassin. Thankfully you had it on hand to help ease the results of the Dr. Jart!

@ladyassassin I really don't care for those Dr jart masks personally, sorry it was so irritating

@ladyassassin  It's too bad you experienced irritation, but I'm glad the FAB mask could help out! I've heard the scent on the FAB isn't the greatest - I'm curious, what do you think it smells like?

@Shosh85 that's a good question! It's hard to describe th...

@Shosh85 that's a good question! It's hard to describe the smell, which I think is very faint and not a bad smell at all. Almost smells a bit minty in the tube, but disappears when applied to the skin. Hard to describe what that smell is though 😜

Re: @Shosh85 that's a good question! It's hard to describe th...

@ladyassassin  Good to know! Thanks! πŸ˜ƒ

Re: @Shosh85 that's a good question! It's hard to describe th...

@Shosh85 agreeing with @ladyassassin here. I am very sensitive to scents, and I find that this mask has almost no scent and what it does have, it isn't too irritating/overpowering/bad.

That's a shame the Dr. Jart didn't agree with your skin, @ladyassassin. Glad to hear the FAB mask helped with that though. 

Oh no @ladyassassin! I am so sorry to hear the mask irritated your skin. Ugh 😩. Good you had that FAB mask on hand - I’ve heard good things about it! 

17,528 Replies
testing