Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi I wonder how they compare to the others ones they used to have.

Me too @Samtian! Based on the description, it seems like they are similar in consistency to the original version that came in the pods. I had mixed results with the original version depending on which one I used. There's a part of me that wonders if at some point Sephora will also make a sleeping mask in a cream version.

@itsfi  Yes! A cream version would be wonderful! ๐Ÿคž @Samtian 

@itsfi That would be interesting!

They are listed as out of stock. Maybe just listed that way in Canada? @itsfi 

@l8totheparty, it may be a timing issue? Or a glitch? I wasn't able to search for the lip sleeping mask earlier this morning (it said the product didn't exist) even though I was able to pull it up earlier the previous day. 

Masking with mad skin, annual winter editionโ„๏ธ:

45A94CC0-C5FC-4203-B73E-BC9E68D9B47D.jpeg

Spoiler
It has become a tradition now (three years running) to encounter angry, red and sensitive skin this time of year. Next year, I will be better prepared and not use too many enzymatic cleansers. Itโ€™s always something different. Based on what I had read, I thought enzymes acted differently than exfoliants, this my skin could not be damaged by frequent use (3-6x a week). Thankfully after a few days/nights of using only micellar water to cleanse, things are getting back to normal. In the meantime, here is the very quiet masking I did last night. These are some of my comfort masksโ˜บ๏ธ

There were a couple of BICers discussing drugstore lip scrubs. I think @missjeanie may have been one? The Fizz and Bubble Lip Scrub is a gentle yet does the job option. The granules are plenty but tiny, and completely rinse off with no sticky residue. Plus the Birthday Cake flavor has sprinkles! How can you go wrong with those๐Ÿ˜‚F4D60110-829D-4039-B952-277EAC754833.jpeg

The REN Clean Skincare Evercalmโ„ข Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL is no frills and never irritates. It is a must to have on have for times like this, when I really want to mask, but know that my skin needs something extra-gentle. The Glossier Birthday Balm dot com is more comfort than anything else. Reminds me of vanilla buttercream. Iโ€™m not a huge fan of the consistency, it feels a bit gritty (always has), and doesnโ€™t last as long as Laneige or Bite. But it is incredibly enjoyable to use for the scent alone!

Speaking of comfort, the Jayjun Green Tea Eye Gels do just that. @WinglessOne gave me a little nudge when talking these up, and I already loved the Rose, so it was an easy choice. I have a backup for these soothing (albeit slippery) eye gels. Itโ€™s surprising just how much serum is in the jar the closer you get to the bottom, too.

Finally, Origins Night-A-Mins (without the AHAโ€™s) is a bedside pick-me-up when Iโ€™m awake at 2-3 AM. Gives my cheeks some added love as they become painfully dry in the winter. I donโ€™t see this version anywhere, including Origins site. I will likely switch to the Origins Drink Upโ„ข Intensive Overnight Hydrating Face Mask with Avocado & Swiss Glacier Water 2.5 oz/... as I donโ€™t feel a difference between the two; both are rich, have pleasant scents, and absorb quickly (so no pillow transfer!).

@eshoe  Awe, sorry to hear your skin is acting up! Glad to see you've got some great pampering products to help you out ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Both the balm and the scrub sound yummy and definitely seems like a perfect pair! ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

@Shosh85 I guess that is why itโ€™s good to have a variety of masks on hand! I forgot that I also used the Honey Bear from the Briogeo Merry Multi-Masking Kit ft. Donโ€™t Despair Repair Deep Conditioning Honey Bear Hair Mask as well. Always a silver lining โ˜๏ธ โ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe  Sorry about your angry skin! Those eye gels look fantastic!!

Awwww thank you @PrettyPaint! The eye gels are on repeat tonight. There are ways around irritated skin, and this is only one of them:)

@eshoe the lip scrub sounds devine!!

It is yummy, @lmaster! And just right scrubbies (I think, might not be everyoneโ€™s cup of tea!)not too harsh, but enough to feel the exfoliating.

@eshoe lip scrubs that say to wash off make me sad. Especially with a name like birthday cake.

You crack me up, @Samtian. Have you tried the Lush lip scrub? I think it might be my favorite. Super scrub!

@eshoe mmm that sounds yummy, I have not. But I also have like 10 I need to go through before I get more haha.

The Fizz and Bubble lip scrub just looks so festive and fun, @eshoe 

Itโ€™s one of those products that just makes me happy to use, @quspork. We all need a few of those from time to timeโ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe   That birthday cake scrub looks sooo good!  I wish it came in stick form cause I dont reach for scrubs in pots if I have a stick scrub available.   

If it could be properly expelled from a tube, that would be even better for me, @heartsmyface. Sara Happ has a few in that type of packaging but the granules tend to separate from the balmy stuff. 

@eshoe  I wasnโ€™t talking about scrubs but Iโ€™m game to! I actually was looking at ultas lip scrubs the other day and talked myself down after seeing that I had a half dozen open.  On thรฉ drugstore front Iโ€™ve been loving the cocokind balm! Iโ€™m thinking Iโ€™ll need retail therapy after tomorrow and might place a shoppers drug mart order. Any other scrubs you like from the drugstore? I donโ€™t think they carry the fizz n bubbles there....but dang if sprinkles doesnโ€™t sound perfect! 

21,372 Replies
testing