Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

This one sounds like its a great one to have on hand for soothing irritated skin, @lmaster

@quspork I could see it being extremely beneficial during the summer, or after a peel and any sensitive skin issues

@lmaster that sounds good! I'll have to check out out. Cortisone did more than the cica cream i bought. Still not normal yet though.

@sprocketta I'm happy to hear you have at least found some relief

@lmaster Im digging the sound of this mask!  I love oatmeal in my skincare and this sounds like just enough interactive to make it fun without making it extra messy and time consuming!

@missjeanie it was not messy at all! I'm all about mess free masking ๐Ÿ˜‰

@lmaster, Iโ€™m not usually one for the interactive masks but this one looks and sounds fantastic!! ๐Ÿ˜ I do like the Purenskin brand too. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Will have to check this one out once I get through a handful of masks.

@itsfi I was actually really excited to try this mask ๐Ÿ˜† I have one more left, this is a mask I'll need more backups for

O is for oil (avocado), Origins and overnight

Ingredient focus: avocado oilIngredient focus: avocado oil

I thought I might get in some O for off-theme masking time a la @heartsmyface with this masking trio, but this avocado oil focus gets an O all on its own.

Hair Mask:

Spoiler
I was introduced to the Garnier Fructis 1 Minute Hair Mask + Avocado extra by the outstanding @Shosh85! You're another O for this masking sesh, Shosh! ๐Ÿ˜† One previous use of this mask coupled with shosh's seal of approval ๐Ÿ‘ was enough to enable me to delve into the other hair masks in this line. All have been good. This particular version is best suited for dry or damaged hair, this rich cream has a nice scent that smells nothing like avocado; I would say fresh and subtly floral, maybe. It works beautifully to smooth, detangle and nourish hair. It really is a TLC in a jar for your hair, leaving it soft, silky and moisturized. Another great rec from shosh - thank you! You've never steered me wrong! ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿฅ‘

My Skin Type / Condition: Dehydrated and dry, very much so on both fronts. 

Wash Off / Overnight Mask:

Spoiler
Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Hydrating Mask is another oldie but goodie. I think @eshoe may have posted about her use of it recently as well. It's  one of those masks that I've been using since before I even started taking part in the masking thread  on BIC. I was going to say that it feels like years ago, but it is in fact YEARS ago. Hahaha! ๐Ÿ˜‚ This is intended as an overnight mask - it  really does a wonderful job of putting back some intense moisture to the skin, especially for those with dry or dehydrated skin who would be the target market for this beauty.

It's a clear, gel-cream that smells refreshing and fruity. A little goes a long way but my usual MO for this mask is, or has been, to slather on and massage a fair amount onto my skin before a flight. โœˆ๏ธ Airplanes are horrible environments for my skin and this Origins mask is one of the ones I like to keep with me and use as part of my pre-flight prep (or even as a moisturizer on very cold, chilly and windy days). My skin always looks happy after I use this mask - softer, smoother (no dry patches!), more hydrated, and plump skin. โ™ฅ๏ธ I questioned whether I should break out this DS, my last DS of it but as I don't have any plans for work travel this year and since my skin is very dry and dehydrated at the moment, I went for it. I can always look for another DS or pick up a full size of this or the apricot version of it if I need to. 

Sheet Mask:

Spoiler
MaskFrudia Skin Relief Repair Irritable Skin (Avocado Relief Mask)

Claim(s): Repairing

Material: Soft, slightly thin leaning mask made up of nature-derived, botanical fibers, which, to me, could mean any number of things. This one, being a natural sheet mask, has a light tan/beige hue to it, instead of the bleached white color that you see in many sheet masks.

Adherence: Good

Fit: Not bad - a smidge too wide at the temples, about an inch too long at the chin/jawline. I only needed to make slight adjustments to the lower inner corners of the opening for the eyes.

Essence: Thin, watery but not runny, milky essence with a fresh, slightly fruity floral scent that dissipates quickly.

