Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Animal Print Masks - Lions 🦁, tigers 🐯, pandas 🐼, and bears 🐻, oh my! None other than the lovely @Shosh85 brings us this smile-worthy challengeπŸ˜„

Letter of the Week:  Q

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@ather I will! 🀣

@ather @itsfi oohhhhhh Jem!!!! When I was little I actually named one of my dogs Roxy πŸ˜‚ 

Love that @lmaster @ather!

@lmaster  That’s awesome!!! 

Aww! How’s the little man liking the 80s cartoons @ather? All those shows are bringing me back to childhood! 😍 I almost forgot about Gummi Bears! Jem and the Holograms!!! @lmaster 

@itsfi  He seems to like them! But he doesn’t watch a ton of tv so I think any tv time is nice for him 

@lmaster, I do love the developments in animation and graphics especially in films but I agree with you, something special about toys and cartoons from the 80s! πŸ˜‰ 

@itsfi @ather @

Screenshot_20200713-125546.png

 loved this one

Screenshot_20200713-125624.png

 noozles 😍

Screenshot_20200713-125655.png

 stormy, pizzaz and Roxy

@lmaster  So many great memories!!!

I like the milk jug packaging on that mask @itsfi but it...

I like the milk jug packaging on that mask @itsfi but it would be berry hard to store! (ha I'm such a hoot today) my 3 pack of lanolips comes this week! πŸ“

Re: I like the milk jug packaging on that mask @itsfi but it...

Hahaha @sonnydeeπŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ The milk carton packaging was what drew me in. I’d like to say that it was the ingredients list that sealed the deal but I really picked it up because I wanted to see if it smelled like strawberry milk. 😝 I’ll stick with them because both steps are good. 

I’m so excited your Lanolips trio set will be here soon! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on them. 

Masking Hacks 

Excellent: Invisibobble & my Oaui Γ— Summer Fridays headband; masking schedule 

Okay: Cosmedix roller (for sheet type masks) 

Meh: SC mask holder

Spoiler

20200712_003520~2.jpg20200628_013451~2.jpg20200712_004414~2.jpg20200712_004630~2.jpg

B & Y 

Better Use Your Sheets Masks Before Expiration 

I was up late working quite a few nights this week and on a few of them I decided to do a sheet mask in bed rather than a rinse off one. 

I tried two: TCFS Pumpkin 24k Gold Mask and I Dew Care Jump Start 

20200708_015830~2.jpg

Spoiler

20200708_020342.jpg

Fit: Clearly not ideal, lol, especially on the bottom. Was super annoying to separate the mask from the support sheets. Left on for 20-40 minutes (I can't remember, I was falling asleep, lol). Was mostly dried down.
Serum: So much! I spread all over my arms, neck and hands. A little bit of tack after.
Effect: Definitely helped my post week off of skincare and hormonal skin. My skin was definitely a bit brighter, smoother and most definitely softer after. 

B : nice effects, but a bit higher price, mess to get out and use and terrible fit.

Ingredients
Spoiler

20200708_015839.jpg

20200712_003748~2.jpg

Spoiler

20200712_004414~2.jpg

Fit: Meh, standard too big doesn't fit well. A bit stiff. Left on 30-40 minutes. 

Serum: A lot in the package, kinda milky watery gel consistency. No scent. Very little tack. 
Effects: No real effects on pores or wrinkles but minor brightening effects.
C : No truly negative side effects, but no truly good outcomes. Solid average C. Lol.

Ingredients
Spoiler

20200712_003754~2.jpg

β€˜No bad effects’ is sometimes all you can ask for, @haleyvvvv πŸ˜‚

Lol, truly, @eshoe!! 🀣

Too bad Jumpstart was underwhelming, @haleyvvvv.

Thank you, @quspork!! I had a trio, so now just one more to use.

@haleyvvvv  Glad the TCFS mask turned out nice for you! I wasn't super impressed with it, especially considering the price - but i have become a lot more picky about the masks I'll repurchase. πŸ˜‰

Thank you, @Shosh85!! Yes, it is very expensive for the results. If I saw a box on sale though, would probably grab tho. In general I am very picky about rebuying masks though, lol.

@haleyvvvv  Sorry they didn’t wow you!! I’ve been meaning to try the TCFS pumpkin mask!!

@ather In all fairness, the TCFS was a good one!! It just was pricey and didn't fit the bottom half of my face. A "B" is a great rating for me, definitely would consider repurchasing. For me an "A" is something that makes me want to use it in place of my fave wash off mask.

That's good to know your scale @haleyvvvv since we all grade differently. I think sometimes we are so excited with A masks that we forget B is still a good one too just not a wow. πŸ™‚

13,038 Replies