Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

If you havenโ€™t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar that give your skin the perfect AM glow! Another nod to @keana1 for this weekโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

Letter of the Week:  M

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi, wow, your chart is awesome. The waffle material sounds interesting.

@nuinui933, thank you! I like charts. ๐Ÿ˜† Easy to read; lol. The waffle material on the Facetory Chamomile sheet mask was wonderful. 

@itsfi thank you for sharing this comparison! It was really informative! I've only tried one version but I really liked it so I may look into others (though it sees like the one I tried was the best one haha) 

@Kim888, you're welcome; glad it was informative. I've kept my sheet mask notes on a spreadsheet in the past and it makes it easy to read/follow. You picked the right one to try. The material on that chamomile mask is a nice one; the best of the bunch, in my mind.

@itsfi  I haven't tried this line of masks, so it's good to have comparisons! The Chamomile and Camellia definitely sound like winners! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, it's been a while since I've used a mask from Facetory; I liked the variety in sheet mask material in this dream garden collection, but there were definitely standouts among the different varietals. I'd like to see a cream serum version within this line. ๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜

What a great comparison, @itsfi. I would have expected the Biocellulose to be the winner here, but that doesnโ€™t seem to be the case. I have been contemplating these, and you have cleared the air of any questions I may have had. Also, your pansies are beautiful๐Ÿ’—

@eshoe, I thought the biocellulose mask would come in higher than it did. Maybe I'm getting more finicky about biocellulose masks; I've noticed that the notes I take on them tend to be the shortest set of notes compared to the other type of mask material. Hmmm...๐Ÿค” Thank you; the pansies have been low maintenance, which I am sure is the reason they are doing well. ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Your flowers are gorg, @itsfi. I'm a little jealous of your gardening skills! 

This is a great comparison of this line. I don't think I've ever come across elderflower as a central mask focus before. They all sound really interesting! 

Aww, thank you @quspork! ๐Ÿ˜Š I think pansies do well with the mild temps in SF. I can't say the same for the other flowers I'm working on; I can't seem to coax some of them to fully bloom. But I shall keep trying! 

This is the first I've seen elderflower as the main ingredient, too; not just in a sheet mask, but in skincare in general. This one is such a pretty mask, too. I forgot to include a pic in the original post. The thicker microfiber really lent itself to a cozy, comfy wear.

B - elderflower pic.jpg

@itsfi  

The camellia one sounds nice. Too bad about the stinging. Do you know what caused it?

@elleb810, I haven't been able to pinpoint what it was that caused the stinging. I have another one of the camellia masks so I will give it another try ๐Ÿ™‚; maybe when I know my skin is in top shape and is not sensitive.

@itsfi  

Wow. The chart is perfect. Makes it easy to find what you're looking for. Thanks for doing this.

Love your photos too. They're always so nice.

@missy94612, thank you! ๐Ÿ˜€ The chart makes it easy for me to see similarities and differences more quickly, especially if I don't use the masks I'm comparing close in time to one another.

@itsfi love seeing your comparisons!! I know I've used the elderberry and possibly the chamomile

Thank you @lmaster! ๐Ÿค— The waffle material on that chamomile mask is first rate! ๐Ÿ’–

Well I didnโ€™t use this while I was on the go, but I used it while cooking so Iโ€™m going to count it haha 

Spoiler
This is the Tata Face Point mask. So I didnโ€™t realize until I opened it this was one of those masks with a bunch of small pieces you put on (like the slice ones). Im generally not a fan of these types of masks because I want my whole face to get the benefits of the mask, not just a few parts. Luckily, there was quite a lot of extra serum in there so I sort of rubbed that on first and then used the stickers. The mask was scentless and the pieces did adhere quite well to my skin while I was moving around. After, my skin felt hydrated and non tacky. Overall, I much preferred this to the slice ones, but I still like traditional masks better 

995F3677-075C-44C0-81FD-F6296DB9928F.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Kim888 , super cute packaging.

@Kim888  I'm not a big fan of the slice masks either, but this one sounds better than most! Glad it turned out nice! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I'm not a big fan of the slice ones either, @Kim888 however I think they could be beneficial for shoulder/chest burns from the sun ๐Ÿค”

@lmaster @Oh yes thatโ€™s a good idea! 

12,508 Replies