Performance & Results: Oh wow, my skin loved this mask. My skin is really on the dehydrated side at the moment so it slurped up the goodness of this mask during the 20 minutes I left it on. After removing the mask, the more normal or oily parts of my face looked dewy as there was some essence remaining in those area. The dry spots felt nourished and happy, with many of the areas where I had dry patches starting to form looking and feeling moisturized, healthier. ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿฅ‘

Best Suited For: Dry, dehydrated or compromised skin (and who are not allergic to avocado oil). This would be a good choice for a lot of the maskers on here, especially in the winter and this transitional period from winter to spring.

Will I Repurchase?: Absolutely. 

All three of these masks are avocaDOs. ๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿฅ‘

I know, @Samtian. These aren't going to be on your list, are they? 

@itsfi the Garnier hair masks are so good, and the price is friendly, tooโ˜บ๏ธ  I have been using the Origins Mini Drink Upโ„ข Intensive Overnight Hydrating Mask with Avocado & Swiss Glacier Water 1 oz/ 3... more now that I have finished the Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml, and find them to be quite similar! Scent, consistency, absorption...although I think the Origins lacks the AHAs๐Ÿค”

@eshoe, Iโ€™ve used the YTTP before though not very often because it contains AHA and I donโ€™t want to over-exfoliate. Thatโ€™s interesting that you pick up a similar scent between the two masks. I find the YTTP to be sweet and fruity, more berry-ish, and the Origins to be fruity and floral, but I donโ€™t pick up any berry scent in the Origins mask.

@itsfi I need to try that frudia sheet mask!!!

Yes @lmaster! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ You were one of the lovely maskers who I thought would really enjoy this one! So nourishing! 

@itsfi These masks were my introduction to Frudia and I'm certainly not mad at them!  I was just eyeing a Frudia lip balm this morning!

A Frudia lip balm, you say @missjeanie? Which one caught your fancy?

The honey pomegranate pot one first caught my eye @itsfi  but then I think I prefer the tube for the mango! IMG_9484.PNGIMG_9485.PNG

Ooouh, nice @missjeanie! I have the honey blueberry version in the pot. That tube version looks very familiar. Not like familiar as in I've seen it on the various Kbeauty sites I browse, but familiar as in I think I've seen it in someone's haul. Hmmm . . . . @Shosh85@quspork?

@itsfi @Shosh85 @missjeanie I picked up the Coconut Honey one a couple of months ago and unfortunately have some sort of reaction to it. It makes my lips uncomfortably tingly with a slight burning sensation. As Shosh said, it's also just an odd texture and not particularly hydrating. Hopefully the mango one would work out better for you, missjeanie.

Ouch @quspork! That sounds awful. ๐Ÿ˜ž So sorry to hear about your reaction. Agree with @missjeanie, you ladies do an excellent job enabling and steering me away from subpar products! ๐Ÿค— @Shosh85 

@quspork This is another reason why I love BIC.  I think you guys just saved me a bit of coin.  I'll save it to put towards something that gets better reviews.  I can't believe how much of a difference there was between all three when they're from the same line.  So odd. 

@itsfi @missjeanie I did just recently buy some of these! I got the Grape Honey Lip Essence, Mango Honey Lip Mask and Coconut Honey Lip Cream. Out of those three the Grape Essence is my favorite, which is basically just a thin lip gloss - but smells/tastes great, feels moisturizing, smooth and is non-sticky. The Mango Mask is my second favorite. It smells/tastes great too, but the consistency is a little strange to me - kinda thick and waxy, and has a sort of slippery feel which kind of makes it feel like its just sitting on top of my lips. I haven't put it to the test overnight yet, so I'll be interested to try that out.  The Coconut Cream also has a weird consistency - it is sort of hard to spread around on my lips and doesn't seem to really do much of anything. I did a little comparison of the three Frudia lippies with the Sephora Collection Sleeping Lip mask and the Laneige Lip mask, to give you a better idea of the consistencies/textures.

Spoiler
IMG_2677.jpg
21,357 Replies
testing