Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Masking with tir a mi su and ice cream and prosecco... @itsfi it's like you just get me. 

Hahaha @missjeanie! I must say, you have excellent taste! ๐Ÿ˜ Just you wait though, I have another yummy one from last week that I still need to post about. So much catching up...

Ohhhh didn't know about these masks @itsfi 

@lmaster, I only discovered them late last year! They seem to have a new collection out as well that I might take a closer look into later in the spring. My across the board "no-buy" (well, except for food!) has been completed but I had planned on keeping to a sheet mask no-buy through March, just to get the stash down a smidge further. We'll see how that goes. 

How yummy @itsfi , it all sounds like a perfect day! ๐Ÿ˜‹ I bet the mask is very nice ! ๐Ÿฅ‚and on your no- buy too! 

Thank you @Sunnysmom! And thank you again for help with the theme. ๐Ÿค— Looking back, I probably should have devoted more time trying different proseccos and gelato flavors... you know, to make sure I picked the right one. Hahaha! I'll practice more next time. ๐Ÿคฃ

Ahhh, the no buy. I'm assuming the spring sale will be next month so I'm going to try to continue to be good this month, especially with the masks, rinse off and sheet masks alike. I'm almost finished with a jar of my moisturizer so another is on its way. ๐Ÿ›

Tags:

Well @itsfi no one says the testing was a one time thing ๐Ÿ˜ฌ. You can do it this month too! You got this! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป๐Ÿฅฐ

Yum, tiramisu gelato and prosecco, @itsfi!!

It made for an excellent pairing @haleyvvvv! ๐Ÿ˜‹

Another from last week's focus on hyaluronic acid.

Collage - Wellage HA.png

Wellage Real Hyaluronic Bio Capsule Kit has intrigued me since I first laid eyes on the packet, which was probably over a year ago now; pre-covid. I'm happy that I'm getting to a place in my mask stash that I'm reaching for more recently purchased masks more frequently. ๐Ÿ˜

Spoiler
What Is It? This treatment includes two parts - (1) a freeze-dried hyaluronic acid capsule and (2) a blue-tinted watery solution that has the consistency of an essence. It's been said that freeze-drying the hyaluronic acid allows for a more concentrated hyaluronic acid pill, the idea being that the freeze-drying method allows you to remove any excess water needed  for hyaluronic acid serums. The pill in this kit is said to contain 900,000 ppm hyaluronic acid. 

How Do You Use It?   
(1) Completely peel back the foil backing of the round container holding the hyaluronic acid pill. Leave the pill in the container, but make sure that the container is sitting on a flat, level / even surface. 

(2) Carefully open the solution packet and pour the essence (which has a very faint herbal scent) into the container holding the hyaluronic acid pill. The pill will dissolve upon contact. There's no need to mix the two together. I had my mini spatula on hand to check and nope, it dissolves instantly and completely on its own. 

(3) (a) Pour the mixed solution into a cupped palm, (b) rub your palms together to distribute the solution into both palms, and then (c) press and/or pat the solution onto your face. With step 3, you can pour the entire solution into your hand at once, or, you can split it into 2 or 3 pours, and press it into the skin in layers, similar to the 7-skin method that was popular a few years ago. My skin has historically responded well to the layering approach so that's how I applied this product. Alternatively, you could also pour the mixture onto a cotton pad and swipe it across your face, as you might with a toner. 

Performance & Results:  This seems to me to be an interactive, multi-step toner / essence step, though perhaps with a more concentrated solution. Initial impression is that this is ... interesting.  I'm withholding final judgment on this one until I put it to a longer test. It's not bad at all. The solution absorbed quickly and easily into my skin, initially leaving an ever so subtle tacky-to-the-touch feel that pretty much dissipates completely once fully absorbed. My skin feels hydrated and looks fresh and brightened, awake. 

Thoughts / Feelings? This is a treatment I'd be interested in using for a longer period of time. I see that there is a 10-day kit and that seems like a good amount of time to test out the product. I may pick up a 10-day set of this or another varietal. I can see this being a substitute for some for sheet masking, as it is less of a time commitment. I'm not sure yet about the results compared to using a sheet mask.It might also be a substitute for the essence step, and seemingly with a more potent solution, though a little more work is involved with this kit. 

Other Information: There are 3 other varietals of this type - one focused on a centella asiatica solution targeting redness and blemishes (white and green packaging), another with what appears to be a collagen-based solution with anti-aging claims (white and brown packaging), and a vitamin centered version aimed at toning and brightening (white and pink packaging). 

@quspork @keana1 after you've had an opportunity to give this set (or the 10-day kit) a go, I'd be very interested in hearing about your experience with the product. 

Hello there @itsfi ! Iโ€™ve been using these Wellage products occasionally since last October ( back then, I was unable to post ). I donโ€™t mind the extra step of mixing the blue serum with the freeze-dried HA. I like the extra hydration these provide especially when itโ€™s cold outside and the air is very dry ( perfect for Canadian winters and my dry skin ). Sometimes I donโ€™t use the blue capsule after micro needling ( it contains disodium EDTA ( preservative ) and I dilute the HA with the Benton Snail Bee High Content Skin toner/essence ( doesnโ€™t contain EDTA ) and this combo works very well together. I havenโ€™t tried the Collagen version yet but Iโ€™ll let you know when I do. The Cica version sounds great but I donโ€™t have it. The Vitamin version doesnโ€™t really speak to me, the ingredients are rather basic and I personally donโ€™t think itโ€™s worth it. ๐Ÿ˜

@keana1!!! You can post!!!! ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ™Œ Great to see you!! Oh, I hadn't thought of mixing the HA with an essence or toner. Good point. Making a note of that fabulous rec!

I'm finding this so interesting @itsfi .  Some days I'm all in for the extra 'work'/'science experiment' but others I'm just like ... nope. can't do it. lol

Same @missjeanie, same! ๐Ÿ˜  Some days the effort is the bare minimum, and masking of any kind takes a back seat to other things. 

I too am upping my HA @itsfi I've been a slacker 

Ooooh @lmaster, are you upping the HA - ante with serums? Sheet masks? Both? Other products with HA? 

@itsfi mainly serums, I literally need to bathe in HA ๐Ÿคฃ

I hear ya @lmaster! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I pulled out more hydrators this past weekend - my HA serums as well as products with other hydrating ingredients 

Intriguing product (but a fair bit of work), @itsfi. I'd be interested to hear about the cica one if you get a chance to try it.

@haleyvvvv, Iโ€™ll be sure to post about the Cica version of this solution when I use it.  With spring coming, my allergies will undoubtedly come with it (yay me!) so Iโ€™m sure there will be plenty of moments when my skin will need some soothing from centella asiatica. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

A 10-day trial of this sounds like an absolute must, @itsfi. Although I imagine any benefits would not outlast that time period by much. But 900k ppm? It is almost 100% HA...it sounds like if it worked as good as it does in theory, it would be an incredible โ€˜special occasionโ€™ must. Adding to my list.

21,372 Replies
testing